Lady Mystical's tales of the Dimensions

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Lady Mystical's tales of the Dimensions

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Sep 2006, 05:29

Ok I am going to put some stories here that may or may not be related to H5. If anybody else wants to contribute, feel free. Because I can not continue my storyline without spoilers, and I feel a need to express myself creatively, some of these stories are...enhanced. All the tales are partially true but here is a little warning...
Herein lies the tales of one Lady Mystical. Born into the 23rd generation of the Stormcrow family. The stories contained within span several alternate realities, and some of the forms that said Lady Mystical has taken therein. Told by Lady Mystical herself they are to be taken with a grain of salt, as none of these tales can be varified by any reliable source. Being as she has attained the age, she claims, of 650 yrs her memory has to be suspect. For a Half-Elf 650 is an advanced age. So with the warning told, here are some of her tales.
The next posting will have the actual stories, and I will post about 1 a week, should be viewed on fridays as they will be each completed by then.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Sep 2006, 07:29

One of my favorite experiences was shortly after I started my adventure days. I had the opportunity to travel to a time called, the future (well this is one of a couple of times). In this alternate reality, creatures such as myself did not exist, and it was believed we never did. (Imagine such nonsense!). I was a female of oriental origins in this reality, and my name was Kintasha Toshindo (being from the past my ability to formulate a present name was lacking, luckily nobody ever cought on). Here is my tale.

I was a student of the ancient mystic art of Ninjitsu, and was part of a 'royal' family. The Toshindo Clan was widely known, and for the most part, widely respected. A family of warriors, our school for these arts was the most sought after of all the schools. Even the Emporer sent one of his children to study with us. Which sadly, is when the trouble really began.
His royal paininthebutt, I mean highness, was a brat. Never once did he do as bidden, and thought himself above all the menial tasks all of us did. My father was a proud man, and not even for an Emporer's offspring would put up with such disrespect. He dismissed the youth, and sent him back to the Emporer.
A few days later my sensai sent me into the hills on an errand to fetch some medicines that were commonly used to treat injuries. I found it a little odd that everybody was practicing extra hard, but I was a loyal student and did as bid. I know now that he forsaw what was to come, and tried to protect me.
Alas for him, I am quick of feet and have a keen eye. I found what he sent me after a lot sooner then he thought I would have. Hastily I returned to my home, only to see it burning. Soldiers of the Emporer's army were slaughtering my kin, who were not even putting up a fight. They were some of the greatest warriors in the world, but there honor prevented them from raising even a defense against the Emporer's troops.

I could not stand by and do nothing, though I was honor bound to do just that. For the first, but not last, time I broke my honor. Like a woman possessed I attacked the nearest soldier. Alas though I was well trained, my body had yet to catch up with my training. I was unable to do any real damage before I was captured, and taken as a slave. They were unaware that I was a Toshindo, for my father had never told anybody he had a child (in those days having a female child first was a sign of weakness or something, I harbor no hard feelings for this, it saved my life).

For a year I was imprisoned. I will not detail all the attrocities I went through, but will say that it made me strong...and my heart hard as stone. Every day in secret I practiced, even though I had little food and less energy from the days work. Then, before I could make good my escape, the cell opened one day.

Standing in the door was a Master Tim Steelarm. He was one of my fathers first students, and some say he even surpassed my father eventually. He informed me that I was to come with him, and told me that he had freed me. There was one condition though. I must study under him for no less then 2 yrs. Gladly I accepted this. Plans of revenge were still in my mind, but I knew revenge was a dish best served cold.

My training was...unusual. I did everything my father taught me, but I did it blindfolded. So my eyes would not get weak, I did this at night, and did normal chores during the day. I admit for 2 years I did not sleep much. No matter how advanced my training, I was not allowed to remove the blindfold. Regardless if it was balancing on bamboo poles or fighting a ring of sighted opponits, I succeeded or failed without my sight. My body become like iron, even harder then my heart. At the time I hated all men, save for my new sensai. And there were days he topped the list of those I hated. Time passed and my heart softened. My true enemy was the Emporer, he alone would pay for this act.

I become the first Ninja in history who could fight better blind then with sight (or so I was told) others came after and copied this however. To this day Ms Toshiodo does not go into combat without first blindfolding herself. Most of her friends know that if they recieve a blindfold that she is going hunting, and woe to whoever she has in target.

I never did manage to get my revenge on the Emporer, alas he passed away before my vengence could be fufilled. My last act was to restart the Toshindo Clan by adoption, and start an assassin's guild. It went on to be the most successful, all female, assassin's guild known. Never once have they missed there target. And if they don't want Mama Toshindo coming for them...they never will.

I learned a very valuable lesson as this person. Revenge can be a powerful motivator, but caring and love even more so. If not for the goodness showed to her by Tim Steelarm in his own way, she would never had any other thought then revenge. :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 04:26

I know from my last story quite a few of you think these stories are just about myself. To be honest, though I am in every story, I play a supporting role in most of these tales. These tells all have a lesson in them. Here starts my 2nd story (which will hopefully be finished by next friday). First some background.

The future I visited on my second go round was what you would call modern day. Again 'my kind' did not exist, yet there were people in costumes flying arround. How somebody could believe that we elves didn't exist, yet believe that people could move faster then lightning or pick up mountains is beyond me.

At the time I visited this realm I was a bit angry at everybody and everything. My role in this realm was as a villian and very minor compaired to the roles that many others played. Alexus Demetria was my name at this time. I was one of two genetically created 'superweapons' from a hostile force. My 'brother' Alex was the other. I was what was termed a 'brick', and he was what was termed a 'drainer'. When it come to power, we were stronger then all the ones set against us by far. Victory should have been easy. Again I had a lot to learn.

I had managed to seperate and trap one of the squad of 'superbeings' sent against me and my brother. A person going by the name Riptide he was a 'speedster' and could also create ice from nothing (ooc: think iceman meets flash). It was a tried and true trap that used severe heat and titanium walls with subsonic waves to keep him from passing through submolecularly. What we didn't know is, it was a trap for us. He had been sent in so he could get caught. He had a transponder on him. Soon they all knew where we were. Not that it would do any good, between us me and my twin brother (interesting ooc note : he was played by my real twin brother though we could not be called even close to twins now ;)) we could take anything they could throw at us.

Things started going our way almost as soon as they arrived. They split up to try to find/rescue there teammate. We put on a scrambler to slow them down after we first saw there ship. Fools were walking right into the lions den. So of course, we decided to tackle them one or a few at a time. Deathgoblin, another that was considered a 'tank', and Lightstar (a energy manipulater who used light and was hard as heck to hit *sighs*), were the first to be dealt with and captured. Thinking back we should have eliminated them, but we wanted them all to see each other parish.

Much easier was the second squad. Sonicwave (thought he was a rockstar how droll) who used soundwaves and technology, and Mesmer (could hypnotise people, that is, until my brother drained it and used it on wave muhahaha). Never had to lift a finger, Wave did all the work for us. We 'thanked' him by putting him with Goblin and Star.

The final trio (by then the two left had freed the speedster) was comprised of : Captain Rightous (come on where do they come up with these names), Victoria Star : AKA Magicgirl (bah should have been Mysticgirl at least I would have hesitated a little...), and our recently freed Riptide. Rightous was the only real threat, the other two we had already dealt with time and time again. Or..so me and my brother thought.

Rightous was the groups leader, being the most dangerous of the group. His ability to rebound half of any action used against him would be trouble. To our utter confusion, he and riptide went down faster then they should have, and riptide didn't seem as quick on his feet as he should have. Since we both were pretty impervious to magic, Magicgirl should be relatively easy..boy were we wrong..again.

See there was a reason they all went down so easy, and why even Rightous could not put up much of a fight. They sacrificed themselves...Magicgirl had created a unique spell. While it could not affect US, it could affect HER. They had given her half of all there powers, and then made sure we would confront them. Why? Because they knew my brother had limits on draining, and he already had reached that limit. Next thing we know, she is glowing bright white, and walking forward with purpose and a fire we could not understand. Her friends had sacrificed themselves, were in mortal danger, and she would not let them down.

It was a fight over before it began. She shrugged aside everything we threw at her as if it was gnats buzzing at her head. The thrashing we recieved probably could have made history, if any had cared that is. This is when I learned my second valuable lesson.

Power is not everything. Sometimes faith, and your friends, is all the power you need.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 16:04

There was a time long ago when I wasnt the omnistuff god I am now.There was a time when I had endles reincarnation cycles.There was a time when I was just a mortal creature.And many funny events I witnessed in those times.Here are some of those:

It was not a peacfull time.War was just around the corner.Hordes of orcs were ammasing ready to strike my beloved kingdom.Being weird as I am,I decided to join with those as weird as me.An ugly elf( 8| )was there.Poor fella.Resorting to thievery in order to survive.A noble human,with a kind heart,and strange connection to the ugly one.And me,trully a beautiful elf.A womanizer( :devious: ).But a great mage as well.And never without his trusty loyal guards(hey,I was a prince :devil: ).

So the battle was about to start,the human armies set up in the gorge ready to repel the orcish attack.The noble human was leading one of the cavalry regiments,while the ugly one and me were on top of the canyon to support the ground troops.

The orcs appeared soon.Warg riders,shamans,axe throwers,and many,many grunts.They charged the human army,and in their charge a rain of arrows and spells started decimating them from above.But while all were firing arrows and tossing spells,I glanced at the ugly one.He just stood there,pondering god knows what.

The orcs clashed with the ground troops,arrows still decimating their ranks,spells still burning,stunning,freezing them.But the ugly fellow just stood there,still as a statue.People around him started eyeing him suspiciously.

Then,all of a sudden,he dropped his bow,took hes sword,yelled "Heroes,follow me to victory!!"And charged down the gorge.Shocked,the humans did like he asked,threw their bows,took their swords and charged down the gorge.

I just stood there and watched in disbelief while the ugly one charged a regiment of orcs.Poor fella died six times before he hit the ground.And he was trampled by the humans charging behind him immidiatelly after.We never found his body.But he sure went to fools heaven after that :devil:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 13 Sep 2006, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Sep 2006, 16:15

And that's where things are going to be a little complicated Daemian. If you can press one idea into the one joke, why waste articles for it? ** And I'm pretty sure that in this life you wasn't any prince but one of these ugly evil Orcs whose just laughed of other stupidities. ** Did I say that I hate bad stories?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:02

yep, that was pretty woeful DL, but i liked your efforts Mytical
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Sep 2006, 04:43

Hmm I liked it myself. Different that is for sure :). Maybe a little to negative for some tastes, but it's all the spice of life to me.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 05:54

it wasn;t so much the negative tone, if that's what it was, more the lacklustre characterisation, limited plot development and deflating climax ;)

still probably better than anything i'll come up with :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Sep 2006, 05:59

Well what would you excpect from a single day adventure?It shouldve been just a begining of our adventures and it turned into an quick ending.

Also note that none of the stories Ill write here are D&D settings.D&D adventures I did were quite long,and I have no intention of writing a whole novel.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Sep 2006, 06:38

Let me tell you about the time I died...well one of them at least. This is not one of the 12 tales that I have in store, but looking back I thought it was funny.

Unfortunately I have this ...problem with retreat and/or surrender. My characters mottos usually are variations of.. "Surrender is not an option, and I will cover you while you retreat." So I can relate to the 'ugly one' in DL's story. I only thank the powers that there is such a thing as ressurection. One day; however, I will have died one to many times :very evil grin:.

We decided to go to the Drow city, don't ask me to spell it, and get some of the powerful magical items they have down there. Right off, this can tell you we were just asking for trouble. Especially because everybody in the group was a surface elf (for some reason Drow don't like us, go figure). Our raid started off good, we caught them totally by suprise, for who would imagine a bunch of surface elves raiding them? Only madmen (women) or those tired of living would be so ... bold. We even managed to take out a few of these Dark Elves and send them to Lolth's embrace (and much did they deserve this).

On our way back of course various Drow parties tried to prevent our escape. Though at the time we were mighty, eventually we began to tire, and waiver. Then, up ahead, we saw hope. The exit, and dawn was approaching! If we could make it out the cave, the drow would not follow into the light. Unfortunately there was yet another group of Drow between us and the exit. No matter, we had defeated more then we could count, what was a couple more.

Only 1 priestess, 1 of there mages (typically male and this was no exception), and another. Should be cake for 4 of us. We had a Paladin, a Ranger, a wizard, and a priest. They are powerful, but we are as well. Knowing we were going against drow, our priest had prepaired a continual light spell, and summoned it immediately. This weakend the drow, and we pressed the attack less they cloak us in darkness.

As we charged forward the non-mage male did something odd. He removed his cloak and unfastend his armor straps. Immediately I knew what was coming, and it only took the paladin a little longer. We were in serious trouble. Sure enough, the dark tatoos on this figures back revealed what I feared. He was a Death Dancer, and we were in trouble. More drow were coming up from behind, so I did the only thing I could think. I ran screaming like a banshee at the priestess. Drow protect there priestess fiercely, and I drew most of there attention. Our mage and priest ran straight for the door, I knew the Paladin would be going nowhere, but maybe they would live.

The drow thought they knew the reason for my next action. I broke open a little pearl and created a sphere of silence. Magic was our enemy here, so it made sense. What they couldn't understand is why me and the Paladin both quaffed a potion right after, no potion would save us now. (and it wasn't to keep us alive I assure you). Me and the Paladin knew we were not leaving this cave alive. A few minutes later as we were being swarmed by a dozen drow, a bright light entered the tunnel, and flames followed soon after. 12 bodies in all were destroyed in an instant, 10 of which turned to ash...2 of which parished but the bodies were more or less intact. You see the potion we drank was a protection vs fire potion. No magic could be cast from within the silence, but they could not here the casting of some outside. The mage had released a huge fireball straight into us.

They recovered our bodies, ressurrected us, and split there findings. We took a year to recover, even with the best healers, but in the end it was worth it. Not only were many drow now past any ressurrection, but we had many magical treasures afterward. Oh, and another good thing came of it. A drow had seen our actions and lived, and 'saw the light'. It was the Death Dancer. He taught me the most sacred and secret art of the Drow. The Dance of Death.

I think DL will do fine with stories. Once he starts describing a little more in detail :). Me sometimes I go overboard the other way, or skip important information altogether. For instance above..how the drow survived..well 1st he hadn't started the Dance yet, and 2nd the second there was only 2 of us, he was no longer needed. He departed. However it was not important to the story so I left it out.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 11 Sep 2006, 21:54

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well what would you excpect from a single day adventure?It shouldve been just a begining of our adventures and it turned into an quick ending.
It actually kept me reading, DL. Unexpected ending, and the poor fella dying 6 times before he hit the ground... you have talent, keep writing. :-D I will read your stories gladly.
Morior, ergo sum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Sep 2006, 22:09

Lady Farquad wrote: It actually kept me reading, DL. Unexpected ending, and the poor fella dying 6 times before he hit the ground... you have talent, keep writing. :-D I will read your stories gladly.
And its all verbatim.GM actually did kill him 6 times before he hit the ground :devil:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Sep 2006, 22:39

Well I have a request to speak to you of the Drow Death Dance. So I am here to do just that. This story does not require you to be familiar with all the Drow's habits. The most important thing about the Drow you need to know is...they respect might. The stronger you are, the more they respect you. Oh, this won't keep them from sticking a dagger in your back if given the chance, but as long as you keep them in sight it will get them to make better deals with you. Not all Drow are evil, those that are not are outcasts or renegades.

Back to the Dance though. The Drow males have long time been pushed aside and pretty much used as servants or such. Women ruled the day, and even the greatest male would defer to the lowest female. It had been this way for thousands of years. That is until one of the males stumbled apon a anchient codex. This codex, long lost again to the mists of time, discribed an anchient combat art. The male who found this, being drow and thus always looking for a way to gain more power, kept it secret and practiced it's ways. For decades he practiced, every chance he got. Soon his skill in fighting was near unparralled. The true power of the dance though, was beyond his scope.

The codex revealed that only through some mystic symbols could the true power of the Dance be revealed. This would require a mage, and the person who found it was no mage. So he enlisted the help of a house mage, a male that is kept arround to defend the Houses against magical attacks...usually from other Houses. After this mage translated the runes, he inked them with magical ink onto the person who had found the codex. Suprisingly, for a drow, the finder of the codex actually kept his word, and did the same for the mage with instruction. Then he taught this man the way of the Dance.

Both of these Drow's names were lost in the sea of time, but there teachings have passed down through the generations. It started out they taught only males, but soon both males and females were practicing in secret. Within generations, a really long time when you consider this is drow we speak of, the Dance became the most sacred rite next to of course sacrificing to Lloth. Outsiders only saw the dance once, right before they died.

The dance can be proformed only under two conditions. Training, and in a fight the dancer expects to die in. Even if they survive the fight, they must then kill themselves..this is one reason it is called the Death Dance. Another reason it is called this is it is perhaps the most deadly art of all time. It has allowed one or two individuals to take on whole armies..and win.

Here is as much as I can tell you of the dance. First, you need two weapons, preferrably scimitars. The more magic the better, for you channel a lot of energy through the blades. Next, no armor may be worn, not even robes. The most you are allowed is the basic to fufill modesty, and even that slightly hampers the dance. Next you have to have the runes magically written on your back, without the runes the dance is strong but not a fraction of the strength with them. Once on they can not be dispelled, erased, or altered in any fashion by any known means. Each persons runes are different though, and usually describe the person and who taught them. When you first start the dance, you gain enormous speed, strength and resistance to magic. The longer you dance, the more this is heightened. It is beautiful and a little scary to watch, as the body and weapons become one. It does look like a dance, but in a way that adds to it's danger. The dancer appears to be moving slow and patiently, but is actually a blur of action. People have died while seeing the dancer half way accross the room, because of the deceptive power of the dance. Not even such things as true sight can help this, as it is not illusion or phantoms.

Eventually you use up all your energy when dancing. The dance is fueled by the magic inside each person, and it is used up rather quickly. When the energy is used, that is when the Dance enters the last stage, called simply Death's Fire. The entire body becomes lit with a eerie blue fire (sometimes red if the person is extreamly evil, or white if extreamly good), and slowly the person is consumed. This takes a little though, and the person feels no pain during this process, and usually continues to fight. At this point it is impossible to stop the dance, you will litterally dance to death, even if no enemy is arround. You are not forced to attack anybody you do not wish, but you will dance. During this time anybody attacking the individual in melee combat will take fire damage, and also runs the risk of catching fire themselves.

Well that is the dance, and ware if you see somebody with these markings removing there armor. Hope they are on your side.

(ooc, in D&D terms the person using this gains an extra attack, double damage, and 100% magic resistance initially...then an extra attack, and additional damage every 3 rounds. They have an effective ac of -3 (even without armor), and this is lowered by 1 also every three rounds. They can dance for as many turns as they have constitution, after which they will 'survive' only 3 more turns. During the last 3 turns they will be on fire and take 30 hp of damage each turn, in addition to any other damage dealt to them. Anybody hitting them in melee suffers 1d10 damage, and must save vs magic or catch fire taking 30hp/turn damage for 3 turns. At the end of the 3 turns they die regardless of how much hp they have left. Before they reach this stage they may end the dance at any time, after they reach it, they will continue to dance until dead. Of course they can not be forced to commit suicide if they survive a fight, however, if any drow learns they did not the whole drow species will seek them to try to kill them. Usually this is true if a non-drow learns the dance, but there are exceptions. I think there are more watered down versions out there, but this is the original to my knowledge. I believe Drizzt knows a watered down version (forgotten realms))

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2006, 01:25

ohhhhh, that dance .... geez, i learned the moves to that years ago, you should me cut up the dance floor with them thar moves, the ladies just can't help themselves but circle closer, like moths to a flame, which is kinda accurate, cause after about 5 minutes of this, i'm starting to really burn

:)

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 05:39

No way to delete this one and nothing to put here :(. I dont have a clue what to do about this one lol. Mods??
Last edited by Mytical on 16 Sep 2006, 09:14, edited 2 times in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Sep 2006, 08:45

Even before I became a god,I had quite a few bickerings with other deities.Must be because gods dont know of time.Being omnistuff you know at every moment what was,what is,and what will be.That must be why lady luck always had(and still has,and always will have)a grudge against me.

It was a strange incarnation of mine,indeed.I dont remember much of my life before that prison,but I do remember almost the whole background story of one of my inmates there.A noble he was,but an orphan too.Later,he did reclaim his rightfull title.And I was just one of his cellmates then.Just a regular grungy dwarf.There were a pesky elven mage and a pesky elven ranger with us as well.

Trully a strange prison it was.We were well fed,and well clothed(compared to other prisons Ive been to,at least).But there was a catch.We had to fight other inmates in a special arena in order to earn our "accommodation".Well,thats not such a bad thing.I did plan to spend life fighting for food and shelter anyway.

So there we were,ready for our first match.Four of us,each with a weapon he chose before the battle,standing near one of the huge doors in a circle arena.Opposite us was a party of four orcs.A shaman,a huge brute,and two lonely grunts.

The croud was hungry for blood.And they all placed bets on who will win,who will die first,who will spill the most blood,etc.Trully a gruesome sight.Although,I didnt think of it gruesome then.I was starting to fill with rage,and my head was filled only with pictures of those 4 orcs diseboweled.So I raised my axe and started running towards the huge brute.The pesky mage started chanting something,and the human started running along with me.The orcs started their charge towards us as well.An arrow flew by and hit one of the grunts in the arm(although Im sure that pesky archer targeted me).

Finaly the five of us clashed,and all I could see was brutes blade nearing me.I swear I could hear lady luck laugh when the blade cut trough my neck like through a twig.

But there was no bright light,no tunnel,nothing.I quickly got reincarnated.At least the deity of reincarnation was on my side(or so I thought),because soon I got my soul placed in a body of another dwarven inmate.Oddly enough,it is just like I squeezed the poor fellas soul and settled down in his body.I had his memmories,but they were distant,like I never lived through them.

But in order to be added to the winning group,I had to show my worth by fighting a swarm of pesky giant flying bugs.I was teleported right in the middle of the swarm,and Im sure that mages aranged for the battle to be viewed by the blood hungry masses.

As the bugs started stinging me,I started swinging my axe wiledly arround.There werent many of them.Four or five,if I remember correctly.But they were so annoying.And again,I could hear lady luck laughing,as my axe fumbled and sprung out of my hand,and fall down some distance from me.

So I ran towards the axe,those bugs stinging me fiercly.I grabed my axe,swung it and hit as hard as I could!And the hit was perfect!It really did some damage this time.....To the ground.....

Already I became very tired,and lost a lot of blood,and those bugs just kept stinging.I did manage to get one of them though,before I sucumbed to the wounds.

And again I got reincarnated,and again I squeezed some poor dwarf out of his body.Just in time.Because the inmates started their big escape,and the big fight against the guards.So I grabed an axe from a dead guard and rushed in the fight.I did slay a few,before I heard lady lucks laughter again.I looked down,and saw a spear sticking out of my chest.

The god of reincarnation decided to take pitty on me then,because my every reincarnation after that becomes quite fond of magic,and hates melee fighting(especially with axes).Which is a very good thing.Because,though lady luck cursed me to fail very often,I failed at failures as well.Many spells I misscasted,but none of those misscast did some serrious damage to myself.The worst one made me blind and deaf for a short time,but thats all.

Once I became a god myself,though,I return lady luck the favour.And hard.But thats a completely other story :devil:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 13 Sep 2006, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 08:56

I laughed, I cried, I was confused.... poor dwarves.

I know my initial goal was 12 postings, 1 a week but thanks to insperation provided by peopl in RL thread that is no longer a realistic goal. So..I will start my next story here soon :). Lol blame the good folks like Stefan, DL, GOW, POL, tLD, ect. It's all there fault!!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 01:24

sure, blame us :D

that was better DL, i actually had a smile on my face at the end :)

oh and
Being omnipotent you know at every moment what was,what is,and what will be.
that would be omniscient. Omnipotent is all-powerful, omnipresent is all-seeing and omniscient is all-knowing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 02:20

stefan.urlus wrote: that would be omniscient. Omnipotent is all-powerful, omnipresent is all-seeing and omniscient is all-knowing
Ah,well,deities are all of those,so I could just write "being omnistuff"(and I will :devil: )

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 02:42

that would work better, especially since an all-knowing god should know what omnipotent means!!! :D

Return to “Campfire”