missing MoO

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

missing MoO

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 09 Sep 2006, 16:20

i recently have purchased Galactic Civ2...is nice, but is almost the same as Civilizations (duh..)

MoO3 sadly was rushed, (something like in H4, great ideas, average implementation), but MoO2 is still the best ,even better than GC???..maybe, to me there are few cases in which such old game beats the new ones

if MoO3 would have good implementetion that game would be great, and be the N1

there isnt any news from MoO saga??? Mr. Barcia (the original creative designer, i guess) will take again the game as producer or designer???, i would love to see the new trilarians (but the MoO2 "plancton aliens" with their ocean planet bonus)...i miss MoO
Tigrans forever!!!!meow!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 16:28

Isnt this for the hall of heretics?

Indeed. Thread moved. GC.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 09 Sep 2006, 16:35

hmmmm, what u mean, are u an inquisitor??? ;| the H5 forum is out there... u know....

anyway, anyone have read or hear something about MoO4??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 16:39

I meant that we have a special place for games other than heroes :D

Anyhow,I doubt MOO4 will come in any near future.Personaly Id prefer an ascendacy remake,because thats one rare game where there are no humans.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 09 Sep 2006, 16:49

lol, hehe sometimes is hard to see if u are or not being sarcastic, DD :D

hmmmm were humans... i think....but the sistem in MoO2 was named "sol", is sun..in spanish..were the masters of diplomacy...but not with the GC Ai, of course

hope a moderator redirect the thread

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: missing MoO

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Sep 2006, 17:08

chaosgorgon wrote:i recently have purchased Galactic Civ2...is nice, but is almost the same as Civilizations (duh..)

MoO3 sadly was rushed, (something like in H4, great ideas, average implementation), but MoO2 is still the best ,even better than GC???..maybe, to me there are few cases in which such old game beats the new ones
While I enjoyed MOO3, I agree that MOO2 was the best. I have yet to try GC2. MOO3 required a lot of micromanagement, even though you could set up ques to handle a lot of it.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: missing MoO

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 18:21

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: While I enjoyed MOO3, I agree that MOO2 was the best. I have yet to try GC2. MOO3 required a lot of micromanagement, even though you could set up ques to handle a lot of it.
MOO3 was too much micromanagment.I simply couldnt stand it,so I deleted it.GC on the other hand,almost plays itself.The only micromanagment part is designing your ships(and its also a very fun part).Designing your units should be available in every TBS game.It is so much fun!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Sep 2006, 18:27

Never played MoO3 (I am guessing this is Masters of Orion?? I really enjoyed MoO2 if so and my favorite was either the Silicoid or Psions (? the smart race that learned all tech in a branch). Else I always did a self made one. As for news I too would like to hear some, been a long long long time. Still not as good for me as Heroes though. Still a huge fan dispite all it's problems.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:43

loved moo, loved moo2, deleted moo3 after a couple of days

even replayed moo about 4 months ago, still a great game indeed, i could wish for a moo4, but i don't think it's gonna happen any time soon
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Sep 2006, 14:48

Master of Orion 2 was excellant. I bought 3 for $10 awhile back but unfortunately I was never very good at it. Galactic Civilizations 2 is a game I really need to spend more time with. I own it, but I just haven't gotten around to play it very much yet.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 11 Sep 2006, 15:39

I never played Master of Orion, but I am a big fan of Ascendancy... One of the few "Civ" games I still play on a regular basis. Man I love this game.

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 13 Sep 2006, 21:18

I recently got re-adicted to MoO 2. Best space game ever. I also have MoO 3, a burned copy from a friend of my brother, and I still think it's a waste. They took everything that was good in MoO2 and messed it up. I don't think I even ever played long enough to fight. I't a disgrace to the MoO franchise.
"Patching Eternal!"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2006, 01:24

you may want to edit that post and remove the talk about your copy of moo2 .... methinks that be against forum rules
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 16 Sep 2006, 04:17

Yeah, MoO2 was great. MoO3 could have been awesome if they had spent more time, but what game isn't like that these days?

Speaking of Masters... I loved Master of Magic, too. Excellent game as well, and the only thing missing was multiplayer since the concept was still rather new at the time.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Sep 2006, 07:25

i only played Moo1, did i miss something with moo2? and one more thing, are klackons d&d creatures too?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 07:30

MoO2 was awesome imo, and to my knowledge Klakon (or however it is spelled) is not in D&D...but then again I only played upto 2nd adition and that only a little (man do I feel old). When I stopped playing people were just starting to discuss if 2nd addition was better or worse then 1st. Anyhow MoO2 was the only MoO I ever played, and it was one of the few that I played more then a few hours at a time. It has my highest of a marathon session for 'console' games. 6 whole hours in a row (and that is a lot for me). So it deffinately is worth looking into if you liked MoO 1.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Sep 2006, 17:14

vhilhu wrote:and one more thing, are klackons d&d creatures too?
No, Klackons are from Master of Magic (or there are in Master of Magic too).

And MOO2 - I'm lovin' it!
Played MOO1, 2, 3 and also GalCiv 1 and 2 and I must say, that MOO2 is still playable (MOO1 also).
Research tree, races creation, commanders and of course tatcical battles (this is what I miss in MOO3 so much).
MOO3 is boring - well is like H4 for me - much of good ideas but bad made (sorry, I can't find right word).
And about MOO2 and GalCiv2 - GalCiv has better AI and excellent modable randoms events (good, neutral or bad way to choose). And of course many good thing from MOO.
One thing, only thing, what I miss from MOO is tatcical battle.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Sep 2006, 17:45

yes i know they are in Master of Magic. thats why i asked, i mean MoM and D&D have many other common races (amongst others gnolls).

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Sep 2006, 17:50

IIRC (from NWN:SotU) in D&D are Formians but non Klackons.
BTW In intro of MoM - these troops behind evil wizard aren't from WH40K?

EDIT:
According to this list Klackons aren't present in D&D.

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 16 Sep 2006, 21:39

MoO3 wasnt bad either, but it was flawed of course, actually i found MoO3 with mods and patches more interesting than MoO2, but still MoO2 is better, MoO3 have still features that never were implemented like the bigger ship stack limit for the Grendarls, or the problem with the ground combat variable, or the bad implemented ship task creation, another case of an unfinished product, at least H4 was unfinished because the problems in 3do, but the issues in MoO3 werent justificable, i hope that MoO4 would be like a very well done MoO3, because the huge micro in MoO2/1 in the later game was horrible

in MoO2 my favorite race were the Sakras and Trilarians

in MoO3 were the Raas and all of the Ethereans, later with mods i liked the Grendarls (budmod race balance was great)

btw i have hear about a space strategy turn games named Imperium Galactica 2, any suggestion?? is a good game??

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”