Heroes V add-on Q & A

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby addicted » 06 Sep 2006, 19:11

Acheval states, now the release date will be 'Christmas' season? hmmmm Does Acheval realize Chrsitmas season in the U.S. can be anywhere from now until Dec 25th!!!! I know officially it is December but.... I sure hope the November date isn't pushed up to December. I just don't know what to beleive anymore.. We never get solid answers, dates, etc.. It just seems it all stays a 'guessing' game and we won't know anything until the day any of it is released, not only on the expansion but the next patch. sigh
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 19:37

addicted wrote: Does Acheval realize Chrsitmas season in the U.S. can be anywhere from now until Dec 25th!!!!
Of course he does, it's not called marketing for nothing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Sep 2006, 00:32

No christmas yet please!!! It is out of control here in 'good ol US'. As a child I thought it rediculous that right after Thanksgiving the christmas trees were out....in my teens I thought it even more so when they started putting it out before Thanksgiving. Now, I think it is absolutely mindblowing that it is 'christmas' before even All Hallows Eve. Stop the madness. Now as for the dwarf fire/ice ect thing...sorry I have to disagree with both. 1st they are mostly portrayed as against magic as a whole, and even possess resistances to such. The exception is Duregar (sorry about the horrible spelling) who are 'dark' dwarves. Also they are more tied with 'earth' then any other element (more then a few in literature even have the ability to 'talk' to stone and that is why they never get lost underground and are usually stonemasons of the highest quality). However, it is Nival's game so they will do as they desire, and change is not always a bad thing.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 05:24

Mytical302 wrote:Now as for the dwarf fire/ice ect thing...sorry I have to disagree with both. 1st they are mostly portrayed as against magic as a whole, and even possess resistances to such. The exception is Duregar (sorry about the horrible spelling) who are 'dark' dwarves.
You do know that D&D is not the only source for fantasy creatures,right?And even if it was,in the 3rd edition the dwarves could use magic as well.Though I do prefer dwarves resistant to magic,Im willing to accept other possibilities.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 07 Sep 2006, 09:37

@Ethric

Well according to nival's logic it would probably make sense to simply provide no more support other than bug fixing. I mean then you won't have all the bonus 'features' and then you'll have to get the expansion! Such as simultaneous turns and a playable multiplayer...

As for the dwarves in a snow climate worshipping a fire dragon. Well it could work if it was like a volcano in a snowy mountain top with all the fire stuff near the volcanoes crater and the snow stuff off to the sides.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 09:52

MrSteamTank wrote:As for the dwarves in a snow climate worshipping a fire dragon. Well it could work if it was like a volcano in a snowy mountain top with all the fire stuff near the volcanoes crater and the snow stuff off to the sides.
It is a lava/magma dragon,so that probably is the case.

Evenshade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Add-On Q & A

Unread postby Evenshade » 07 Sep 2006, 13:23

A "monthly" schedule for patch release apparently really means every month and a half. The first patch was released in early June, the second one was released in mid-to-late July; I suspect that the third one will be released in the next few weeks.
Edited on Thu, Sep 07 2006, 07:25 by Evenshade

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Sep 2006, 13:42

@ DL D&D is not the only place I based this on. Read the LoTR, and there are others. And I didn't say that it wasn't possible :), heck I wouldn't care if they had spaceships and worsphiped turnips :). Just making some observations. Anyhow fire is fine, and so is ice. :Grins impishly: Why not put wings on em and have em worship the dragon of air? Now that...would be different hehe. *dances out the door*
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 14:47

You want different?Read artemis fowl.There dwarves dig the earth by eating it,the brightest computer wiz is a centaur,and goblins breath fireballs.Now thats original.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 07 Sep 2006, 20:54

Meandor: LOL! You still here?? I thought you said you abandoned this s*** game a few weeks ago :)

DL: Seems they have worked only on the expansion. Why bother with patches when an expansion will give'em money? ;)

And check out the closed topic "Tired of Lies" by Final Boss on the official forum. It's hilariously funny :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Sep 2006, 21:04

@Campaigner
...And long.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 21:15

Campaigner wrote: And check out the closed topic "Tired of Lies" by Final Boss on the official forum. It's hilariously funny :D
Can you link it please.Im too lazy to search it now :D

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 07 Sep 2006, 22:22

Meandor: LOL! You still here?? I thought you said you abandoned this s*** game a few weeks ago smile
But these forums are such nice place to be :)

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 08 Sep 2006, 10:05

Return to “News”