IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 23:28

SC 2 would be marvelous.Too bad they decided to go for consoles with the ghost.Which is due when exactly?

And how can you continue diablo with all of the powers dead?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 00:09

DaemianLucifer wrote:Which is due when exactly?
Some time before Duke Nukem Forever comes out. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 06 Sep 2006, 00:35

Well for one thing, no one REALLY knows if all the Prime Evils are truly dead, but it is safe to assume so. Anything can happen though, but not all of the Lesser Evils have necessarily been mentioned, maybe more are to come.

It would also look great in 3D, as long as they kept the original feel of the game. I have heard some say that they won't bother making another though. :(
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 00:54

Duke Nukem Forever

that would be Duke Nukem Whenever!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 06 Sep 2006, 08:01

IMO, if they make Diablo 3 it will be like WoW. After all it's a RPG mostly played in MP, and the tendency for multi-player RPGs is to go massive.

About Starcraft, it's so perfect in every aspect that I don't see what can be improved but the graphics prolly. It'll be a challenge for blizz to make SC2 to surpass the first part.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 08:05

About Starcraft, it's so perfect in every aspect that I don't see what can be improved but the graphics prolly. It'll be a challenge for blizz to make SC2 to surpass the first part.
that's a good point, it was pretty perfect, and in a way it would be a potential risk to try and "improve" it .... what if it no longer works?? but i have a reasonable amount of faith in blizzard, they have done some amazing work .... only time will tell

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 06 Sep 2006, 08:11

"only time will tell"

who knows, in 2 years Starcraft will have a 10-year anniversary :P.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 08:17

maybe that is the magic date .... :D

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 06 Sep 2006, 08:48

they can try make it, and then, whatever they do, it'll never live up to the experience of SC1, and it'll be squashed. So, bet on safe money (WOW-addicts).
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 06 Sep 2006, 09:14

It's strange that none of you mentioned nwn2. I'm looking forward to that game the most. I think it's really going to be great, since it wasn't rushed like kotor 2.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 06 Sep 2006, 09:29

As somebody who had a 56 enchanter in EQ, and has a 60 NE cleric in WoW (still though I don't play much now) I will say this much. Yawn....zzzzzzzz. Oh wait where was I....yeah EQ and WoW....they were totally boring. In EQ above a certain level you had to wait for a group, sometimes forever and a day. Forget about going to the really great areas unless you were part of Warlords of Wrath (WoW....hmmm). Now World of Warcraft you can solo (or at least I could :)) as much, as often as you want. However, to get the good stuff you had to get a group again. And then hope somebody else didn't need it, and that you were part of a guild that raided these places regularly, and that what you needed actually you know..showed up? Again if you were not part of the "We are uber get out of our way" set...good luck getting anything decent. So you are stuck doing the same things OVER and OVER and OVER again.

I know getting great things should be difficult, but they should have 'instances' that are designed for those single players (like me and many others) that is really difficult but with wits, luck, and planning are soloable. That is why I like RTS or Turnbased RPG's, everybody has a chance :). You don't have to kiss hinny to get things done. Been hearing good things about a game called Vanguard, but not enough. I will forever wait till there is a MMORPG where you can do your own thing, but still talk to friends, and have a decent chance to have as good as stuff as the people who play 20hrs a day with 19 other people. Never going to happen :(
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 09:43

well let's hope it's not "never" .... i actually found diablo to be an example where you could solo and get the good gear, sure, it could take some time, but it is not supposed to be easy, my uber-barbarian in Diablo 2 has got some really sweet gear, and i have never multi'ed in that game

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 12:56

Actualy before patch 1.10 (?) Diablo 2 was pretty easy solo. After that patch they went all MP, making SP pretty much unplayable 4 casual gamers (ppl that don't feel the need to look 4 item X until they're blue in the face).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 06 Sep 2006, 13:26

Snowflake Entertainment is right now modding the entire Starcraft game to play with Warcraft3 graphics. They only need permission from Blizzard to publish it..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 13:41

Cleanpea wrote:Snowflake Entertainment is right now modding the entire Starcraft game to play with Warcraft3 graphics.
The Horror, the horror.....

Well at least the Terran buildings should look OK.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 06 Sep 2006, 13:50

I've seen one picture of this "update," and it showed siege tanks and firebats and some buildings. Didn't look that different, a little more shINY that's all.

Senahoj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Senahoj » 06 Sep 2006, 16:23

Oh, and there's something called World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade scheduled for release in November. We're assuming nobody cares....................... only a kadrilion people

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2006, 16:52

Anyone else notice there's a Desperate Housewives sims-like game coming out? 8|
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 06 Sep 2006, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 06 Sep 2006, 17:13

Oh, and there's something called World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade scheduled for release in November. We're assuming nobody cares....................... only a kadrilion people

they aren't going to read this statement.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: IGN Look At Upcoming Games

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 17:31

MER wrote: About Starcraft, it's so perfect in every aspect that I don't see what can be improved but the graphics prolly. It'll be a challenge for blizz to make SC2 to surpass the first part.
True,it cannot be improved,but it can continue the story.I really want to see the protos-zerg hybrid!
Cleanpea wrote:Snowflake Entertainment is right now modding the entire Starcraft game to play with Warcraft3 graphics. They only need permission from Blizzard to publish it..
What?!NO!!!Someone please kill them before I do so!!!

Return to “News”