Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Random thoughts

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 08:04

Could not find how many posts it takes to get what 'rank' for some reason, if it is already sticky where do I find it? :)
Last edited by Mytical on 08 Sep 2006, 14:17, edited 3 times in total.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 08:05

viewtopic.php?t=534

there she is
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 08:06

Thanks!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 08:08

Mytical Stormcrow of the Stormcrow family.
Ask me someday why Mystical Stormcrow ended up Mytical instead.
so??

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 08:18

Ok, here goes. I was dragged into D&D, by my older brother and some friends of his. They all had started characters and wanted a 'family' name (I had early suggested Stormcrow for the family name and they liked it). Before we could even get the ball rolling with Mystical in D&D they jumped into EQ, which I wasn't into gaming at the time. They took all there character names with them (in d&d they had all elf or half-elf characters). Finally my brother again asked me to complete there ranks and I reluctantly joined up. I decided to play a prank on them; however, and start a male character. All I needed was a name change. The closest name EQ would accept was Mytical. So for awhile it was all good, but then they left EQ and there I was, playing a guy (which is when I started sugar a female druid, but I gave that to my cousin). During the whole time I pretended to be a guy so the guys in EQ would leave me be. My brother is only a couple minutes older then me, and often I can pass myself off as him *giggles*. He doesn't play anymore that I know of. My most recent 'character' was Nightsilk in WoW :). Long story, but that is how Mystical became Mytical. I curse him for getting me addicted to RPG's, the only type of games I enjoy!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 08:20

ahhh, and that is quite the story

good to see another D&D'er especially one from the fairer sex

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 08:28

I tend to become semi-obsessed with things. Study them, learn as much as I can, then my brainstorming kicks in and I start creating hehe. I write poetry obsessively also lol. Mythology is really a big area of mine, I find it really really fascinating.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 09:11

you do certainly seem to have tapped the higher planes of imagination, I'll grant you that ....

lemme guess, you have many maps and campaigns for D&D already planned, either already on paper, or in your head?? :)

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 09:13

That may be the understatement of the century. Dozens of new creatures, epic tales, new classes/races (playable). New planes to wonder arround in, and I lost count of how many maps I drew up (and subsequently lost). :) I wont even start on spells, npc's, or alternate realities!

I am sure people don't want to hear about me though :embarrased: , so please pm me if you have any other questions. Hehe would not want to get the mods angry at me :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 09:40

maybe if one of them could move this to the campfire it would not be so bad ;)

i also have many maps and ideas floating around, but my d&d days are about 15 years or more behind me, and time doesn't allow like it did in those days :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 09:46

As are mine. Still, D&D is very infulential in the fantasy genre. While it borrowed things from many sources, it was one of the first to collect them together in one place. That is why it became so popular. Show me one MMORPG that is fantasy based that is not innfluenced by it. It would have no dwarf (or like), no elf (or similar), or pretty much any of the many items commonly associated to rpg.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 05 Sep 2006, 09:52

indeed, it is a true cornerstone, and as you say, it is so not because it "created" all the races etc, etc, but it codified them

EDIT:

as an aside, i have sent Ethric a pm to move this to the Campfire section as it is not really Heroes V specific, but he has since gone offline, so if any mod sees this, can it be moved?

Thread Moved. GC

and maybe Mytical .... can you edit the name of the thread, since we seem to have gone a bit off topic??

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 12:10

Well it is moved hehe. Glad too, I am very shy (I know you can not tell sometimes). When I get riled up about something I tend to forget my shyness. Anyhow, you know a lot about me, but I know little of you. Is your screen name your 'real' name? :) Not asking your real name hehe, if not I am just curious as to how you came up with it if not.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Sep 2006, 15:19

Check out the Our True Looksand Photo threads if you want to know more about stefandoturlus and my plan to swim over to Kangooro land to take over his life...

And you do know it´s actualy spelled Mythical, right? [size=0]not that i care about spelling errors all that much, don´t tell Blue Eyes.[/size]
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 16:15

What is spelled Mythical? Not my name that is for sure :) It is pronounced My tie cal :) (Mytical) was never meant to be Mythical but Mystical :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 16:44

Mytical302 wrote:My tie cal
Mai tai cal?Sounds japanese to me :devious:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Sep 2006, 18:47

Btw since this is 'random thoughts' I thought I would post a poem I once wrote that was always meant to be a song (but since I have no musical talent ....). So far it is untitled, and there are some abreviations that you'll have to know :). FL (Female Lead), ML (Male Lead), MO (Male's Other then ML), FO (Females other then lead). Hope you get as good a laugh out of it as I did once I came to my senses. Was right after I heard 'promiscous' :). PS, the grammar police would shoot me for this.

FL- To many people don't know the score, trying to get with me on the dance floor.
ML - Looking like that I'll give it all I got, all I ask girl is just one shot.
FL - Ha! You ain't got what it takes in ya, come back again when ya begin ta.

Both (Chorus) - The night is hot, but she's hotter still, we wont stop till we get our fill. The place is packed, but all eyes are on her, everything else just seems to blur. The guys want her, and some of the ladies do too, but they'll all be left sitting before she is through.

ML - Look at you dance this place should be on fire, you dance so hot and full of desire.
FL - I just came to dance not to get busy, so sit on down you're looking kind of dizzy
ML - Hold up, it's not like that girl, I just want to dance come on and give it a whirl.

Repeat chorus.

FL - Your looking kinda weak and you've yet to dance, what makes you think you deserve the chance?
ML - I get weak just watching you do your thing, but I think you'll like what I can bring.
FL - If you can keep up your get your shot, come on guy show me what ya got.

Choruse but with differences....
MO - The night is hot, but she's hotter still
FO - she won't stop till she gets her fill
Both Leads - They all try to keep up but they don't have a chance.
FL - This little girl was born to dance
MO - All the guys want her
FO - and some of the ladies do too
Both Leads - But they'll all be done WAY before she's through.
(END)

Like I said it was right after hearing the song promiscous and I thought it would be funny.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 19:03

It reads very nice.And let me link you to another forum member that enjoys poetry.Although,a very different kind of poetry :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Sep 2006, 01:31

And you do know it´s actualy spelled Mythical, right? not that i care about spelling errors all that much, don´t tell Blue Eyes.
nice one TT .... didn't see the sig?? :D

well, Mytical, to answer some of your questions .... it is my real name, stefan will do .... married, 2 kids, one on the way (not sure i've mentioned that before here), 30 years old and as TT pointed out my pic is floating around somewhere in the True Images thread .... but if you care it can be reproduced since it is probably many pages back

i have also posted many other pics in the photo thread ... plus it a pretty cool thread to check out in any case

the campfire is the place to be

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Sep 2006, 02:59

stefan.urlus wrote:married, 2 kids, one on the way (not sure i've mentioned that before here)
No you did not.Congrats on that one too!You sure are doing your part in the race against the chinese :devious:

Return to “Campfire”