Might or Magic?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Might or Magic?

Unread postby Cyrox » 01 Sep 2006, 14:40

Which build do you guys feel is more powerful?
Now Im more of a magic-orientated person. When playing magic orientated towns like Dungeon, Necropolis and Academy I tend to choose 2 spell schools, sorcery, enlightenment(to raise their already high spellpower further), and luck.
Because they have rather good spellpower, they do quite abit of havoc with their spells.
I fare very well using the magic combo vs the comp but I wonder if it actually works in multiplayer games?
Where u tend to rely more on your hero rather than your troops. (In this case, teleport assault is out because you have to sacrifice your hero's turn to give another unit turn)

Like I can imagine one scenario whereby the player uses Jhora and keeps counterspelling your spells.

Then I realised that magic towns like Dungeon and Academy can be really good might towns at the same time. They've got teleport assault, which makes the unit turns come fast. Add in leadership, and you've got a really fast army. Then throw in skills like Attack or Defence and maybe a spell school for support.

Hence the dilemma. Vs the comp, everything works fine. But against players? What do you guys think?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 01 Sep 2006, 15:19

Perfer Might myself but I dont play much against human players (I tend to take things slow so most zergers would have me out before I could do much). Yet even when the computer was 'cheating' I always tended to beat it in time. My favorite is Sylvan, Haven seems a little too easy.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Sep 2006, 15:26

Depends on the race actually.Though a warlock is an excelent magic slinger,ranger is not.But TP can be quite good for warlock.Though you may wreack havoc with that empowered meteor shower,tossing your hydras in their ranks can be even more devastating.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 01 Sep 2006, 15:52

I don't think that one is clearly better than the other (a good thing). It all depends on the map.

In my experience, maps are usually geared towards either might heros or a magic heros.

A balanced approach (a hero strong in both might and magic) can be very powerful, but it requires a long game on a large map.

name
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby name » 01 Sep 2006, 16:45

Mayhap this is just my opinion and Im way off base, but I feel might is under represented this go-around. Id like to see the return of 2 hero types to each town, and maybe a few more might oriented skills. I just feel like everytime I play, I MUST have atleast one school of magic. In HoMM3 I could play as barbarian and not get a single magic skill and be happy about it, yet it seems almost foolish to pass up a magic skill now.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 01 Sep 2006, 21:02

well it depends, i do think that one ;agic school is very apreciable, if it wasn t for those mass slow, confusion , etc, a knight could really pass light magic... now a wizard, given the wickness of his creatures can t, nad that s the beauty of it, he is forced to go magic, and he get one HUGE talent to go with it ( mark of the wizard ... )

Return to “Heroes V-VI”