I can't paste a mod in the data folder

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

I can't paste a mod in the data folder

Unread postby Mirez » 28 Aug 2006, 20:19

well I downloaded some mod since I just hate the looks of treans and gargoly's or whatever they are called
but I can't paste them in a data folder

it also appears I have 2 data folders data1 and data2

the elrath mod manager is acting strange when I press download I get the open with rar or save to disc screen it doesn't matter what I do that screen keeps popping up without doing anything

pleaze frigging help me

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Aug 2006, 02:57

I believe you are confused by the download screen for the ModManager (available for download on the main menu) which will give you a handy tool for activating and deactivating mods. To get the individual mods, you should go to the forums and enter the Game Modifications subforum. There are download links there.

BTW: Is .pak a recognized filetype on your system? (E.g. you installed WinRAR)

And also, you might have better luck asking for Elrath support over at Elrath. But always happy to be of assistance. If this thread gets closed, I'll see you over there. At this point I can't say why you have data1 amd data2.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Aug 2006, 16:25

yes the download screen that's fucked up and I dunno bout winrar but I just want those mods don't want that mod manager if it isn't neccesary because the text document says: To use, place the ClericMod.pak file in your H5/data folder, or use Elrath's mod manager

and if I drag/paste it in the folder it say's the folder is an only read file you can put new stuff on this editable cd-rom but will replace the files
(my windows ain't english so it's hard to transelate)

from mod FAQ: To extract the Mods/.PAK files from a .ZIP or .RAR compressed file, you need a program like WinRAR or WinZip.

I have winzip...

update

I changed the name treants.pak into treants.zip so I've unzipped it but what to do now I still can't put them in the data folder, and I still don't know what data folder I need to put in it data 1 or data2 ?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Aug 2006, 04:33

To have your OS recognize PAK files, open any folder and go to Tools>Options. On the File Types tab, look for PAK. If it's not there, click New and enter PAK in the File Descriptor blank.

I have no idea about data1 and data2. Best advice is check the creation date in Properties and go with the newer one.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 31 Aug 2006, 15:55

well I don't think that's the point since I can open them with winzip anyway what I wanna know is why I can't paste them I'll see if I get the fuckers to work

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Aug 2006, 21:22

OK, bub, you're on your own.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 01 Sep 2006, 17:29

haloswift wrote:and if I drag/paste it in the folder it say's the folder is an only read file you can put new stuff on this editable cd-rom but will replace the files
It seems like you are trying to paste it onto the CD itself. You should be putting it in the installat directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\...)

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Sep 2006, 13:18

mmm figures I might drag it to the wrong folder since I 1/2 installed it on the :C disc and the game runs on the :D disc I'll test it out :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”