1.2 cheats: newest command

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 11 Aug 2006, 14:26

Here is some more information about how @GiveHeroSkill works:

1) You can give any number and combination of second and third level skills without pre-requisites provided that you have at least 1 level in the primary skill.

2) You cannot give the hero a secondary skill if the hero does not yet have the primary skill (i.e. can't add Pathfinding if the hero does not have logistics).

3) Once all of the primary slots have been filled (6 skills), you can no longer give any new skills, regardless of the level of the primary skills.

Please note that all of this was tested using the primary hero.

Edit: I have verfied that you cannot give third level skills without having at least one level of the primary.
Last edited by Ketzal on 14 Aug 2006, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 11 Aug 2006, 18:16

this is all correct, except that for some reason, I could no longer add any secondary skills (regardless of primary) once I started the ranger campaign.

very strange.

I wonder if somehow one of the mods I'm running interferes with it? doesn't really make sense, but it's all i can think of.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 11 Aug 2006, 18:21

Do you mean at the start of the Sylvan campaign? I actually tested all this at the start of that campaign...

Do you have any empty primary skill slots?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 11 Aug 2006, 23:29

Do you have any empty primary skill slots?
hmm, maybe that was it; there were secondary slots free, but no primaries.

I do recall the first time i used it that it worked just fine, but that was with a hero that didn't already have all the primary skill slots filled.

is that the reason? seems strange you wouldn't be able to add secondary skills once the primary slots are filled, since you can add abilities beyond the normal range anyway.

I'll try it on a noob hero and see what happens.

Edit:

You are correct, Sir! Tested and confirmed. if all primary skill slots are filled, you can't add any secondary skills. If they are not, you can. simple as that. somehow i missed that last bit in your previous post. must be all the late night gaming sessions :p

thanks

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 31 Aug 2006, 12:31

I've been trying to get Zehir to learn attack and archery...I'm almost down with part four of his quest and learned everything but. I used the @ cariant to give him attack but I can't seem to get it to work for archery and when I level up it just keeps giving me tactics or battle frenzy both of which I do not want. Can anyone help with this? Acording to the guide the code is as follows @GiveHeroSkill("Zehir", 35);

It's not working.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 31 Aug 2006, 15:43

but what exactly do you have to type I mean I've tried those @ cheats a lot but none of the work
so what exactly do you have to type when you want to give Sandro 1000 exp ? and don't gimme that ((#),1/0,#) kinda crap

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 31 Aug 2006, 21:50

Note about the @cheat commands. Please keep in mind they are case sensitive. So if you see a capital letter in the cheat it must be capitol when you input it, that goes for lower case also. Just thought I would make sure everybody was aware of this. At least that is the way I have always found it to be, maybe other players have different experiences for whatever reason.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 31 Aug 2006, 23:45

I can get them all to work except for the skill one, I could give him attack, but I can't get him to learn archery, even though he has 3 empty slots, can anyone help?

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 01 Sep 2006, 15:14

Snook the Mighty wrote:I can get them all to work except for the skill one, I could give him attack, but I can't get him to learn archery, even though he has 3 empty slots, can anyone help?
It's not the secondary slots that matter, it's the primary slots. Do you have all six skill slots filled in? If so, you will not be able to add any more skills.

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 02 Sep 2006, 03:55

I have all the skills I want, and have attack too, expert in fact and all the secondarys for attack are empty, but when I level up it only offers tactics and battle frenzy and all I want is archery.

I was hopeing to use the code to give it to me but the archery one doesn't work

Reuel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Reuel » 02 Sep 2006, 22:27

Does anyone know if there's a save game editor for HoMM5? That would allow us to directly edit our heros to get the skills we want on level up.

That would be easier than all this "the console doesn't work!!" stuff.

Reuel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Or

Unread postby Reuel » 03 Sep 2006, 17:45

Cool...I just figured out that the @ commands can add every single skill and ability. The catch is only the first 5 are visible in the hero's details.

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 08 Sep 2006, 10:49

I've tried and I've tried and I've tried and I cannot get the main magic dude from the last campaign ( I think his name is Zehir ) to learn archery, without archery he can't get his ultimate skill. I know about the cheats and I can get most of them to work, but not the skill one. I got it to work to teach him attack but that's it.

Can anyone ehlp me out by trying this out and seeing if they can get him to learn archery and if so how?

Thanks

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 08 Sep 2006, 11:44

Snook the Mighty wrote:I've tried and I've tried and I've tried and I cannot get the main magic dude from the last campaign ( I think his name is Zehir ) to learn archery, without archery he can't get his ultimate skill. I know about the cheats and I can get most of them to work, but not the skill one. I got it to work to teach him attack but that's it.
Unfortunately you can only add abilities as long as there is at least one free skill slot. I.e. when you gave Zehir the attack skill, you most likely filled the last remaining skill slot.
The only solution I can think of is adding the ultimate skill before you add the attack skill. It's possible to add abilities although their requirements aren't met.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 08 Sep 2006, 13:28

joerginger wrote:It's possible to add abilities although their requirements aren't met.
Secondary requirements do not need to be present, but the primary skill must. In other words, you can add tripple balista without baslista as long as you have at least one level in war machines.

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 08 Sep 2006, 23:59

I gave him expert attack and all 3 of his secondarys in that skill are free, but he just won't learn attack, when he levels it gives me the choice of frenzy and tactics. What I need is archery but I can't seem to get the cheat code to work for it.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 11 Sep 2006, 15:00

Snook the Mighty wrote:I gave him expert attack and all 3 of his secondarys in that skill are free, but he just won't learn attack, when he levels it gives me the choice of frenzy and tactics. What I need is archery but I can't seem to get the cheat code to work for it.
What primary skills do you have?

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 11 Sep 2006, 23:04

Enlightment, Summoning Magic, Sorcery, Attack, Luck

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 12 Sep 2006, 02:51

Snook the Mighty wrote:Enlightment, Summoning Magic, Sorcery, Attack, Luck
That's the problem. Once all of your primary skill slots are occupied, you can no longer add any new skills.

Snook the Mighty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snook the Mighty » 13 Sep 2006, 00:04

Yeah but archery is a secondary of attack, or does it not matter as far as the program is concerned

Return to “Heroes V-VI”