The Single Player [Demo]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 11 Aug 2006, 00:08

I find it very hard getting a non-lagging experience, and I meet the recommended system requirements. Well, it's not very much lag, but it still lags a bit. Also on low settings.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Aug 2006, 06:35

I dont know how,but the autodetect set my settings on high(2,8 GHz,1 GB ram,FX5500).Anyhow,the first time it went smoothly,though the second time it had some choppings(probably because of all of the programs I started :D ).The alt-tab is crap,so I wont try that ever again.Aside from that I have no complaints(well,throwing boxes could be adjusted,because its almost like throwing balloons).I love setting those orcs on fire,or freezing them.And shooting flaming arrows is marvelous!Graphics is excelent.Though its not HL2,remember that this one is just a demo.Also,its not thief :( when it comes to stealth and arrows,but its very close.I had a bug when I split an orc in half though(two orcs appeared),but again,its just a demo.Head bobbing is a great feature.Feels so much more realistic.And I dont think those are all of the skills because mana and health go just to 100 here(it seems to small),and some of the promised features are missing.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Aug 2006, 10:03

well my comp specs are pretty reasonable so i hope not to have those issues

Personoic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Personoic » 19 Aug 2006, 06:48

It was hella choppy for me until I set texture quality to Medium. Then it was pretty smooth.

About the demo itself, combat is a bit iffy. Kicking is a overpowered. It's too easy to just kick enemies off a cliff or into spikes. Maybe not always successful against enemies with lots of life?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Aug 2006, 02:18

sounds easy, but then kicking someone onto a spike is likely to do significant damage, just like kicking them off a cliff .... i think the fact that you can do this at all is just the most marvelous news i have heard all week, i am really starting to look forward to this game, it seems like the previews are positive and, god help me, it looks like Arkane might be able to pull off a solid and stable launch title .... i certainly hope so anyway
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Aug 2006, 09:00

Personoic wrote: About the demo itself, combat is a bit iffy. Kicking is a overpowered. It's too easy to just kick enemies off a cliff or into spikes. Maybe not always successful against enemies with lots of life?
Considering that those knights in the begining only stagger while orc mostly flied away when kicked,Im guessing it depends on the enemy itself.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Aug 2006, 16:55

Like their armor? If, it seems pretty logcal that big can men cant fly away when you kick em in their nuts or stomach :D

BTW, does the enemies and your armor get scratched and damaged over time in a hot battle? Have only seen blood spotted on the body armor from the screenies. Is it like, if you hack an enemy in their chest armor with an axe, the will be a huge deep dent in it? A feature i really miss in action, shooter and fantasy game, not needed but cool and adds some to the realism.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Aug 2006, 17:45

I didnt hit a lot of shields,so I really cant say.But considering that shields have HP,I think that they get cracks in them.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Aug 2006, 01:07

now that sounds cool as well - cracked shields, bashed breastplates .... and a few holes in the back from the spiked wall - just my kind of game
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Sep 2006, 00:11

Did anybody else have a problem with the demo crashing? It crashed once when I changed some settings and then worked fine the next time I changed them. It also crashed right as the fight with the Cyclops was about to occur.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Sep 2006, 00:29

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Did anybody else have a problem with the demo crashing? It crashed once when I changed some settings and then worked fine the next time I changed them. It also crashed right as the fight with the Cyclops was about to occur.
That fight was never to occur.You just get the cutscene and the demo ends.Some people did say that the demo crashes after that.I personally had no crashes myself(but I didnt play it that much).

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 25 Sep 2006, 16:15

Yesterday I played for first time the DM and these are my opinions:

-The enviroment and how u can use it is GREAT!
-The dark atmosphere that has is prety good.
-The graphicks are GREAT! But that causes me lag, and
I don't saw any option to make them lower(i hope the full
version will have it or I must change pc)!!
-The game is 95% action game, smth that it was expected
but I would prefer more rpg elements.

Finally I find it a very good and "unique"(due the real enviroment) game
that worth it to play all action/fantasy funs.
But the question is one:
Should a game like that call it a part of Might and Magic universe?
I din't see anything that connected it with the MnM universe. :disagree:
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Sep 2006, 16:39

Lord13 wrote: But the question is one:
Should a game like that call it a part of Might and Magic universe?
I din't see anything that connected it with the MnM universe. :disagree:
To be honest,nothing connects HV with the old M&M universe(except for a few dumb easter eggs),so its fine by me.Besides,loads of games got M&M title and didnt deserve it(crussaders anyone?)

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 25 Sep 2006, 19:52

To be honest,nothing connects HV with the old M&M universe(except for a few dumb easter eggs),so its fine by me.Besides,loads of games got M&M title and didnt deserve it(crussaders anyone?)[/quote]

Yeap, you have right to that. Heroes V has nothing to do with
previous parts(even the awful heroes 4 was closer to MnM),
DM has nothing to continue from previous parts too...
So, as a fun of the MnM universe I must accept that the story
ends on MnM8(9 sucks) and on Heroes3. Sad but true :(

p.s.-Only MnM tribute keeps the hope on, but damn we have to
w8 so long to enjoy it!!
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Return to “Might and Magic”