Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 29 Jul 2006, 05:36

sprite is still one of the best level 1's, they don't need any improvement
always luck on leprechauns... well, it's irrelevant
elves are not hard to get... not that they are useful though... extra damage doesn't help it
griffin has enough hp tx
hm why would you kill feary dragon?
interesting with the dwarf, sure impossible to do, however

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 29 Jul 2006, 14:03

Le_Faucheur wrote:nature:
sprite:attacks on 3 cases (I think sprites became the weakest level 1 unit since equilibris)
leprechaun:always lucky,immune against misluck
elf:damages 3-5 (it's a lot,but in another way,they are hard to get,so they should be powerful...)
satyr:always good morale,immune against sorrow
griffin:100 HP
faerie dragon:random harmful spells(like the beholder)
I like the immuity for leprechaun and satyr. The rest are okay. In fact, I might suggest upping the wolves speed a little instead.
Le_Faucheur wrote:Dwarve can repair a mechanical unit(1 HP per dwarf)I think it would be a spell.
magi:cast dispel when attacking(or cancellation or steal enchantment)
For Magi this is a game-breaker (not good for a lvl2).
Dwarves in an army improve golem and dragon golems? Cool.
Le_Faucheur wrote:life:
angel:increase morale of friendly units by 1(I also thought about hability to cast on theirself a sanctuary which would last one turn,but I think it would be very powerful)
champion:attack:26,defense:26,increase damage against dragons(faerie,black,bone and mega,don't know if it should work against dragon golem,because it isn't a true dragon)

Nerf the Angel - don't help it anymore!
Le_Faucheur wrote:death:
venom spawn:immune against poison
Good one.
Le_Faucheur wrote: chaos:
rogue:poisonous attack(0.5 damages per rogue)
pirate:no boarding/unboarding penalty,can move further on sea
Rogue is fine as a stealthy helper
I like the Pirate idea
Le_Faucheur wrote:strenght:
cyclop:can stun(in melee)
Like the old paralyze in HOMM 1-2? Cool, but I need to see the beam out of it's eyes! And it should be blind.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 31 Jul 2006, 14:28

I have much difficulties to play with sprites in expert mode,because the ennemies use the wait button too.

for the cyclop it's because he hits the ennemies with a stone.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 05 Aug 2006, 16:27

Maybe equi can't do it/don't want do it, but:
How about all attacks of players? now it like that: 1 vs. 1 but my idea is: 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 2 or whatever. it's can to be cool when all players/colors are attacking self. and that can be fun. but too bad about you can't to join. :( but if it will be so awesome! ;) never say that, but 1 year without stop play HeroesIV. :D Just think what so wrong with that? that's fine, no?
Black Dragon...

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 06 Aug 2006, 19:37

not possible:the 3rd player can't play until the 2 others finish the battle.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 09 Aug 2006, 20:49

Le_Faucheur wrote:not possible:the 3rd player can't play until the 2 others finish the battle.
So if you have a team, and the team is attacking enemy so it ask me if i want to join to the combat, and it ask the enemy team too. :D I like it because if you have not a town and you attack so the team is helps you! ;) btw, why my team can't give me rescores? for example if he (team) need gold so they give me (let's say) ore, and i will give them gold. on III it work here it's not, it can be really good! ;)
Black Dragon...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 10 Aug 2006, 10:43

BDragon wrote:
Le_Faucheur wrote:not possible:the 3rd player can't play until the 2 others finish the battle.
So if you have a team, and the team is attacking enemy so it ask me if i want to join to the combat, and it ask the enemy team too. :D I like it because if you have not a town and you attack so the team is helps you! ;) btw, why my team can't give me rescores? for example if he (team) need gold so they give me (let's say) ore, and i will give them gold. on III it work here it's not, it can be really good! ;)
If I remember right, you need to visit an adventure object called "Trading Post".
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 10 Aug 2006, 12:27

Ok, that mean i or the team need go to this object? cool, but on III it's easer than IV, so equi new work. on every town you can buy "Trading Post" else the team is get lose. :( lol ;)
Black Dragon...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 10 Aug 2006, 19:23

BDragon wrote: Ok, that mean i or the team need go to this object? cool, but on III it's easer than IV, so equi new work. on every town you can buy "Trading Post" else the team is get lose. :( lol ;)
Then the adventure object would become useless.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 10 Aug 2006, 22:15

Sauron wrote:Then the adventure object would become useless.
But anyway, the team don't go to the object, and thy can't give you. i try it. and if i want give the so i use on clicks: Game menu->Trade on that way you don't need the object, and you have there button that can chaneg rescores. Market, something like that. ;)
Black Dragon...

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 12 Aug 2006, 17:57

BDragon wrote:btw, why my team can't give me rescores? for example if he (team) need gold so they give me (let's say) ore, and i will give them gold. on III it work here it's not, it can be really good! ;)
use the trade option under the Game Menu which is that little flag

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 12 Aug 2006, 19:00

So i know how i give them, but how they give me?! (the team) :|
Black Dragon...

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 12 Aug 2006, 22:17

BDragon wrote:So i know how i give them, but how they give me?! (the team) :|
if you're refering to to AI players, they can't give you resources, and the AI couldn't give you resources in hero's 3 either, it's a limitation of the AI, if you're refering to exchanging one resource for another use the marketplace option also under the game menu

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Aug 2006, 12:47

rhomboidspace wrote:if you're refering to to AI players, they can't give you resources, and the AI couldn't give you resources in hero's 3 either, it's a limitation of the AI, if you're refering to exchanging one resource for another use the marketplace option also under the game menu
False. AI (in H3) sent me resources few times and told what would they like to get.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 13 Aug 2006, 14:08

But at least they give you something! :devious: In III they give and say you if they need something, but they didn't take from you! and my idea was if in IV it will be too, so with yuo all i understand nothing happens. :cry:
Black Dragon...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Aug 2006, 19:29

Tweaking AI is very, very hard so the chance that H4 gets it is: 0.01%

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 14 Aug 2006, 15:56

Sauron wrote:Tweaking AI is very, very hard so the chance that H4 gets it is: 0.01%
There is a high chance that AI will receive minor tweaking. And vice versa, there is a low chance that AI will receive major tweaking.

2 BDragon (Mod note)
Try to avoid overquoting in future.
AND! You don't need to reply this post. :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 14 Aug 2006, 16:13

what about adding charge ability to some creatures? (I mean white tigers, nomads, nightmares andmaybe griffins) - they attack with running into enemy, so the charge isn't bad idea, is it?

and next - give to the pikemen some kind of "anti charge" ability - charged units will recieve much more damage running into a wall of long pikes
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 16 Aug 2006, 00:58

you mentioned that you were putting in invisible barriers, is there any chacne of us also getting imvisible quest gates, It'd be nice to have invisible gates so we can put in spots that allow players to go one-way but not back with out the players knowing before, invisible teleporters would also be nice for things like that, a player steps on a spot and suddenly ends up under ground, whoops pit trap. things like these would be great for RPG maps but could be used in basically any kind of map

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 16 Aug 2006, 09:13

Yeah, I've already asked about an invisible quest gate. Didn't get any response on the latest details though (page 16 of this thread).

A small request: Decrease movement script. There is an Increase movement, so I don't see how this could be a big problem.

And: Could all those posts suggesting changes in creatures' stats or abilities be moved to another thread? At least, could someone start a new thread for this where all future suggestions could be posted? I think they're sort of clogging this thread, and it would be a better idead to collect them all at one place.
edit: Yes, Sauron, very. :butterfly: :tsup:
Last edited by eekstah on 16 Aug 2006, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Equilibris”