Ok Ubisoft u've really ^%$*@ me off but i love

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Ok Ubisoft u've really ^%$*@ me off but i love

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 08 Aug 2006, 22:11

"Ok Ubisoft u've really p*%$*d me off but i love"..... that you have made it possible to remove troops that i dont want to use from the battle field, I also love the Mini map, the ATB and the replayability of the game. What about everyone else? No "buts" please. I have learnt that if you are told something with a "but" in the sentence, it usually means "Ignore everything said before the word "but", now here is what i really think". So please, apart from my own post discussing the word, could you please not mention "but" at all. Oh yea, "However" and "although" are also not acceptable. They are both just transition words from good news to bads news or vice versa.
Last edited by GrowlingDog on 09 Aug 2006, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Ok Ubisoft u've really ^%$*@ me off but i love

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Aug 2006, 22:42

GrowlingDog wrote:"Ok Ubisoft u've really p^%$*d me off but i love" that you hav made it possible to remove troops that i dont want to use from the battle field, I also love the Mini map, the ATB and the replayability of the game. What about everyone else?
Okay, I'll agree with you on the "remove troops" thingy & the Mini Map & ATB … honestly, the "replayabability" will only kick in when the Map Editor is released.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Aug 2006, 23:25

Yeah, but that was so for Heroes 4 as well - and with many other games. Though this case is rather extreme (very few maps), I am confident that all the fans out there will make lots of great maps, increasing replayability hundredfold. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 08 Aug 2006, 23:58

Hey come one Kalah, you said "b*t", your out of the game. in the words of "Q", "This game will be most..... unfair", Hodge Podge, you just got cunning and used "honestly" instead of bu..... ooops. I mean your still in the game ok. I can find things that Ubisoft has done wrong, needs to improve or needs to change in pretty much every post here. This is the 1 post for the good things, ok.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 09 Aug 2006, 00:48

Things I love:

1. New speed & init system.
2. Hero skill & ability system
3. Spell system and specializations for factions
4. Hero specializations

There are probably lots of other things but those are the things that I didn't see posted already that I love about the new game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Aug 2006, 03:36

Uuu...Messa like love threads :D

Ok Ubisoft u've really ^%$*@ me off but i love the new initiative system,the town points,the skill system,battle dive,and(sorry,I simply must use "but")succubus' but :devil:

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 09 Aug 2006, 20:27

I love
:D Warlocks and Assassins and Furies and Grim Raiders
:-D Init system
:) What the game provokes fans do, like Aurelian's SkillWheel and the approved manual
:tired: Campaigns 1-4 plots and cutscenes and Agrael´s voice in spanish ;)
and the camera movement
and the grail renamed tear of Asha
Morior, ergo sum

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Aug 2006, 20:36

I love the new tactics system. It really is great being able to decide not only where your armies should go, but which ones you want to use at all, and whether to split them or not as the need arises.

it was the one major thing the previous Homm's lacked; always had to bring along a "squire" to swap troops around with.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Aug 2006, 20:39

I am confident that all the fans out there will make lots of great maps, increasing replayability hundredfold.
oh yeah. most of the user made maps and campaigns for HommIV I found more enjoyable than the original campaigns.

I expect that to be all the moreso here, as I didn't find the campaigns all that stimulating storywise (though some of the maps required some unique strategies to win).

give it about another 6 months, and I expect there will be some fantastic user maps, custom artifacts, mods, etc.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Aug 2006, 20:57

Sir_Toejam wrote: it was the one major thing the previous Homm's lacked; always had to bring along a "squire" to swap troops around with.
Not in HIV ;)
Lady Farquad wrote:Agrael´s voice in spanish ;)
Hows that sound anyway?I rarely find synhronization to other language satisfying.Usually the master language sounds the best,except for a few exceptions(I forgot where I encountered them,though).

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 09 Aug 2006, 21:05

I played spanish version of Dungeon keeper 2, and it beats original one (english) tenfold.... (even tho i dont understand spanish, voice was great :P )

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Aug 2006, 21:13

Not in HIV
maybe my memory is failing, but i don't recall having tactics where you could remove or split armies while on the tactics screen in h4. let alone being able to do this without having to take tactics as a skill.

sure, you could remove armies BEFORE a battle, but not during the tactics phase.

gives a whole dimension to the game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Aug 2006, 21:27

Sir_Toejam wrote:
Not in HIV
maybe my memory is failing, but i don't recall having tactics where you could remove or split armies while on the tactics screen in h4. let alone being able to do this without having to take tactics as a skill.

sure, you could remove armies BEFORE a battle, but not during the tactics phase.

gives a whole dimension to the game.
True,but you didnt need to tag a squire along to take the troops :devious:

And yes,this is a nice feature,bu :shh:

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 10 Aug 2006, 08:34

hmmm do I missed something ? Is there a way to split or group creatures stacks during the tactic battle phase ?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Aug 2006, 09:40

TomVenom wrote:hmmm do I missed something ? Is there a way to split or group creatures stacks during the tactic battle phase ?
Yes,you can split them,or leave the ones you want preserved out of the combat.If you want to split them,just use the shift,and drag the creature into an empty slot of those 7 below the BF.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Aug 2006, 11:24

The tactic phase is a really neat innovation. This removes another frustrating problem from H3 where if you didnt want some of your creatures in your army to be slaughtered in battle, you had to have a babysitter hero, takin care of the creatures you didnt want to lose. Now we dont need that, now we can just add and remove those we are afraid to lose in the tactic phase.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 10 Aug 2006, 16:38

DaemianLucifer wrote:Hows that sound anyway?I rarely find synhronization to other language satisfying.Usually the master language sounds the best,except for a few exceptions(I forgot where I encountered them,though).
It's hard to put on words. It's like the hints we had he was no demon, his voice is that of an erudit... And with the accent of mother Spain, wich makes it richer.

I always go for the original languages, even written stuff. But this time they got the best choice in spanish. (I hate Isabel blabling though)

PS Now Im a Galactic Gargle Blaster... Mazeltov
(I guess) :proud:

EDIT: now Im not. Now You see it Now you don't :(
Morior, ergo sum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Aug 2006, 18:34

Lady Farquad wrote:I hate Isabel blabling though
Shes awful in english too.

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 11 Aug 2006, 08:03

DaemianLucifer wrote:
TomVenom wrote:hmmm do I missed something ? Is there a way to split or group creatures stacks during the tactic battle phase ?
Yes,you can split them,or leave the ones you want preserved out of the combat.If you want to split them,just use the shift,and drag the creature into an empty slot of those 7 below the BF.
ok thank you very much.
I knew the ability to leave some stacks apart from the fight. But I never tried the Shift Key with the empty slots.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 12 Aug 2006, 05:56

There is more value to the 'Squire' than keeping troops out of battles. (Note: in Heroes IV, you could just split off the unneeded troops.)

The second hero ( A ) allows you to have more than 7 types to choose from, ( B ) saves you having to use up battlefield slots for armies held out, ( C ) allows your main hero to concentrate moves on combat encounters while the squire picks up loot and flags mines, ( D ) allows you to train up the squire so that you can afford to send the main hero back for new spells when they are available.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”