the "new" maps

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 12:10

Actually, it's a very good thing that buyers of the "normal" edition can play these two maps already present in the collector edition.

Stop crying about your 10 $ or 10 € or 10 £ ... those who bought CE received a better box, with the previous Homm games (I don't remember if they get a better game manual).

I paid for the full game , it's a good thing I can play two 'new' maps. Thanx UBI.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 01 Aug 2006, 12:31

TomVenom wrote:Actually, it's a very good thing that buyers of the "normal" edition can play these two maps already present in the collector edition.

Stop crying about your 10 $ or 10 € or 10 £ ... those who bought CE received a better box, with the previous Homm games (I don't remember if they get a better game manual).
Though this is right and i appreciate that, the CE and/or 1.2 owners (at least they thought so) were promised 2 "new" maps too.... so their (and my) dissapointment is only natural!

I do not feel frauded paying more for the CE cause the artwork of the package is great but I can't see any of the shipped maps anymore (played them too often and they ain't the best made maps in the history of HOMM either)....

....w.h.e.r.e. i.s. t.h.e. g.o.d.d.a.m.n. e.d.i.t.o.r.?????!!!!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 12:34

omegaweix wrote:
....w.h.e.r.e. i.s. t.h.e. g.o.d.d.a.m.n. e.d.i.t.o.r.?????!!!!

"Je plussoie" , it means ------> +1 :D

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 01 Aug 2006, 13:17

TomVenom wrote: "Je plussoie" , it means ------> +1 :D

Errr..... pardon? I don't get it 8|
plastic people

silicone

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 01 Aug 2006, 13:28

Kalah wrote:Well, this isn't good, is it... It seems a variety of forums all have disappointed members dissing Ubi over this.

I think they definitely need to rebuild their confidence by doing something very good. Like releasing several new maps - perhaps test maps they have built to test the editor? That'd be nice.
I think UBI / Nival needs to get some PR people that actually know what they're doing and can anticipate things like this.

For example I don't have much of a problem with them giving the CE maps away but I would have like to have been told what was going on so I could have set my expectations properly ....

It's almost like UBI's PR moves are TRYING to alienate some of HoMM's most loyal fans.

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 13:31

omegaweix wrote:
TomVenom wrote: "Je plussoie" , it means ------> +1 :D

Errr..... pardon? I don't get it 8|

arggh, sorry , I'm incomprehensible.

I mean "I'm ULTRA ok with you" :D
By the name of the gods, where is that fuc*ing editor !!!!!!! Arggggggghhhhh !!! :D

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Aug 2006, 13:36

I know where it is, its in their offices for testing and such, I know you and many others want that editor, I would like it soon too, but it dosent help to whine and beg for it to the extreme! What if the editor is half completed now, would you want it now anyway? Im sure we can arrange that. Start a freaking petition then :rolleyes:

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 13:44

Orfinn wrote:I know where it is, its in their offices for testing and such, I know you and many others want that editor, I would like it soon too, but it dosent help to whine and beg for it to the extreme! What if the editor is half completed now, would you want it now anyway? Im sure we can arrange that. Start a freaking petition then :rolleyes:
you re right.

(I personaly am a software developer and I know all constraints about writing any software, bugs reporting, correcting, ... /me talking about his exciting life :D )

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 01 Aug 2006, 13:50

Alamar wrote: I think UBI / Nival needs to get some PR people that actually know what they're doing and can anticipate things like this.

For example I don't have much of a problem with them giving the CE maps away but I would have like to have been told what was going on so I could have set my expectations properly ....

It's almost like UBI's PR moves are TRYING to alienate some of HoMM's most loyal fans.
Totally agree!

And....

...why didn't they take any of those "hidden" maps, implement the A.I. and give them out?... Nival made the game, the maps and everything else... they shouldn't be too challenged getting this done in the time that has elapsed between the annoumcment and the map-shipment !

And now...sending 2 already "finished" maps took them over a month?
What a....hrrnn... busy, hard working company :no:
TomVenom wrote: arggh, sorry , I'm incomprehensible.

I mean "I'm ULTRA ok with you" smile_teeth
By the name of the gods, where is that fuc*ing editor !!!!!!! Arggggggghhhhh !!! smile_teeth
Oh, ok!
We could start a "where-is-it" choir or something :D :(
plastic people

silicone

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 01 Aug 2006, 16:10

These aren't even real new maps ??
Well another joke that's not funny.

Damn, the game sold well, they got ltheir money, WORK on the game's support for gods sake.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 01 Aug 2006, 20:58

According to Community Manager Acheval here (sorry, I don't remember how to llink directly to a post), she realizes this isn't right either and is looking into the matter.

Sure is nice having someone looking out for us. Just hope she can get this screwup fixed.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Aug 2006, 00:58

This confirms my original thought that the 'bonus' maps were coming from somewhere outside the product development group. My guess is that the request for two additional maps took the developers by surprise and the extra work never got factored into the schedule. So when they finally realized they had to come up with some maps, they went with whatever was on hand.

Since they obviously have 8 more unreleased maps that are pretty much ready to go, it should have been easy to come up two new ones. Somebody just goofed. (Incidentally, the upcoming maps are mainly multiplayer, mainly very big, and mainly very good.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Aug 2006, 05:23

that's just super caradoc, but does nothing to appease the people eagerly awaiting the new maps who suddenly realised they already had them .... it just points the finger at the ubi part of the ubival relationship

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 02 Aug 2006, 11:36

Well if no expaination or attempt to solve the problem is good enough lets just all lay down on the floor and throw a good old terrible 2's temper tantrum then, eh? :cry: That would certainly help.

GOW

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 02 Aug 2006, 14:09

LordErtz wrote:Heroes of Might & Magic® V: New Multiplayer Maps for Selected Users
Enjoy!

- The Heroes of Might and Magic V Team
I just got the maps via email.
The Heroes of Might and Magic V Team just makes me wanna puke!

:vomit:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Aug 2006, 15:19

What I really wonder is if there are guys like veldrynus that can make an excelent huge map in just 2 months,with that being just their hobby,how cannot a team of people make 2 decent maps in a month when its their job?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2006, 15:32

Well, I'd think the guys have lots of other things to do. A guy like any of us - having this thing as a hobby - can dedicate a lot of time exclusively to mapmaking; which is the reason why the best fanmade maps are usually of much higher quality than the ones coming with the game.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Aug 2006, 15:45

So why didnt they made a contest,and took the five best map makers to exlusively do maps for them?Even I can design a decent map within a week when theres no special story in it,and I dont posses some awesome skills at all.

jaq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jaq » 02 Aug 2006, 16:53

DaemianLucifer wrote:So why didnt they made a contest,and took the five best map makers to exlusively do maps for them?
Well, there's no editor yet :-] It's problem of chicken and egg.
Isn't HV dark elven history Polish-driven?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2006, 18:49

Sure. You do need a proper editor if "anyone" is going to make a map. Now, the editor for H4 is very good indeed, and just look at how many maps and campaigns there are out there...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”