mods for 1.2????

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Marine OKeefe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Marine OKeefe » 30 Jul 2006, 09:14

Then exracted files take precedence over .paks no matter the date? hmmm...
"Praised be Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour"
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful"

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Jul 2006, 16:29

LordErtz wrote:
Caradoc wrote:
LordErtz wrote: Because that didntwork for everybody, including me.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe if you could tell exactly what you have done and what the result has been, someone might see what's going wrong. Have you checked to see what program you have associated with PAK files?
The ones that don't turn into PAK files and work have files inside so I just extracted to the data folder and they work.

Problem with that is they aren't recognizable by the mod manager

I have a few PAK mods installed and are recognized, but others like the sev mod and the new inventory/battle mods aren't but they work if you extract the files to the folder.

Not to belabor this, but what do you mean when you say they don't turn into PAK files? Seems to me that if you rename FILE.ZIP to FILE.PAK, you have a PAK file. Is your rename failing?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 30 Jul 2006, 18:40

yes, this action fails for many people.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Jul 2006, 06:21

LordErtz wrote:yes, this action fails for many people.
Do you get an error message? Does this happen with ordinary ZIP files?

Try this: Open any folder and go to the Tools>Folder Options menu. Look at the File Types tab and see if PAK is on the list. If not, ADD it and see if that helps.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 31 Jul 2006, 08:41

when I read what happens to most of people renaming their files, I just think about the option in Explorer hiding file extensions for known file types.

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to rename the file extension of a file which is "known" by explorer. In this case, you have to disable the option "hide file extensions for known file types" in Explorer.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 31 Jul 2006, 12:01

Once I had a mod which increased the size of neutral creatures ("normal" sized stacks on eayse mode, "hard" sized stacks on normal and so on...)
but after 1.2 it plays dead.

Does anone know if (and possibly where) i could find an updated version of this one?

Some help on this would be very nice, thanks.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Return to “Heroes V-VI”