Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 25 Jul 2006, 00:16

Hmm I thought everybody understood this but alright I'll tell ya :p

"Games you're awaiting/waiting for" means games that have been announced :p

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Jul 2006, 04:53

ThunderTitan wrote:Vice city was more of an expansion to 3. But whatever.
ummm .... no it wasn't

GTA III was set in liberty city - which was a take off of NYC and set in the present day (2001)

Vice City was set in .... well .... Vice City - which was a take off of miami, and set in the 80's (it's billed as a kind-of-prequel to GTA III)

but there you go

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jul 2006, 10:46

stefan.urlus wrote: ummm .... no it wasn't

GTA III was set in liberty city - which was a take off of NYC and set in the present day (2001)

Vice City was set in .... well .... Vice City - which was a take off of miami, and set in the 80's (it's billed as a kind-of-prequel to GTA III)

but there you go
It doesnt matter where it is set.What matters is the engine and gameplay.And those were taken from GTA III which makes vice city just an expansion.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2006, 11:40

This guys consider San Adreas part of 3?! 8| WTF?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Thef ... 8series%29
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 01:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:
stefan.urlus wrote: ummm .... no it wasn't

but there you go
It doesnt matter where it is set.What matters is the engine and gameplay.And those were taken from GTA III which makes vice city just an expansion.
of course it doesn't .... the storyline matters - it cannot be an expansion cause it doesn't tie-in storyline wise - there are some cross-over characters but that's about it!! there are many games that use the same engines and are not even close to being related .... think source anyone?? and just because HV plays like H3 does that make it an expansion?? or a sequel??

I couldn't be bothered reading that article TT, but if he does then he is a fool

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2006, 11:42

Vice City is an expansion because they basicaly took the game and moded it. And Dl already included gameplay besides engine, he did forget it being the same game with a different story.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jul 2006, 11:54

stefan.urlus wrote: of course it doesn't .... the storyline matters - it cannot be an expansion cause it doesn't tie-in storyline wise - there are some cross-over characters but that's about it!! there are many games that use the same engines and are not even close to being related .... think source anyone?? and just because HV plays like H3 does that make it an expansion?? or a sequel??
Then why are the SoU and HotU considered NWN expansions and not NWN2?No,its mostly gameplay and engine,not the story,nor the universe.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 27 Jul 2006, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 27 Jul 2006, 13:49

Doesn`t developers/publishers state is the game just expnashion or new game?

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 27 Jul 2006, 20:18

ThunderTitan wrote:This guys consider San Adreas part of 3?! 8| WTF?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Thef ... 8series%29
Of course it is. ;) First there was the original Grand Theft Auto, which featured Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. GTA III took Liberty City into the 3rd dimension, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas did the same for the other two 'original' GTA cities.

A new setting could be expected for GTA IV, unless it will be just a 3D version of GTA's expansion London 1969. I certainly wouldn't mind such a game, after all London is much closer to home than any US city and I've actually been there several times. Driving on the 'wrong' side of the road will still be problematic, of course...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Jul 2006, 01:38

you people are all crazy - except meandor who hit the nail right on the head!!!

take two/rockstar have them as separate games not expansions, end of story

thank you, goodbye

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2006, 12:34

Really?! Then why are they working on GTA 4?!
Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) is the eleventh, upcoming installment of the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise, announced to be released by Rockstar Games on October 16, 2007 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 [1].

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 28 Jul 2006, 16:16

ThunderTitan wrote:Really?! Then why are they working on GTA 4?!
Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) is the eleventh, upcoming installment of the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise, announced to be released by Rockstar Games on October 16, 2007 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 [1].
You know Final Fantasy? There is FF1, FF2, FF3... FF10. Then there is FF11 which is mmorpg, FFX-2 which is direct sequel to FF10 and again it goes FF12, FF13. There is also many others spinoffs. So if we count in X-2 then new game should be called FF14 not FF13. But damn it`s a bit different so it`s not counted in, while mmorpg which is another genre is counted in main series.
My point- publishers and developers do whatever they want with their games. Ubisoft/Nival can modd H5 and release it as a H6. Warlords battlecry is good example, all three games run on same engine and don`t differ at all, they just add more stuff and thats all, yet they name their games WBC, WBC2, WBC3. And as i heard from rumors Warlords 5 probably will be modified Warlords 4.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2006, 21:11

Well you quoted the wrong post, because that one prety much says the same thing.

Rockstar considers Vice City and San Andreas as part of 3.

And all FF's have different engines and happen on a different world.

And based on these:
http://www.infinite-interactive.com/wbc ... 102_01.jpg
http://www.infinite-interactive.com/wbc ... reens4.gif
I'm gonna go ahead and think that the engine gets an upgrade with every new game.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 28 Jul 2006, 23:17

I can't wait for Splinter Cell: Double Agent to come out. The first 3 in the series were amazing, and the 4th looks like it'll be even better..

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 28 Jul 2006, 23:42

dallasmavs41 wrote:I can't wait for Splinter Cell: Double Agent to come out. The first 3 in the series were amazing, and the 4th looks like it'll be even better..
Heh, I got all three but have only played the first one to the china mission. Became hard by then. But perhaps it's just not my genre. Died alot of times on that blasted CIA HQ mission.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 01:51

Really?! Then why are they working on GTA 4?!
because they like to register multiple names for their upcoming GTA releases, and there has yet to be a GTA actually called GTA IV, but that doesn't violate the fact that vc and sa are in actual fact not expansions for GTA III, hence they are games in their own rights

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 29 Jul 2006, 03:12

I await Fallout3 and NWN 2.

But... But.... But...

I *****Can't***** wait for the HOMM5 Map Editor. Seriously.

This is the "game" I await the most :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 03:51

hehehe .... i think you are not alone there Daxtreme .... and as i stated in another thread, i just really hope this is more of a Map Editor version 1.1, then a Map Editor version 1.0 or 1.2 :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jul 2006, 16:13

A new one just came to my list.Lets hope this UFO will be as good as the first one.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 18:02

You know Final Fantasy? There is FF1, FF2, FF3... FF10. Then there is FF11 which is mmorpg, FFX-2 which is direct sequel to FF10 and again it goes FF12, FF13. There is also many others spinoffs. So if we count in X-2 then new game should be called FF14 not FF13. But damn it`s a bit different so it`s not counted in, while mmorpg which is another genre is counted in main series.
My point- publishers and developers do whatever they want with their games. Ubisoft/Nival can modd H5 and release it as a H6. Warlords battlecry is good example, all three games run on same engine and don`t differ at all, they just add more stuff and thats all, yet they name their games WBC, WBC2, WBC3. And as i heard from rumors Warlords 5 probably will be modified Warlords 4.
No wonder some (like me) get confused 8|

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”