1.2 cheats: newest command

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Curio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

1.2 cheats: newest command

Unread postby Curio » 27 Jul 2006, 02:22

Here's the latest update on the cheats issue, post 1.2.

As everyone knows by now, the non-@ commands no longer work, removed because they were usable in multiplayer, while the @ commands were never usable in multiplayer. We all know the add_****s commands now no longer work for single player.

Again, the @ commands still work. If you can't bring up the console, you have to re-edit the autoexec.cfg file--when I applied the patch, the changed was removed. Put in the same line, and save.

Someone asked me if there is an equivalent to add_skills #, because that was the only thing the @s didn't seem to have an equivalent for.

I was just about to tell him the bad news, when I found the code!

@GiveHeroSkill("Name", #);

The #s are the same as documented in the cheats guide online. HOWEVER, this needs to be tested by ppl, as I'm on a different version investigating claims that someone is post 1.2 and still using add_whatever. Long story.

Anyhow, as a result, I'm not sure it works with normal 1.2 version folks. It really should, but there's always a chance. Go try it, and please notify me about the result, either by replying here, or through a PM! :)

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 27 Jul 2006, 03:23

I saw your post on another forum and the giveheroskill cheat does work. I've tested it :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: 1.2 cheats: newest command

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jul 2006, 03:54

Curio wrote:
Again, the @ commands still work. If you can't bring up the console, you have to re-edit the autoexec.cfg file--when I applied the patch, the changed was removed. Put in the same line, and save.

Someone asked me if there is an equivalent to add_skills #, because that was the only thing the @s didn't seem to have an equivalent for.

I was just about to tell him the bad news, when I found the code!

@GiveHeroSkill("Name", #);

:)
Thank you so much Curio! So do I understand this to mean that when the 1.2 patch is applied, it erases the password which was put into the autoexec.cfg file? and that line needs to be put back in after installing the patch?

And then, now instead of using the add_skill # command, we can use the @GiveHeroSkill("HeroName", Skill#)

Oh man, this is fantastic! I haven't installed the 1.2 Patch because it disabled the add_skill Cheat Code; which I considered the most important of all the codes. Now I can install the patch and choose my favorite skills.

Thank you! You've made my day. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 27 Jul 2006, 05:07

Stupid game-creators again :(

It should be chosable at least, whether cheats can be used in multiplayer. They are very helpful to speed up games.

Btw, where are the cheats like 'win combat" and "unlimited movement points". It is really needed, very helpful for maptesting.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 05:42

unlimited movement points are not there but you can keep adding points by using

@ChangeHeroStat("Hero Name",STAT_MOVE_POINT,5000);

the only thing is, im not at home so i can't recall whether it is STAT_MOVE_POINT or STAT_MOVE_POINTS, and you need the list of hero names, as they do not all correspond to the actual name of the hero (yep, how weird)

many thanks curio, you are a pioneer

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jul 2006, 06:27

stefan.urlus wrote: unlimited movement points are not there but you can keep adding points by using

@ChangeHeroStat("Hero Name",STAT_MOVE_POINT,5000);

the only thing is, im not at home so i can't recall whether it is STAT_MOVE_POINT or STAT_MOVE_POINTS, and you need the list of hero names, as they do not all correspond to the actual name of the hero (yep, how weird)
You can use the movement code with this syntax:

@ChangeHeroStat("HeroName", 7, 999)

With 7 being the specific number of the movement stat & 999 being the amount of movement points you desire your hero to have.

Note: this command only fills your Hero's movement points to his or her current movement points … not more or unlimited. Still, this really helps … better than nothing.
stefan.urlus wrote: many thanks curio, you are a pioneer
Ditto! :)

EDIT: Correction … Changed Movement Point # to 7.
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Jul 2006, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 07:21

yeah, forgot that you can use the number of the stat name as well - cheers hodgepodge

Curio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Curio » 27 Jul 2006, 07:25

Thanks for the kind words, guys! :tsup:

I'm glad to hear it works--the guide will be updated shortly with the new command! :)

EDIT: (Oh, BTW, yes Hodgepodge, pasting the stuff again into the file will enable the console to be opened again. Happy gaming! :hoo:)

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 27 Jul 2006, 09:48

HodgePodge wrote:You can use the movement code with this syntax:

@ChangeHeroStat("HeroName", 8, 999)

With 8 being the specific number of the movement stat & 999 being the amount of movement points you desire your hero to have.
Move points are # 7; # 8 is the mana points. ;)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jul 2006, 16:43

joerginger wrote: Move points are # 7; # 8 is the mana points. ;)
Oops! … :embarrased: Thanks … :-D

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 27 Jul 2006, 20:28

Is there an @ command for EXP??

Curio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Curio » 27 Jul 2006, 23:51

Sure is, LordErtz:

@ChangeHeroStat("Name", STAT_EXPERIENCE, #);

or,

@ChangeHeroStat("Name", 0, #);

It's under Miscellaneous Modifications. The # is up to you to ADD how much, as is the hero name.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 28 Jul 2006, 00:33

Curio wrote:Sure is, LordErtz:

@ChangeHeroStat("Name", STAT_EXPERIENCE, #);

or,

@ChangeHeroStat("Name", 0, #);

It's under Miscellaneous Modifications. The # is up to you to ADD how much, as is the hero name.

Thanks! Add_exp xxx was alot easier haha.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Jul 2006, 01:33

certainly was, but at least you can still use it if you wish

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Re: 1.2 cheats: newest command

Unread postby LindaG » 02 Aug 2006, 12:25

Curio wrote:Here's the latest update on the cheats issue, post 1.2.

As everyone knows by now, the non-@ commands no longer work, removed because they were usable in multiplayer, while the @ commands were never usable in multiplayer. We all know the add_****s commands now no longer work for single player.

Can you please explain to me again, how to bring up this *console* everyone knows about? I tried to find the post that explains it, but I failed.
:/

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 02 Aug 2006, 12:41

csarmi wrote:Stupid game-creators again :(

It should be chosable at least, whether cheats can be used in multiplayer. They are very helpful to speed up games.
What would be the point of chosable multiplayer cheats? Those that would cheat, would choose it anyway.

Smart game-creators again. :-)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 02 Aug 2006, 13:52

hmm. I found some interesting anomalies using the add skill command.

it works perfectly for my primary hero, but if i hire a secondary hero, I'm only able to add base skills, not secondary skills.

example, i can add logistics and pathfinding to my primary hero, but only logistics to the secondary.

strange.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 02 Aug 2006, 20:10

Sir_Toejam wrote:hmm. I found some interesting anomalies using the add skill command.

it works perfectly for my primary hero, but if i hire a secondary hero, I'm only able to add base skills, not secondary skills.

example, i can add logistics and pathfinding to my primary hero, but only logistics to the secondary.

strange.
How does one add these commands though? I don't understand how to bring up this *console* that was mentioned before. :|

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 03 Aug 2006, 09:41

LindaG wrote:How does one add these commands though? I don't understand how to bring up this *console* that was mentioned before. :|
You can find everything you need to know about the console commands here:

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml

Quote from the first page:

"To enable the console in-game, you'll first have to edit your autoexec.cfg file, found in your game directory > profiles (open it with Wordpad or something).

Paste this as the last line, after the line mainmenu:

setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes
Now you'll be able to access the console by pressing the tilde ( ` ) key within the game (likely above your Tab button).

If you do not have a tilde key, or the tilde key does not appear to function for you, you'll have to edit your input.cfg file, found in your game directory > profiles default_profile. Open input.cfg with Wordpad, and search for the term show_console. Further along the line, you will see '`'. Change the keystroke enclosed within the single quotes to another key you can use. Save and exit. "

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 03 Aug 2006, 11:37

joerginger wrote:
LindaG wrote:How does one add these commands though? I don't understand how to bring up this *console* that was mentioned before. :|
You can find everything you need to know about the console commands here:

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml
Thank you. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”