Patch 1.2 problems

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 24 Jul 2006, 21:26

An update about the compatibility of mods with this and upcoming patches:
Mods work if the modified files are newer than those that come with the patch(es). So, either every author should update his mod, or a tool has to be devised to do this automatically. I'm for the second option but cannot do it. Kudos to the first to do it :)
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Jul 2006, 06:17

theGryphon wrote:An update about the compatibility of mods with this and upcoming patches:
Mods work if the modified files are newer than those that come with the patch(es). So, either every author should update his mod, or a tool has to be devised to do this automatically. I'm for the second option but cannot do it. Kudos to the first to do it :)
Yeah that sound logical, hope someone could fix this mod-patch conflicts for future patches and expansions. Plenty creds to they who can do it :)

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 27 Jul 2006, 09:51

I'm playing with the french version of the game.
With Patch 1.2, I have not anymore the current Damage Points estimation for the destructive spells... Quite boring, isnt it ? :disagree:

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 27 Jul 2006, 11:58

TomVenom wrote:I'm playing with the french version of the game.
With Patch 1.2, I have not anymore the current Damage Points estimation for the destructive spells... Quite boring, isnt it ? :disagree:
The same thing is with the polish version. :mad:
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Kei
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kei » 29 Jul 2006, 12:43

Edit: Problem solved, nothing more to see here
Last edited by Kei on 03 Aug 2006, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 13:45

With Patch 1.2, I have not anymore the current Damage Points estimation for the destructive spells... Quite boring, isnt it ?
What? 8| As far as I tested 1.2 for some time ago, the descriptions for spells were much improved and full dmg estimation (not enopugh for me keeping the patch). Im really surprised too see so wide array of problems with each regions versions of the game some have one problem, while other have that + another while some have none at all. Also hardware , software and other complications makes the web of problems even worse :S

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 29 Jul 2006, 15:18

Haha we made their mods incompetable with the 1.2 patch
Don't blame Nival. It's the way the Heroes resource system works, and it's what allows the mods to run to begin with. Patches are themselves installed in the same fashion as mods, and newer files override older ones. It's simple.

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 30 Jul 2006, 09:42

Orfinn wrote:
With Patch 1.2, I have not anymore the current Damage Points estimation for the destructive spells... Quite boring, isnt it ?
What? 8| As far as I tested 1.2 for some time ago, the descriptions for spells were much improved and full dmg estimation (not enopugh for me keeping the patch). Im really surprised too see so wide array of problems with each regions versions of the game some have one problem, while other have that + another while some have none at all. Also hardware , software and other complications makes the web of problems even worse :S
yep ...
take a look at that :

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jul 2006, 13:32

Yeah I surely miss the H4 spell descriptions compared to that one...

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 12:53

Another strange thing happens sometime with the daemons. AI uses their 'explosion' ability whereas they are still in the starting blocks with no enemy melee unit in contact.

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 01 Aug 2006, 12:54

Orfinn wrote:Yeah I surely miss the H4 spell descriptions compared to that one...

(never played H4, and I don't remember how it was under H3)

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 01 Aug 2006, 18:41

H4 actually told a story using the spell in addition to its affects.

"...and on the seventh day, God said "LET THERE BE CHAIN LIGHTNING". And it was good."

Or something. :P

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 01 Aug 2006, 23:56

well, based on other developers with first time releases (Troika comes to mind), Nival is actually doing pretty well. Progress is being made in reasonable time.

I agree with the idea of hotfixes; some fixes are easy and could be released as stand alone fixes.

overall, I'm very pleased with the look of the game, having played every HoMM that has ever been made, all the expansions, and even the fan made mods like equilibrus, this is the most gorgeous HoMM yet, IMO.

the map items and layout are quite beautiful, even with low texture settings and no antialiasing (playing on a laptop :p ). The animations are excellent, along with the unique random camera zooms during combat.

I'm seriously hoping Nival sticks with it and polishes it up a bit, and improves the performance issues on large and extra large dual level maps.

yeah, load times on very big dual level maps are like 3-4 minutes for me, and it takes about 2-3 minutes to fully unload the game when I quit to desktop.

I imagine the game would load and run smoother with at least a gig of ram, but c'mon, that's really just Nival being a bit inefficient with the way it handles caching map resources.

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 03 Aug 2006, 06:52

I have found only one problem after installing 1.2 : Sylvan campagin, map 5, after around 3 months Teal computers turn lasts forever, my computer dont block, i can normaly scroll/rotate map, view underground etc. I tried playing other maps, some longer than 5-6 months but they all work normaly.

Also beta Treant and Cleric mods work ok for me after 1.2...
-System of a down-

Return to “Heroes V-VI”