Patch 1.2 problems

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jomunga
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 problems

Unread postby jomunga » 23 Jul 2006, 23:05

Well I don't know if it is just me, but has anyone else experienced some major delays after the 1.2 upgrade?

Like longer load and saving times, temporary halts to the game, skipped frames, etc.

It seems something when wrong with my patch.

Any help on how to fix this?

I am on the european version and running some mods as well. Do mods clash with the patch at all?

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 23 Jul 2006, 23:42

My game runs slower too. Even the adventure map runs slower than 1.1 for some odd reason.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 24 Jul 2006, 00:18

I haven't noticed my adventure map running slower BUT loading a game takes about an extra 5 seconds where my screen stays totally black before video is loaded.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 24 Jul 2006, 00:31

The problems that I noticed:

- None of the fan-made mods works!
- Save and load times are longer; it takes some while to return to the game.
- The ATB bar changes faster than it should. It was better after 1.1.
- The intro movie skips frames and sound.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 24 Jul 2006, 01:06

Shouldn't be easier to click on adventure map and moving as well? Sometimes have to click 3 times to finally hero moves.

I personally blame the unicorn.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 24 Jul 2006, 01:11

Nebs wrote:Shouldn't be easier to click on adventure map and moving as well? Sometimes have to click 3 times to finally hero moves.

I personally blame the unicorn.

I don't think it's the unicorn, I think its the slowdown of the game on the adventure map. You have to pause now on your double clicks :(

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Jul 2006, 01:58

yet another confirmation that i will work with version 1.1 for even longer

imnotdanny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby imnotdanny » 24 Jul 2006, 02:29

ya... seems like it takes up more system resource,

everytime i load, the screen always stays black for a few secs before anything appears (didn't happen before)

and also, exiting to desktop takes a lot longer...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Jul 2006, 02:36

Couple 'bugs'. I was fighting the enemy wizard who was frenzying my units to good effect. Then he started frenzying his own djinn who attacke his own units. Bug.

Also, I seem to only get gems from the resource windmill now. That one I'm not so sure is a bug.

I do not have slowdown on the map or quitting or anything like that. There is a black screen pause when loading game...might go back to 1.1.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Jul 2006, 03:05

I do not have slowdown on the map or quitting or anything like that. There is a black screen pause when loading game...might go back to 1.1.
seems to be a fairly common solution phoenix .... shameful isn't it?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 06:49

Im so agree with this, I consider reinstalling the game and yet again apply the 1.1 patch and some mods.......

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 24 Jul 2006, 07:23

Things I've noticed. My game runs smoother :D.
All text based mods don't work, Golden Dragon mod works (and all graphic also)
In mine Polish-Czech Limited Edition they didn't do the spellbook Update so there is no detail like in english ver. so I had to download the english text paks LOL
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 24 Jul 2006, 08:21

PhoenixReborn wrote:Couple 'bugs'. I was fighting the enemy wizard who was frenzying my units to good effect. Then he started frenzying his own djinn who attacke his own units. Bug.
I've had this happening in 1.1 also.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 24 Jul 2006, 11:00

LordErtz wrote:My game runs slower too. Even the adventure map runs slower than 1.1 for some odd reason.
Funny, better performance was the only improvement for me with 1.2!
Now i can widely zoom out (and even play) with a very flat camera angle without stuttering (Athlon 2800+, 1024mb ram, Geforce 6600GT btw) !

But as i mentioned in several other threads before, in all other scopes patch 1.2 turned to be a nightmare for me (my last rant on this, promised!):

*corrupted battle cinemtaic viewpoints

*instead of enhanced spell descriptions, NO spell descr. at all (eu/german version)

*number of creatures in dwellings say the exact opposite (.eg. 9 of 9 hired when i actually bought nothing) (also eu/ger version only)

*sometimes the number of creatures in battle somehow "float away" from the creature itself.... making exact targeting very tricky up to impossible

*some texts are still (or due the patch) lacking (e.g. banshee howl, blacksmith)

*my mod(s) aren't working anymore!

*not a bug maybe, but ATB bar worked uberfine with 1.1.... now it's a mix of inconveniences and erratic behaviour!

Really, last time i was so angry with Ubi/Nival was when i realized that the editor won't ship with the game.... but this drama now comes pretty close!

There's one word i want to bring our dearest developers in mind: "HOTFIX" ???!!!

edit: some layout corrections
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 24 Jul 2006, 16:42

There was definately a performance hit with the latest patch. It's kind of wierd, but this was my experience:

First game I played was just a custom game (Island of One's Own - or whatever it's called). I'm not sure if I did something funky here (i.e. too much ALT-TABing or something) but I noticed the textures were frequently low quality - like what it does when you are not near an area (or in some games, zoomed out real far) to save on resources, and then they get sharp and detailed when you get close. It's like they were not updating quick enough. After awhile, the textures dropped out completely. City view and the background of creature "stat pages" were textureless. I think I reloaded and it was fixed after that. But I quit soon afterwards because it was so laggy and not worth playing.

After that though, it hasn't been as bad. I played a few more custom games and while it is still laggy (or laggier than 1.1 at least), I am not experiencing all the texture issues I did before.

But hey, I am just happy I can load from inside battles now :)

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Jul 2006, 17:27

AH another brilliant patch gone awry by the worlds laziest developers :-D How surprising....

So the mods don't work anymore....Maybe THAT'S why my game hung up all the time. It's possible that it was my beta Treants that caused the game to crash.

Anyway, somebody must go and burn down Nivals office to the official forums and tell them that mods aren't working anymore.
Actually I can't believe how this could happen! I want to think that it's just a mistake but I got a feeling that Nival made the mods incompatible with v.1.2 because of the copyright issues with the Warhammer Treant.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Jul 2006, 17:33

Still bugs and all there are some improvements too.

Hero specialties working properly and town bonuses.

Vampires don't drain life from undead.

I'm sure there's more.

Although I didn't think so before, now, I think that Nival should release hotfixes. I get the feeling the 'community' might do better with Nival if we were posting in russian on the nival forums. I don't think Ubisoft has much to do with it.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jul 2006, 17:40

Campaigner wrote:AH another brilliant patch gone awry by the worlds laziest developers :-D How surprising....

So the mods don't work anymore....Maybe THAT'S why my game hung up all the time. It's possible that it was my beta Treants that caused the game to crash.

Anyway, somebody must go and burn down Nivals office to the official forums and tell them that mods aren't working anymore.
Actually I can't believe how this could happen! I want to think that it's just a mistake but I got a feeling that Nival made the mods incompatible with v.1.2 because of the copyright issues with the Warhammer Treant.
Hah not only that, they are afraid we can make it better than them, it stinks jealously long way from their offices :devious:

Wouldnt surprise me if they think like this, those &¤#¤%""#

"Haha we made their mods incompetable with the 1.2 patch, now we will really make the best 1.3 patch ever including editor and much other goodies including several other fixes like updated creature icons etc, so if they want to make maps they just have install patch 1.2 to use patch 1.3 with the editor, ergo no cool mods in exchange for our "great" map editor and other stuff, hihi :D "

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 24 Jul 2006, 18:04

Campaigner wrote:AH another brilliant patch gone awry by the worlds laziest developers :-D How surprising....

I'm inclined to think that mods are just not part of their plans. They represent a variable that the company can't control. They would need to know which mods really work, which are popular enough to warrant testing, etc. Most companies simply leave these issues to the modders.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 24 Jul 2006, 18:41

One bug that I've found since I loaded the 1.2 patch...I can no longer split my troops! If I try to split them in town it says I must leave atleast 1 creature with a hero...and if I try to do it when heroes meet, it just scrolls down to the artifacts screen. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I've never had trouble spliting troops before so..... :|

Return to “Heroes V-VI”