Unread postby Ethric » 20 Jul 2006, 21:22

Good idea there.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 22 Jul 2006, 14:57

Anyone know's how much the game and its 'Lord of Destruction' expansion would cost NOW?

BTW, there are some save files which I can't access it. I'm beginning to get worried. Can someone be kind enough to check it for me whether it's still functional? I will send it through MSN or e-mail to those who wish to help. Just paste it in the 'save' folder and run the game. If my character shows on the list, notify me. Thanks. :)
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 22 Jul 2006, 15:46

a55a55in wrote:Anyone know's how much the game and its 'Lord of Destruction' expansion would cost NOW?

BTW, there are some save files which I can't access it. I'm beginning to get worried. Can someone be kind enough to check it for me whether it's still functional? I will send it through MSN or e-mail to those who wish to help. Just paste it in the 'save' folder and run the game. If my character shows on the list, notify me. Thanks. :)
I'd be glad to check it out. Send the files to me at grumpyoldwizard@yahoo.com. Just put something in the subject field so I know its from you. I think each character has 4 files associated with him but all files aren't necessary, I think. The ".map" file for instance if I recall correctly just saves the current difficulty map for the character.
.d2s
.key
.ma0
.map

I don't think the LOD expansion price has gone down any but I could be wrong. It has remained popular so they had no reason to drop the price.

GOW

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 Jul 2006, 16:54

It should be about $20.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 22 Jul 2006, 23:12

Thanks guys ;)

I've been playing with my friend's CD for too long and I really need to get my own. Sadly t is hardly available over here. Are those Diablo II and Lord of Destruction CDs still sitting on those shelves?
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jul 2006, 23:58

Around here you can find both for about 25$. But the original is pretty hard to find. LoD goes for around 15$ i belive.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 23 Jul 2006, 23:30

Ahhhh the old diablo....
Back when i had a modem I used to play Diablo (I) a lot.
I found the Grizzly sword (something like that) once, which is the best sword in the game, but a damn PK (player killer) killed me and took all of my equipment... so sad!

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 24 Jul 2006, 01:43

Crusard wrote:I found the Grizzly sword (something like that) once, which is the best sword in the game, but a damn PK (player killer) killed me and took all of my equipment... so sad!
You probably mean the Grandfather I suppose, but no it wasn't the best sword in the game.. It was a simple magic sword, not unique or rare, but a simple magic sword. It had so insane bonuses to its speed and damage (... sword of ...) that it simply was the most expensive item in trading..

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Jul 2006, 01:45

i never quite got to the end of diablo I - my brother was a mad player and hogged it most of the time, but when II came out i had my own pc and went crazy with it and finished that many times

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 25 Jul 2006, 16:15

cornellian wrote:
Crusard wrote:I found the Grizzly sword (something like that) once, which is the best sword in the game, but a damn PK (player killer) killed me and took all of my equipment... so sad!
You probably mean the Grandfather I suppose, but no it wasn't the best sword in the game.. It was a simple magic sword, not unique or rare, but a simple magic sword. It had so insane bonuses to its speed and damage (... sword of ...) that it simply was the most expensive item in trading..
In my souvenirs, the best sword was a "vampiric" one, something like steal 5% health 5% mana, just couldn't get better. One of my favorites artifacts all-games ever.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Jul 2006, 16:19

I remember a long time ago, someone just gave me a Grandfather sword. I never got to use it though, because I lost my characters before reaching the appropriate level. Furthermore I think it was an illegal duplicate, because it seems strange someone would just give away a unique sword. Perhaps I am just too suspicious or untrusting, but it's rare someone acts that kind in an online game.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Jul 2006, 04:44

indeed it is - perhaps he wished you to use it and get soem other sweet loot and then was gonna kill ya for your other items?? :D

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 08 Aug 2006, 15:04

I Got bored of diablo II. Burn me. I started to play the game single player but when I got stuck I swiched to battle.net Half of the availible games were just rune trading things. Since I got the battle chest I also got Diablo I and that was hard in singleplayer and nobody plays it online any more so I sold diablo batlle chest for $30 in store credit at EB games

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 08 Aug 2006, 16:06

Onlinegames such as these can be really bad in MP but with a few nice people (preferably IRL friends) it can be fantastic! :-D

I can install Diablo and it's sequel if someone feels like playing.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Re: Diablo

Unread postby berntie » 11 Aug 2006, 01:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:When it came out it was quite a hit.And still is.And it has one of the best catch phrases("Ahh!Fresh meat!").
"I am sorry. Did I break your concentration?" :D

The original Diablo is among the greates games ever: I think it probably equals the atmosphere of Heroes II (which means, it can't get any better):
  • That town theme! Amazing!
  • The rest of the background music: just great!
  • The gothic church!
  • The perfectly designed monsters!
  • The catch phrases (see above)!
  • The excellent animations!
  • The overall graphics!
  • The addiction factor!
  • And so much more!
And that 10 second cut-scene before entering Lazarus' lair created more atmosphere than most end-of-game movies.

There were only two major problems with the game:

Piles of gold taking away too much space in the inventory, and you couldn't turn of friendly fire in MP.

Otherwise it was near perfect.
DaemianLucifer wrote:Although the second part could get a bit boring somewhere in the second act.
Agree.

In general, it lost much of the atmosphere. You only need to compare the Blood Knights in I against the Oblivion Knights in II: The Blood Knights were large creatures, dark and scary. The Oblivion Knights were ... well, better skeletons. Nothing to be scared of. I also very much preferred the item design in I.

The music also didn't reach the original (man, was that Tristram theme cool back then!).
DaemianLucifer wrote: But the animations in part 2 were just marvelous!
They had already been marvelous in part 1.
ThunderTitan wrote:Only played D2.
Big mistake.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 Aug 2006, 01:46

Campaigner wrote:Onlinegames such as these can be really bad in MP but with a few nice people (preferably IRL friends) it can be fantastic! :-D

I can install Diablo and it's sequel if someone feels like playing.
Well, I can't play Diablo right now for reasons that you know, but you may want to consider joining the Amazon Basin. I am not a member but I do visit their forums. They make games for members and don't allow cheating. You may want to check out their policies if you are interested in playing with other legit players on a regular basis.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/

GOW

Ironman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironman » 12 Oct 2006, 10:01

campaigner, I play and at the moment my freinds list is quite inactive. im quite busy on other days but i play every saturday. if you would care to meet on battle.net my acc is khaldur

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Oct 2006, 19:36

I try not to play it anymore because I tend to get addicted to RPG's very quickly. I remember after a particularly brutal set of finals one term all I did over break was play Neverwinter Nights, which seems like a really sad waste of time in retrospect.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 12 Oct 2006, 20:04

Diablo has a good gameplay, but I can hardly find uniques, and the graphics are Ewww! :disagree:

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Oct 2006, 22:13

Well, the game is a bit old, so that's expected for the graphics.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”