Diablo

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Diablo

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 12:03

When it came out it was quite a hit.And still is.And it has one of the best catch phrases("Ahh!Fresh meat!").Although the second part could get a bit boring somewhere in the second act.To repetative.Clear an area,return to town,sell items,go back,and again,and again,and again.And even though the monster combinations kept changing,they simply were too similar.But the animations in part 2 were just marvelous!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 15 Jul 2006, 12:17

The Diablo series is one of my all time favorites. I have played countless hours on battlenet and single player.

The 1.10 patch for D2 IMHO added a lot to the game, changing skills and introducing synergies and other changes I thought were good. With the large number of skills and classes the game is extremely replayable.

The 1.11 patch introduced the Ubers, a few rune words and bug fixes. Unfortunately the additions were not made available to single players.

I have pretty much forsaken battlenet these days but I still play single player. I use the red rune mod (changes all runes to red to make them easier to spot) and the rune word mod (which makes all rune words available in single player too.) I have considered using Pluggy, which would make the diablo clone and Pandemonium quests available in single player, but as of yet have not used it yet.

By the way, I have an enigma from self found runes in single player on my bonemancer. :)

My most advanced characters in single player since I have restarted are a blizard-firewall sorceress(uses Tal Rasha set), a bonemancer (with my only enigma), a whirlwind Imortal King barbarian, and a werebear. My next character is likely to be a zealot to run the Ubers in case I decide to use Pluggy or the Pandemonium quests are introduced into the single player game.

GOW

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Jul 2006, 14:11

What are you going to do, DL - start a thread for every game you've ever played? :)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 14:21

Corribus wrote:What are you going to do, DL - start a thread for every game you've ever played? :)
Nah,just the ones I find worthy.So Im not going to create a thread for sims(never held my attention long enough),far cry(utter crap),etc.Although dungeon keeper might be worth mentioning.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jul 2006, 16:42

Only played D2. On bnet too. But there's only so many time you can finish a game before it gets boring. And the whole Normal/Nm/Hell thing always annoyed me.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 15 Jul 2006, 18:39

I have the most l33t Zealer you can ever see.

I'm always checking my account to prevent him from disappearing.

Perfect, 80-30 CoA (2x 40-15'd)
Perfect 40-15'd Levy
Perfect Dungos
375 Eth DC Berserker Axe / 415 EBotdZ / 385 E Deathz (depends on who I fight)
1800 def Eth Exile with 1% away from perfect ED
Perfect Maras
6-6-3 CTA CS
Perfect Gores
59-20 rends
2x Perfect Bul'Kathos rings
20-18-10 anni
3x Pcombat Lifers GC
5x Pcombat GC
15x 3-20 SCs

and an enigma vs casters

I think I forgot an item... bah.

Mod edit: watch your mouth.

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 16 Jul 2006, 18:38

Ah lord or terror and its sequel :devil:

What more could I tell, but only that Heroes 3 is the only game that stole more of my lifetime than D2 :D

Played both parts on bnet. This ladder season I took a brake, but previous season I finished with my favourite Trapper Assassin on 144th place on Assa Ladder. I remember having full inventory of Trap+3x Life Charms :)

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 16 Jul 2006, 22:17

< Mod edit: watch your mouth. >

?

I don't even remember what I wrote 8|

I just stopped playing D2 because the ladder season is restarting and I don't wish to compete again to level up :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Jul 2006, 02:27

i think it was tongue in cheek daxtreme ... cause anyone whose only passingly familiar with Diablo could almost think you were swearing :D

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 17 Jul 2006, 13:32

Diablo... would never have stopped until everybody cheated on battle net...

Amongst the best choice of Monster & Artifacts of all games ever.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 17 Jul 2006, 13:49

djtc wrote:Diablo... would never have stopped until everybody cheated on battle net...

Have you tried D2 in single player mode? If find it to be quite enjoyable. There is a program called ATMA that makes single player muling easy so you can still do MF with a MF character to outfit your other characters. You can also trade with other single players.

You will find a single player forum here, http://diabloii.net/
as well as a single player trade forum if you are interested and not aware of the site. I prefer to find my own stuff and have not done any single player trading.

GOW

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 17 Jul 2006, 14:13

Ah the Diablo games sure have taken up time in my life :)
I've started from scratch I don't know how many times now. A year ago I had a lvl 60 might Druid with a powerful maul and some quite powerful equipment.

I'm prepared to play if anyone wants too. Though hardcore is a little too serious.

And I don't cheat my way through the game.

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 18 Jul 2006, 01:20

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
djtc wrote:Diablo... would never have stopped until everybody cheated on battle net...

Have you tried D2 in single player mode? If find it to be quite enjoyable. There is a program called ATMA that makes single player muling easy so you can still do MF with a MF character to outfit your other characters. You can also trade with other single players.

You will find a single player forum here, http://diabloii.net/
as well as a single player trade forum if you are interested and not aware of the site. I prefer to find my own stuff and have not done any single player trading.
GOW
Thanks for info, haven't tried it yet... But I will ;)

Looks nice.

There was really way too much cheating on B.net on the first episode, quite a bad souvenir... Remember PK with infinite Apocalypse spells in cities... sooo stupid.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Jul 2006, 01:20

i loved d2 .... my barbarian was oh so crazy at level 60, but it's been so long that I can't even remember what weapons he was using, or what cool gear he had!!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 Jul 2006, 01:39

The ATMA program for single player muling can be found here:

http://atma.diabloii.net/

GOW

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 18 Jul 2006, 02:02

I used to have a bunch of great BattleNet characters but I couldn't access my account for a few months, so I lost it all. Major drag...

On a side note, have any of you tried Titan Quest yet? It's quite good and plays just like Diablo with better graphics and a better skill system. Check it out if you get the chance.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Jul 2006, 02:26

I might just do that OD, any "new" diablo is a good thing IMO

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 Jul 2006, 05:12

Omega_Destroyer wrote:I used to have a bunch of great BattleNet characters but I couldn't access my account for a few months, so I lost it all. Major drag...

On a side note, have any of you tried Titan Quest yet? It's quite good and plays just like Diablo with better graphics and a better skill system. Check it out if you get the chance.
I picked it up this morning after reading some reviews, which were all positive.

There is a 5meg or so patch so I downloaded and installed it. I have had no problems so far.

The graphics are good and like you say it is in the diablo genere with what looks to be a better skill system. It also has more quests than diablo, similar to Sacred.

My character is a level 9 druid. I chose storm mastery at level 2 and ice shard is my main spell. When I hit level 8 I picked up nature mastery and a level 1 wolf and level 1 healing spell. I'm going to start working on lightning some in case I run into cold immunes.

I've only played single player so far but there is multiplayer, including chat and trade screens. There is no pvp, only coop play online. Having lots of fun so far.

GOW

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Jul 2006, 05:21

well that sounds like a glowing early endorsement, case becoming stronger, will have a look around

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jul 2006, 21:10

Here's an ideea: How about starting a Titan's Quest thread, and leave this one for Diablo talk?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”