Nival Answers: Part Trois

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jul 2006, 22:06

There is no life in both golems and undead.The closest thing they have to life is the inteligence of vampires and liches.Both undead and golems are infused in magic and thats what makes them tick.So neither death cloud,nor vampires life sucking should affect both undead and constructs.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2006, 11:16

But Golems are automatons powered by magic, while the undead aren't, they're bodies raised by necromancy.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jul 2006, 11:31

ThunderTitan wrote:But Golems are automatons powered by magic, while the undead aren't, they're bodies raised by necromancy.
Mindless undead(skeletons and zombies)are automatons as well.The only thing that they have that golems dont,is the self preservation(a golem order to stand still would stand still even if being slowly chizzled away,but the skeleton wouldnt),although that one is a bit grey,and mostly depends on the setting.

The magic creating golems and raising undead is just a little bit different.But as the creature being constructed/raised gets more complicated,so do the spells needed for its creation.So eventually a smart golem and a lich would have a lot of similar spells casted on them during their creation.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2006, 12:05

DaemianLucifer wrote: Mindless undead(skeletons and zombies)are automatons as well.The only thing that they have that golems dont,is the self preservation(a golem order to stand still would stand still even if being slowly chizzled away,but the skeleton wouldnt),although that one is a bit grey,and mostly depends on the setting.
No, automatons move because they're mechanical, all you would need is a powersource, the undead aren't, and probably need something akin to life force to walk.

Elementals might be more like what you want.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jul 2006, 13:18

Golems are not mechanical.They dont need cogs and gears.Just because some golems are made out of metal doesnt mean all of them are robots.Golems are just magically infuesed unanimate object.They dont even have to look human.And the original golem was certainly not a mechanical thing since it is made out of mud.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2006, 17:35

DaemianLucifer wrote:Golems are not mechanical.
Ahem:
Golems are mechanical statues that have been magically animated by the mages.
They are in Ashan.

Return to “News”