Patch 1.2 News

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Sikon » 06 Jul 2006, 05:45

Nival developer "jackill-mf", who has been collecting Russian localization errors to be corrected in the second patch, has <a href="/http://forums.ag.ru/?board=heroes5&acti ... 2">said</a> on the Heroic Corner forums that the 1.2 patch for Heroes V will be built on Friday.

It is unknown how much time it will take to actually release the patch, but at least we know that it is near.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1152164735

hein231
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby hein231 » 06 Jul 2006, 08:49

bah it's been exactly a month since the last patch was released i knew they would do this **** they released the first on the beggining of the month so they can work a whole 2 months on the next one

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Orfinn » 06 Jul 2006, 09:06

As long as it gets better than the last one, I wont complain.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 06 Jul 2006, 09:19

I'm glad they're using 2 months on it. far better than using 1 month on it.

Why do people forget why H4 was such a flop so quickly? Games need TIME.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Labyrinth » 06 Jul 2006, 09:23

Any more information what it's going to contain?
What the #$*! do we know?

morthi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby morthi » 06 Jul 2006, 10:14

but why tey said that they will release second patch in june ?

davhey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby davhey » 06 Jul 2006, 11:55

Sigh. If they rushed it and it wasn't up to snuff you would complain. If they take thier time to get it right you would complain. I swear, I have never seen more pissing and moaning from a player community. Most games release bugged, get one patch only and have no developer who will talk to the community. Show a little appreciation that they are trying at all!

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby LordErtz » 06 Jul 2006, 13:02

Guys, I bet you that no matter what, we still have 80% of that bugs list on the forums still there after the patch :(

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Kristo » 06 Jul 2006, 14:28

davhey wrote:Sigh. If they rushed it and it wasn't up to snuff you would complain. If they take thier time to get it right you would complain. I swear, I have never seen more pissing and moaning from a player community.
I have. It happened around the release of H4 too. It's just the nature of people. They want their perfect game and they want it yesterday. Best thing to do is just ignore it and let people vent.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Campaigner » 06 Jul 2006, 14:29

LordErtz: And Warmachines and Luck will still be what they were before....

I think that they won't fix the Empowered spells no-luck bug aswell as irresisteble magic still affecting your magic immune Black dragons.

davhey: The thing is that Fabrice said that they would keep to the schedule and they didn't. They break their word constantly.

Alais_Servius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Alais_Servius » 06 Jul 2006, 14:32

I fully agree with davhey and Lord_Haart. If it's something the Heroes community can, it is to complain. Nothing seems to be good enough for you guys!

Lord Haart:

"Why do people forget why H4 was such a flop so quickly?"

And to add: Why has everybody forgotten that if it weren't for Ubi and Nival, we could have ended up with a non-caring producer to make Heroes 5, or quite possibly, no producer at all?

Jeez... You can't possibly make a game perfect, because everyone is going to have their own little different version in their head on how the game should be. No matter what you do, there are some people who's going to like it, and there are some that won't.

People, stop beeing so negative! Your dragging my mood (and others, no doubt) down the drain

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Jul 2006, 18:19

Just because H4 was flawed at release, does that mean that one should think it fine and dandy for all future MM's to be flawed? I don't really think that's wise, games (in general) are rushed and unfinished enough at release today, yet people still buy them. I find it quite disturbing that many people think one shouldn't complain about it. If all were to shut up and take what they got no questions asked or voices raised, there would probably be much less patches and fixes after release. But of course, one should also complain in a reasonably mature way (not pointing any fingers, just saying).
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

morthi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby morthi » 06 Jul 2006, 18:47

i just want information :) nothing more - if trhere is some psorbelms UBI should tell us that they will not be able to release patch before end of june - saying nothing is bad ide***

davhey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby davhey » 06 Jul 2006, 18:53

Campaigner: Lets not foget that to make these patches the developers have to 'buy' time from thier management to work on something (a patch) that -does not generate revenue-. Working in the software industry myself, I can tell you thats a hard sell. I am sure these developers are being forced to do more coding with less resources, its the new industry model. Want to blame someone? Fine, but I wouldn't blame the developers, but rather shortsighted management.

StMichael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Transilvania (Romania) the land of Vampires ! ^BLA^

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby StMichael » 06 Jul 2006, 19:33

I hope it will come soon

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby addicted » 06 Jul 2006, 20:32

Too bad Nival developer "jackill-mf", don't take a minute to inform other H-V communities such as CH or even UBI forums of patch updates, especially the patch 1.2 that Nival said would be 'release' during the last 2 weeks in June... I for one take Nival's word with a tiny grain of salt!!!! They want to be late, fine, but they ought to at least post about it on 'both' their sites so the whole H-V communities/fans could know about it, that's my Complaint!!!!.. Nival and UBI's lack of communication to inform the fans of anything especially on their own websites for pete's sake (and they do have english websites is the major thing that hits a raw nerve with me!!! And as far as it taking longer for the 2nd patch, that's fine as long as it too doesn't come out buggy and flawed and have to have another patch to fix it! Most people complain because it is filled with bugs and flaws so I think the majority of complaints are legit and when they put big bucks out for a game and can't play most of it, they have a right to complain.. I love M&M and want to see it make it, but I want playable..
Edited on Thu, Jul 06 2006, 14:35 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.2 News

Unread postby Dakobstah » 07 Jul 2006, 15:13

Come on now guys. Just because the game you paid $50 for didn't work anywhere even remotely near as it should have, you shouldn't complain. I mean sure, many, many other games have been launched with much more functionality and much fewer bugs (especially in the days before the internet) but still, you should consider yourself lucky to have a half-assed piece of crap that's rarely patched, and when it is patched the patch doesn't do anything except add funny subtitles to the weeks. In the old days you wouldn't have gotten such great service as that. You all should really consider yourselves lucky to have half of the original Heroes' content and functionality at the same price. Seriously, what is wrong with this community? You would think that this community expected quality or something...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Jul 2006, 16:06

:lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl: :lolu: :rofl:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jul 2006, 16:17

@Dakobstah

Sir, you have opened my eyes to the grave error of my whiny ways. From here on end I shall no longer make any remarks on the percieved state of said game and patiently await for all it's problems to be miraclously fixed by the Easter Bunny and co.

Have a good day
The undersigned.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 07 Jul 2006, 16:41

Dakobstah wrote:Come on now guys. Just because the game you paid $50 for didn't work anywhere even remotely near as it should have, you shouldn't complain. I mean sure, many, many other games have been launched with much more functionality and much fewer bugs (especially in the days before the internet) but still, you should consider yourself lucky to have a half-assed piece of crap that's rarely patched, and when it is patched the patch doesn't do anything except add funny subtitles to the weeks. In the old days you wouldn't have gotten such great service as that. You all should really consider yourselves lucky to have half of the original Heroes' content and functionality at the same price. Seriously, what is wrong with this community? You would think that this community expected quality or something...
Absolutely what this post needed: satire. This is exactly why people complain, and have every damn right to. I have been playing heroes since the heroes 1 ONE demo that you got in a magazine. That's 10+ years. So if I complain because my favorite game isn't 1/10 what it should be, then shut up and let me complain so some assmuncher at nival or ubi or wherever can get off his/her ass and fix the problems. I bought heroes 1,2,3,4 and didn't complain once. Heroes V is like buying a junker when you wanted a ferrari.

Return to “News”