Christian Vanover

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 11 Feb 2005, 00:16

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/381

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Feb 2005, 00:16

Yeah, yeah, okay! (Heehee) I have no problem with Heroes IV, especially since the Equilibris (magical balancing wand) has resurrected this game. Heroes IV would have been just fine if 3do would have performed Hari-Kari before its release. (Oh yes, and also given all employees of New World Computing a 100% raise before expiring.)

But alas, history is history and Heroes IV, while potentially a fantastic game, would have been expotentially greatly enhanced if they would just have had a little patience. (May 3do burn in Hell forever!)

Anyhow, congratulations Christian (Evil C :P) on your new job polishing apples for Bill Setag (Ugh!) At least Microsoft probably won't go bankrupt for some time yet. But we can all keep our fingers crossed.

As far as I'm concerned, Heroes Online is just plain BLASPHMEY! Some player interaction, twiddling buttons on a screen the size of a cockroach's ass!

Finally, I have to disagree with you most vehemently in regard to Might & Black Dragons (okay, I'll cut you some slack on the Experience subject).

TITANS RULE!!! (So does Magic.)

PS: Oh, and good luck in your new "job". :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Loco Blutaxt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Loco Blutaxt » 11 Feb 2005, 15:10

Call me romantic, nostalgic or somewhat else - reading this words I got tears in my eyes.

The good old days are over.

Maybe 3DO could release a good HoMaM IV - maybe... EA will never!

Finally: Of course it's MAGIC, EXPERIENCE and the BLACKIES!!!
If you're a German speaking fanboy of the Heroes series also visit Drachenwald

Loco Blutaxt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Loco Blutaxt » 11 Feb 2005, 15:16

...of course V not IV...
If you're a German speaking fanboy of the Heroes series also visit Drachenwald

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 15 Feb 2005, 02:33

I fully share your view, Loco - it's terribly sad that to see the Heroes series out of Jon Van Caneghem's hands. The early screenshots of Heroes V (the ones from NWC) looked great and JVC's plans for the game sounded very promising.

With none of the original development team involved anymore, I have little hope that Ubisoft's "Heroes V" will turn out to be a worthy sequel to the games I loved so much.

In fact, watching Ubisoft using the Might and Magic name as a mere label to promote games like the questionable Heroes Online or the completely unrelated mobile RPG make me doubt if they care about the legacy of this great series at all...

As a long-time fan of both the Heroes games and the Might and Magic RPGs, I feel cheated!

p.s.: It's good to hear from you again. Remember the good old days when we worked together on Drachenwald (I used the alias "Falagar" then)?

grisnir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Christian Vanover

Unread postby grisnir » 04 Feb 2006, 12:51

JSE and Loco Blutaxt, I feel exactly the very same way like you do! At least there's some peace in this sorrowful havoc to be found, when anon and ever you got to encounter someone who shares your point of view and feel the way you do, thx guys; thx JVC for everything!

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever forgotten" :(

Return to “Articles”