The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
LinkStatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby LinkStatic » 03 Jul 2006, 03:39

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/564

LinkStatic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby LinkStatic » 03 Jul 2006, 03:39

Oddly enough, i didnt find Zehir's battles as difficult as you did. In fact, i found them the easiest. A single banish unsummoned nearly all my enemies, and then the killing of the imps meant a win even before the summons ran out (I saw 2 succubus in mid-summon after i killed the imps, then i won.)

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Sikon » 03 Jul 2006, 05:22

Agreed, Zehir's battles are probably the easiest. Banish, banish, and more banish.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Pitsu » 03 Jul 2006, 07:09

* yes, if Zehir has the banish ability, which he was certainly offered, you can keep most Zehir stacks out of combat or give to heroes who need them more. Titans and maybe golems or rakshasas are more than enough for him.

* In battle where you have to take down the shield with your catapult, do not even place all your armies on field. It is a waste of low HP units. Two to three most durable units of each army are enough.

* most of your heroes probably have instant travel spell. Thus, you do not have to fight the garnisons in the begin of the map. If I am not mistaken, it is even enough if one hero jumps over and triggers the battle. The rest are then teleported automatically.
Edited on Mon, Jul 03 2006, 01:14 by Pitsu

delix21
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby delix21 » 03 Jul 2006, 07:35

yeah, Zehir just pwn em all.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 Jul 2006, 14:14

Pitsu wrote:* yes, if Zehir has the banish ability, which he was certainly offered, you can keep most Zehir stacks out of combat or give to heroes who need them more. Titans and maybe golems or rakshasas are more than enough for him.

* In battle where you have to take down the shield with your catapult, do not even place all your armies on field. It is a waste of low HP units. Two to three most durable units of each army are enough.

* most of your heroes probably have instant travel spell. Thus, you do not have to fight the garnisons in the begin of the map. If I am not mistaken, it is even enough if one hero jumps over and triggers the battle. The rest are then teleported automatically.
Edited on Mon, Jul 03 2006, 01:14 by Pitsu
Although, if you didn't level up enough, those garrisons are good experience, and you start with plenty of forces to take them out.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Psychobabble » 04 Jul 2006, 06:38

...I probably should have thought about that ability :)

Red Guy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Red Guy » 19 Jul 2006, 22:11

In the last battle with Findan i was left with only 15 trents becouse i focused him on ultimate avenger + destr. magic.It worked greate in his campaign but with no sylven town he was very weak (the funny part is that he had the highest stats of all heroes)

kingu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby kingu » 01 Aug 2006, 23:33

it was dead easy. I did it with default arimes and didn't even use Banish once. For some reason I kept waiting for a gif fight but they were all easy. I wasn't even close on losing any of them.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 02 Aug 2006, 04:17

kingu wrote:it was dead easy. I did it with default arimes and didn't even use Banish once. For some reason I kept waiting for a gif fight but they were all easy. I wasn't even close on losing any of them.
What difficulty level?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 18:37

The AI is quite smart that it moves its little units up to your dragons, and trigger a counter attack that damages your own troops. Just be careful that don't move your dragons within one tile of your other units, or the chance is your other unit will be gone in a few seconds. :D

metalic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby metalic » 06 Aug 2006, 23:47

There is a bug for mine V1.2 one. I saved during battle against soveriegn, then the game became a infinite loop, where we both ran out of army. But I can't win or lose...

If you have teleport, you can pass the guarding gate. Just let one of of them learn it in earlier games, and let Zehir learn scholar... and teach them all...
I'm a wild man.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Aug 2006, 06:08

There is a bug for mine V1.2 one. I saved during battle against soveriegn, then the game became a infinite loop, where we both ran out of army. But I can't win or lose...

confirmed in that this is repeatable, but I wouldn't count it as a bug, per se, as being able to save during combat is not really supported to begin with.

UselessZombie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby UselessZombie » 05 Sep 2006, 19:54

THE END?

Wow, and I used to think Warcraft 3 had the worst fantasy plot ever (even though this game ripped off Warcraft 3's already terrible plot POINT BY POINT; they couldnt even come up with a new look for "Arthus"). Was there a single "twist" in the game that everyone didn't see coming a mile away?

Soooooooo......if the Sovereign could just teleport to wherever Biara was, why didn't he just kidnap Isabel that way at the very beginning?

If there's one thing this game tries to teach you, it's that women are dumb, evil, and cannot be trusted. Isabel drives THREE seperate kingdoms into ruin with her stupidity, and just when you think you can trust a woman, BAM she turns out to be an evil harpy demon that betrays you. Some writer has been rejected one too many times.

Isabel really is the worst character ever. EVERY problem in the campaign was indirectly or directly caused by her being a selfish idiot. HoMM 5 is probably the most effective argument against monarchy as a form of government ever. Poor, competent Godric could only sit there and shrug his shoulders the whole game.
Edited on Tue, Sep 05 2006, 13:59 by UselessZombie

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Sep 2006, 21:08

UselessZombie wrote:If there's one thing this game tries to teach you, it's that women are dumb, evil, and cannot be trusted. Isabel drives THREE seperate kingdoms into ruin with her stupidity, and just when you think you can trust a woman, BAM she turns out to be an evil harpy demon that betrays you. Some writer has been rejected one too many times.
Interesting. I had - briefly - thought about the general lack of female characters, but it somehow didn't occur to me that apart from that Dark elf "keeper of the law" and Freyda, the "fine piece of booty", there were only really Biara and Isabel. Someone must really have a problem with girls...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 06 Sep 2006, 01:15

Never had a real problem with the last map. About all of my heroes were as high level as they could be from the last map, and the only one that came close to hurting was oddly enough Godric. The rangers ability to take out a stack before combat even began was nice, as was empowered spells by Agr...i mean raelag. The only time the mage was challenged was the first garrison, which I didn't skip on purpose. The others was just ...banish, and they were pretty much over but the mop up.

The shield wall indeed had a very straight forward tactic. Put out your heavy hitters (and good hp) stacks and just outlast. Godric actually had the easiest with this, his catapult took down the wall easy. If I had not gotten Ressurrect with him though, the garrison would have really really hurt him (probably should have used the mage to skip this fight :)). This was the easiest of the maps imo and as the last one should have been the hardest!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

UselessZombie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby UselessZombie » 06 Sep 2006, 06:12

More than the misogyny, the thing that struck me most about the plot was just how much of an exact blatant ripoff it was of Warcraft 3, which was already a horrible cliched fantasy plot to start with.

-First campaign is the human kingdom, ruled by a king who looks EXACTLY like Arthus. King has sweetheart and older paladin mentor for companions. In an effort to destroy an evil, the king ends up joining the undead and driving the kingdom to ruin.

-Move on to the undead campaign, where you go around gathering powerful artifact until you can summon a powerful evil being into the world.

-Move on to a campaign involving a race commonly seen as "evil", but it turns out they were just controlled by demons, and now they're free of the demons' control and are trying to play nice. Charismatic leader rises to lead them.

-Move on to tree hugger elf campaign, where they destroy the powerful undead leader!

tera_majin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby tera_majin » 15 Sep 2006, 18:27

i had just finished the campaign.. btw, at the battle to destroy the magic wall, if you got expert war machine with catapult, then the battle can finish even the actual battle hasn't begin yet!! for example, my raelag's catapult attacked the wall 3 times at the beginning and the magic wall is destroyed immediately before the battle begins..

AndyWong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby AndyWong » 08 Oct 2006, 12:41

Somehing weird has happened to me, as of Patch 1.2. After I defeat the Demon Sovereign, I get a little conversation where Zehir wanted to bring everyone back to Sar Elam to imprison Isabel. But after that cutscene, the game went back to the point before I fought Khabeleth as though I never fought the battle in the first place.

Anybody familiar with this?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 08 Oct 2006, 17:20

Yeah, it is a bug that some people unfortunately experiences. Use the console code @Win() then.

Return to “Articles”