Warcraft III - DotA

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Warcraft III - DotA

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 30 Jun 2006, 15:05

My friend just taught me how to play the game. Funny is when I asked other friends to explain what is DotA and generally what game is it, but a lot of people conclude to me: "I can't explain....it's too complex...", but when I play the game, I could understand 70% of the game in 10 minutes.

Still, I would like some tips and something like a FAQ on the heroes and items and such... Thanks
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 Jun 2006, 16:33

What is DotA? 8|

Go here: http://www.battle.net/war3/

It's a wonderful game, one of the very best out there. Enjoy.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 01 Jul 2006, 13:35

I stopped playing DotA shortly after I became "leet" enough to play it. The people who play it generally are extremely elitist and are some of the very worst people on battle.net.

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 01 Jul 2006, 18:26

I gave up on DotA. :(

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 04 Jul 2006, 12:12

ClownRoyal wrote: The people who play it generally are extremely elitist and are some of the very worst people on battle.net.
Why worst people on battle net?
-System of a down-

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 15 Jul 2006, 04:40

I play DotA. But the people I hate the most on Battle.net also play DotA.

The ones we call : I-Use-Banlist-And-I-Hate-Leavers-So-Much-And-I-Have-No-Life.

Damn I hate the people who play DotA. They worship the god of the "non-leavers". The people who don't leave game. Who cares it's just a game? If someone leaves you continue, and if the game is empty you restart.

What is DotA ? Play it only once and you'll understand what is DotA. If you get a game composed of cool players (rare), you'll like it. If you get into a game composed of fag addicts, you won't like it. Possible things that can happen if #2 is the case :

- Host kicks you with l33t hack
- Everyone says you're noob and leave
- Your ally starts feeding other players because you're noob
- You get banlisted even if it's your first DotA and you don't know what is banlist.
- People insult you (100% sure if it's your first DotA)
- Some random Chen will chain-teleport you to town so you can never play
- Your opponents aim at you because you're a free kill.

But There is one thing for sure : DotA is a great game. I mean that the maker is really good, and the concept (even if it's not HIS concept) is sweet. People like it.

The problem is that they like it too much, and become addicted (And the above things happen)

I play DotA once a day with friends and we always like it. We're all people who know each other. As soon as I join a public game I'm like : dude I never play this again.

Well, pretty much it. Feel free to try it, but as a newbie (no offense, you really are new :)) people won't like you and many things can happen.

Yours,
Daxtreme

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 05:00

sounds unwelcoming ... but then i'm an unlikely candidate for this one anyway!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 05:34

Well,all of the communities suffer from the fear/resentfulness of newcomers,its just that it is most noticable in internet gaming communities because of their fast pace.

Oh,and btw,this is what l33+ is all about :devil:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 05:59

to a degree they do, but i joined a ut2004 community way late (like only about 6 months ago) and they have been pretty cool, no flamage at all

like the comic

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 16 Jul 2006, 07:01

It's really good! Even though most of the players are rude, the game is much more fun than normal WC3. I usually play Viper if I get to choose, since I want to become good at playing at least one hero.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

St0rmB0lt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby St0rmB0lt » 27 Jul 2006, 06:23

Dota is essentially the best map that map makers have made. Many people do take it too seriously tho.

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 27 Jul 2006, 06:59

The reason why dota players hate leavers because dota is team (5v5, 4v4 etc) and as soon as someone leaves it becomes unplayable because you can hardly win with less players (if all players know how to play), in ut2004 dm you play solo, not as team, it doesnt bother other players if you leave. try playing 5v10 team dm game of equally skilled ut players and win, it's impossible simply because there is more of them, the same way is with dota.

Also all dota games for pro players have PRO or NO NOOBS in their names so if you play the firs time why do you enter this games? You know you will get flamed from other players. Also most NOOBS cant stad defeat, as soon as they die few times they leave and i there is nobody to loose than nobody can win,right?

I play public games reguraly and in 80% of cases i have a good game without leavers because of the BANLIST,you can leave my game once or twice but you will not do it 3 times...
-System of a down-

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 05 Aug 2006, 11:51

Haven't played dota in 3 years or more i think. But i started playing it from the beta version untill 2.6 something i don't remember correctly. I used to play that stuff too much 10 hours a day for like 5 or 6 months. Then i quit, cause i was as good as i can be and was no point playing on. When me and someone i regularly played with destroyed a team of 5 average players, cause the 3 noobs on our team quit after we've lost all towers on all lanes. Destroying 5 active players with 2 active ones using two or three heroes at a time was when i drew the line. So one day i quit uninstalled the game and finished the exams i had left.

The people who said about l33t3rz that whine and moan all the time are correct, but softeing them up so a n00b can waste them is priceless. Try it sometimes that's so much fun.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”