So the six dragons are...?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2006, 19:51

Sorry, but according to THIS the Free Cities don't have a "standing army". So i don't think they'd make much of a faction.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 28 Jun 2006, 11:14

accordint to that, it sounds like a perfect faction for Nomads, Gypsie Oracles, and Militiamen (wonder why original militias were changed to "conscripts?" so that the name isnt taken up.) and, according to the map, stonehelm
(which according to the quote in that link is the Free City) is a giant fortified castle city thing, so im pretty sure it wouls make a pretty strong faction. they will probably get some sort of siege defense bonus as part of their special ability and prbabvly an increase to unit generation if a hero is in town on day one or something like that...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Jun 2006, 14:27

Heres an idea idea that wont be implemented:

Since they have no standing army,silver cities build mercenary dwellings.Each creature dwelling could be adjusted when its built to hire a certain creature of the same level from any other town(for example,you could adjust your tier 1 dwellings to buy either peasants,sprites,skeletons,imps,gremlins or scouts).Each creature costs 10% more,but gets a mercenary ability that allows it to mix without morale penalties.Heros special would grant any neutrals you get the merc status for the price equal to 10% their value,and he would be able to hire mercenaries from anywhere on the map at 10,5 and 4 times their value(depending on his racial skill level),with some number limit,of course.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 28 Jun 2006, 15:44

I would love to see that in the game, but not for the free cities, as some neutral faction. i still think the free cities would make a great faction.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 28 Jun 2006, 17:37

Based on the number of dragons I think there will be three new factions. The orcs, who does not worshp dragons (Stronghold), the dwarves who worship the dragon of FIRE, the nagas who worship the dragon of WATER. As I understood there's no great faction worshipping the dragon of AIR. Once all humans did that, now only afew city states and tribes (with the Holy Griffin Empire worshipping the dragon of LIGHT and the wizards being atheists).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2006, 19:29

soupnazii wrote:I would love to see that in the game, but not for the free cities, as some neutral faction. i still think the free cities would make a great faction.
The Free Cities = Switzerland. Seriously, militaristic is the last thing they seem to be. And being centers of trade between different races makes them to usefull to destroy.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

jaq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jaq » 28 Jun 2006, 20:02

ThunderTitan wrote: The Free Cities = Switzerland. Seriously, militaristic is the last thing they seem to be. And being centers of trade between different races makes them to usefull to destroy.
Or maybe free cities = ancient Greece or nobles' democratic and quite an anarchy state of Poland? Or free trade cities of Hanza? Or free... erm... "cieties" of medieval Iceland/Scandinavia? Loose ties doesn't mean unmilitaristic neutrality.
Isn't HV dark elven history Polish-driven?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jun 2006, 21:36

You forgot the medieval italian city-states. But the description did imply they're not militaristic.
Of course they could make them have a hodge-podge selection of creatures that can be explained as mercenaries. But that would be too original for H5.... :devil:

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 29 Jun 2006, 11:30

and yet it says that they are very experienced in defense of their city/ies. why would they even mention that if they arent going to be at least a small part in expansion campaigns? the demons and stronghold dont trade there because it is a human faction, so they would obviously see it as a major targert to be destroyed since it would destroy the economy of some other factions. i can see Haven haveing a very strong alliance with them and fighting the stronghold "barbarian attacks" together.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Jun 2006, 12:41

There we have it:
Sylath is still very popular among the Northern Barbarian tribes and Eastern Free Cities however (not united enough to form a faction)
From a link posted above

The Free Cities do NOT form a faction. But those "Northern Barbarians" could do. So there is our windy 11th faction.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 30 Jun 2006, 12:44

what link? do you mean the picture link from TT at top of page? cause it doesnt say anything like that...

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 Jun 2006, 12:57

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jun 2006, 13:57

Hmm that City Guard have a blue dragon on his shield, no doubt he and the rest worship Sylath :) As seen in the intro movie, Nikolai had a cape with a dragon on, but I guess it was Elrath not Sylath.
Last edited by Orfinn on 30 Jun 2006, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Jun 2006, 15:19

Now that's a good observation! The blue-red dragon on the shield kinda makes things a bit clearer now.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Jun 2006, 15:50

yeah the free cities might be an H5 expansion faction after all (or at least a faction in DM), along with the dwarves and the orcs. Standing left with the nagas and one more. Guess 2 will be shown in DM and 3 in the expansion...is my bet.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2006, 15:58

What part of "They have City Guards but no standing army, being too small for that." don't you get?!

A faction yes, a H5 town, doubtfull.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Jun 2006, 17:56

"They have City Guards but no standing army, being too small for that."
Did you notice how the predicate of that sentence is in the present tense? And anyhow, inconsistencies are nothing new, so making them a town despite that little detail wouldn't be such a big deal.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jun 2006, 18:02

So you think that 20 years in the past they'll become larger? Cable couldn't screw up continuity worse.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Jun 2006, 18:58

No.

21 years after H5, and 1 year after DM, the Dark Messiah will come and transform the citizens of the Free Cities into slaves of his malicious will to bring the Apocalypse upon the world, rejecting both Asha and Urgash; but Urgash won't be exactly pleased about this and will send his Demonic armies from Heck after him, lead by Agrael's Descendant.

The Dark Messiah and the Descendant -- half dark-elf, half demon, half human -- will fight with their fabulous swords, but just when the blades clash, the world goes BOOM and everyone wakes up back in Axeoth... 'twas just a bad dream...

:devious:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jun 2006, 19:41

theLuckyDragon wrote:half dark-elf, half demon, half human
So man=human,bear=demon,and pig=elf?I always thought orcs looks like a oig,but elves are good too.

Anyhow,I just hope that free cities wont be a faction since that would be a third human faction.Id rather have the faceless.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”