Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 16 Jun 2006, 09:50

jeff wrote:I am sorry if this has been requested earlier, but this thread is so long now I just quickly skimmed through it and did not see this.

Can you create a few artifacts that can be renamed in the editor. Now they would not need any attributes other than they would be recognized by a conditional statement. Example the quest is to find the "Heart of a Fiend", so the quest requirement would be army has artifact "Heart of the Fiend".
I discussed it with Lost and this is what possible:
Utility that will deal with 5 artifacts with generic graphics and no effect. Mapmaker can change Name, Description and pick-up text.
BTW, is there a little, tiny chance to upgrade the FT to ADD heroes?
Tiny chance close to nothing, sorry. But we have another idea, we just need to check it ;)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2006, 12:03

Dalai wrote:
I discussed it with Lost and this is what possible:
Utility that will deal with 5 artifacts with generic graphics and no effect. Mapmaker can change Name, Description and pick-up text.
Sorry I missed that, but that sounds great. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 16 Jun 2006, 15:50

jeff wrote:Sorry I missed that
You missed what? We discussed it in ICQ :)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Jun 2006, 23:35

another idea:it could be nice if we could resurrect heroes with sacrifice

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 17 Jun 2006, 18:46

?? you can soon sacrifice creatures tu resurect one heroe !!

you can't sacrifice heroe tu resurect creatures or another heroe......

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 19 Jun 2006, 19:19

I'll have to test something...
I tried with some imps,maybe it wasn't enough...
ok,I tried it.don't know why it didn't work the last time I tried.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jun 2006, 09:35

Could you make that the attacking creatures do more damage to those who are attacked? There is just no good reason to be the attacker without it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 24 Jun 2006, 12:32

Crusard wrote:
It would be a mix of Placed Event and Quest Gate - Invisible to the player, but unpassable as long as Quest Requirement = False.
Sounds like an interesting idea. The only problem I can imagine is that if the player wants to click on the ground ahead he won't see the "horse" icon, so it could be a bit tricky to find the hidden quest gate. Maybe instead of invisible it could be some sort of rocky platform, or with a lot of vegetation...
Hey, I just got an idea. If it isn't too hard to accomplish, I think this would be a very good solution to make it work like a town, or any other big adventure object:

If you want to walk to a town, it doesn't matter where on the town you click, you are still led to the entryway, right?

So, When you want to click on the ground ahead of the invisible quest, the horse (mouse cursor) stands on it's backfeet, but once you click, the movement path is led to the quest point.

Would this be possible? I think it would be really great.
Last edited by eekstah on 24 Jun 2006, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 24 Jun 2006, 12:52

Some more, small suggestions for campaign editor:
  • Custom "Floating Text".
    • By floating text, i mean that small text that says for instance "+600 gold" when you pick up a pile of gold (it floats in the air for some time and fades away). Ability to make your own floating texts could be a fun way to diplay small pieces of information that are not so important that you want to bother the player with a normal message with the OK button.
    Possibility to change the text on a sign
    • through a triggerable event and/or a "when somebody is reading it" event.
    Possibility to change name and biography of a Hero
edit: tried to clarify the floating text part to avoid further misunderstandings.
Last edited by eekstah on 24 Jun 2006, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jun 2006, 13:44

eekstah wrote:Some more, small suggestions:
  • Custom "Floating Text".
    • By floating text, i mean that small text that says for instance "+600 gold" when you pick up a pile of gold. It floats in the air for some time and fades away. Could be a fun way to diplay small pieces of information that are not so important that you want to bother the player with a normal message with the OK button.
    Possibility to change the text on a sign
    • through a triggerable event and/or a "when somebody is reading it" event.
    Possibility to change name and biography of a Hero
You can change heroes' name in tavern by clicking on it. The name in biography is changed to the one you wrote.

And when you pick a resource, the name floats for some time and then disapears. Why implent something thats alredy implented?

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 24 Jun 2006, 14:32

Sauron wrote:You can change heroes' name in tavern by clicking on it.
Cute, I never noticed this :) But my suggestion where meant for the campaign editor; To change name/biography for an existing Hero via script.
And when you pick a resource, the name floats for some time and then disapears. Why implent something thats alredy implented?
Omg. I wrote CUSTOM. And I did not mean for resources only, I meant generally "to diplay small pieces of information" - to show a custom, floating text instead of a textbox.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jun 2006, 16:06

Good that you edited it. It didn't look like you were talking about editor.
And I agree with all of those.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 26 Jun 2006, 18:45

you can already change names and biography via the editor.

I have a bit strange idea for the undead transformer,but that could be interesting.sacrified creatures don't change but get the ability "undead" and become part of the necropolis(so you can mix them with others undeads without penalties,except that they are now undead)

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 27 Jun 2006, 03:16

Le_Faucheur wrote:you can already change names and biography via the editor.
He means changing the description mid-game.
I have a bit strange idea for the undead transformer,but that could be interesting.sacrified creatures don't change but get the ability "undead" and become part of the necropolis(so you can mix them with others undeads without penalties,except that they are now undead)
Um, balance issues? :P
Plus, this is impossible to make :D

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 27 Jun 2006, 17:40

it would unbalance the game that much?

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

summoning

Unread postby TheUnknown » 01 Jul 2006, 07:37

Gargoyles should move to the summoning menu cos they are elemental not undead. Maybe they should be unlocked by having both summoning and death magic.
I also think other creatures may be added in the summoning menu, like the neutral ones. If you have certain level of summoning + chaos you could summon evil eyes, trolls or troglodytes. Certain level of summoning + death can have gargoyles and ice demons. Summoning + life, maybe the peasants :D altough this would be better then estates later. Summoning + order nothing ;) . Summoning + seamanship pirates and mermaids(not sure for mermaids) :creative: .
About order and life I am thinking about summoning the mechanical creatures like balistae and gold golems. The mechanical creatures can't gain extra numbers cos they don't benefit from resurection or necromancy nor summonig. Yes they are prety strong but thats for a level 2 creature, this way they'll be (even) more desireable thats for sure.
Level 4 creatures don't come into summoning menu becese it would be prety overpowered. For the other creatures, they can't stack with the main army except for nature so thats why I think this idea isn't overpowered and I too think more options are always welcome.

jeff

Invisible Portals

Unread postby jeff » 07 Jul 2006, 23:21

Excuse me if this is a repeat, but having seen you’re invisible barriers, what about invisible portals. Either one-way, two-way or both, this would give the feel of being magically transported and adding in shock value. It would be good if they are bomb-able, allowing for complex maze creation. Obviously too late for 3.6, but maybe 3.61. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Re: Invisible Portals

Unread postby eekstah » 08 Jul 2006, 10:44

jeff wrote:Excuse me if this is a repeat, but having seen you’re invisible barriers, what about invisible portals. Either one-way, two-way or both, this would give the feel of being magically transported and adding in shock value. It would be good if they are bomb-able, allowing for complex maze creation. Obviously too late for 3.6, but maybe 3.61. :-D
That would be cool. I suggested a invisible quest gate a bit further up on the page. Everything invisible is cool :)

I'm actually making this map with scripted invisible teleporters. It only happens once with the main Hero (she falls down a hole and end up in the underground level). To make it happen twice or more would require so much more work, and it wouldn't work to teleport her to a place on the map that's allready discovered. At least that would ruin the surprice.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Invisible Portals

Unread postby Dalai » 10 Jul 2006, 09:57

eekstah wrote: Everything invisible is cool :)
Are you making a map about some blind bard? :)

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 21 Jul 2006, 16:32

I have thought a bit more about modifying creatures:

nature:
sprite:attacks on 3 cases (I think sprites became the weakest level 1 unit since equilibris)
leprechaun:always lucky,immune against misluck

elf:damages 3-5 (it's a lot,but in another way,they are hard to get,so they should be powerful...)
satyr:always good morale,immune against sorrow

griffin:100 HP

faerie dragon:random harmful spells(like the beholder)

order:
dwarf:once per battle,they can repair a mechanical unit(1 HP per dwarf)
I think it would be a spell.

magi:cast dispel when attacking(or cancellation or steal enchantment)

titan:immune against malefic spells and habilities affecting mind.
dragon golem:20 or 25% chance to stun when attacking.

life:
squire:growth 23

balista:move on adventure map:17,doesn't affect the morale of friendly units(should be implemented,it's like if in heroes 3,your units from the castle lose morale because you bought a balista in a dungeon)

crusader:growth 5,cost 650
monk:60 HP,spellcaster(exorcism,death ward,necromancy ward)mana:5

angel:increase morale of friendly units by 1(I also thought about hability to cast on theirself a sanctuary which would last one turn,but I think it would be very powerful)
champion:attack:26,defense:26,increase damage against dragons(faerie,black,bone and mega,don't know if it should work against dragon golem,because it isn't a true dragon)

death:
zombi:can cast shout of death for cost 3(decrease the morale of all enemy units by 10 during one turn)mana:5

ghost:damage 3-4
cerberus:attack 19,defense 19,cost 210
gargoyle:26 HP,50% magic resistance
mummy:can cast wasp swarm,mana 6,growth:7

venom spawn:immune against poison

bone dragon:the power of the aura depends on the morale of the targeted unit.if it has a good morale,it has a chance to resist the aura and to retaliate.if it has a bad morale,it also loses some initiative this turn(or even skips its following action)
devil:negate first strike,can cast armaggeddon(66 damages)keep mana 10,so it would be powerful,but hard to use.

chaos:
rogue:poisonous attack(0.5 damages per rogue)
pirate:no boarding/unboarding penalty,can move further on sea

troll:can stun(something not too powerful of course)

efreeti:can cast smoke,the damages done by the fire shield only depends on the number of efreets,and not on how many damages the attacker does.
nightmare:decrease morale of enemy units by 1

strenght:
harpy:defense 15
nomad:increase the scouting ray by 1

cyclop:can stun(in melee)

behemoth:destroy a door in one hit
thunderbird:surrounded by stormy clouds(gives it +50% defense against range attacks)

Return to “Equilibris”