Problem with Heroes 2 music in Windows XP. I am desperate!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with Heroes 2 music in Windows XP. I am desperate!

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 06 Jun 2006, 19:22

I guess I am not the only one pissed of with Windows XP compatibility issues.
Ok, to the subject now. Heroes 2 music doesn't work properly at Windows XP. I followed the instructions given somewhere in this site (application compatibility toolkit, e.t.c) but no improvement of any kind occured. Please, if someone knows something I would like to know it. :scared:

shadymilkman73
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby shadymilkman73 » 06 Jun 2006, 22:50

if you use 5.1 or 6.1 or whatever speakers. Go to control panel, sound and audio then speaker setting advanced. Here just select typical stero speaker (the one with two speakers next to the monitor) then apply. Good luck

^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 07 Jun 2006, 07:18

I already use the right speakers. It is not as simple as a speaker problem. It has to do with the way XP use sound.

shadymilkman73
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby shadymilkman73 » 07 Jun 2006, 13:09

well....look on the bright sde...at least you got your game to work. I can't even get the game to install on my XP.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 22 Jun 2006, 00:25

I just reinstalled Heroes 2 today, and I also run it in Windows95 mode, but there's no CD Stereo w/ Opera to be heard. MIDI works fine, but it's really inferior to the CD music. I've searched everywhere for fixes, and I have yet to find one.

The only solution I can think of right now is using VMware, virtual PC, or other OS emulation software to emulate Windows 95 completely. Install it under the virtual Windows 95 console, and run it from there. However, I really don't feel like doing that, it's just too much hassle. I'm hoping there's some other way to get this audio working.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 23 Jun 2006, 17:42

it works rather bad on winxp with compatibility mode, I noticed.

I got no music (only sound effects), and there's a distinct lag. So, I wonder what do do about it too

EDIT: I installed homm2 gold on my laptop. The main difference are lower specs and XP home instead of XP pro (yet illegal windows version. I'm a student, I'm not holy). Anyway, it runs smooth here (apart from the fact I've got to work, not with a mouse, but with a touchpad)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”