Unread postby maltz » 22 Jun 2006, 13:32

I really like the colorful underground... :-D
Edited on Mon, Jul 31 2006, 21:34 by maltz

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

The Necromancer → The Regicide

Unread postby NickMP » 18 Aug 2006, 18:33

If you like battles, this is the scenario for you. I found them a bit much, but maybe that's just me. You stomp round the underground fighting nearly every turn. At Hard I had no trouble at any point with this one. I took Puppetmaster but forgot to use it - instead, I simply used Markal to revive any losses in every battle (be careful not to end the battle till he's had time to do this for most or all of your early losses). At the end, as you emerge from a two-way monolith and head for the underground cavern, titans spring up ahead and behind you. You can easily take the ones in front, the ones behind are more numerous and I skipped them (forgetting I'd not reached the level cap - oh well).

In an earlier scenario I took the skill of judging how neutrals will react (join, fight, flee) - very useful.
Edited on Fri, Aug 18 2006, 12:35 by NickMP

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 10 Aug 2007, 14:57

Puppet Master is awesome on this map. Very quickly your army will be big enough that neutrals come at you in only 1-3 stacks. If there's only 1 stack, Puppetmaster it and you are guaranteed to win with no losses.

Especially since the 1.5 patch and the Dark Magic Pool, what this scenario could have used was a hill fort and somewhere to stash some of your undead stacks.

Also, the final boss could have been tailored to your army, like Haven Mission 3, where the boss that spawned after you take out all inferno stacks was based on your army power.

Overall, I felt this was a wasted opportunity of a map. It was essentially linear because of the border guards and teleporters, and there wasn't much novelty in being "inside" the Ring of the Unrepentant when it looks just like any other underground in the game. I would have preferred maybe a map that had you race to intercept Freya and thus "capture" her as a prelude to the final scenario in the Necromancer campaign.

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guarderman » 16 Nov 2007, 16:52

Just a tip: This map is easier on heroic than easy/normal. The joining armies will be bigger and not any academic unit(expect rakshasas) will be larger. not even cyrus' army.

Brainiac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The Necromancer → The Regicide

Unread postby Brainiac » 03 Mar 2023, 20:30

Playing the HOMM 5.5 Mod, the final battle is just too tough, specifically the 35 Phoenixes. I can take them down the first time, but not the second. I played the mission through a second time gathering as many of 3 version of Ghosts as I could, but the opposing hero's 2 Armageddon spells negated any advantage they might have given me otherwise. Very disappointing. The only unit I could effectively Puppet Master were the Mages, which was not all that useful.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The Necromancer → The Regicide

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 18 Oct 2023, 19:48

The Regicide, Heroic, Max 30.

Won @ 2,4,3

I took the Liches.

Up until the last two battles, (I turned back to fight the 80 Titans) I hadn't lost any more than a few skeletons along the way. I would use Puppet Master to gain time, Mark of the Necromancer to preserve mana and just wait around until I could raise my undead.

A few times the best strategy was to bring only the Bone Dragons to the battle and start by casting Arcane Armor on them.

I took experience from every chest, re-killed the undead I didn't want in my army and still was 33K xp short of L29. I might have had a stronger army if I had passed on the Death Knights and continued to raise Wraiths when possible. (You can only have 5 large creature stacks on the battlefield at a time.)

Return to “Walkthroughs”