For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gold?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Estrosiath
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gold?

Unread postby Estrosiath » 14 Jun 2006, 07:33

Sorry for the rant. I really do love the game, but the campaign is just getting so bugged it is more than ridiculous. And the storyline is going downhill fast, too. How could Ubisoft permit the sale of this 5th version, when there are still SO many bugs that can prevent you from finishing campaign objectives (for no reasons, apart maybe that you completed one objective before the other, and the game doesn't like it), frustrating you AND forcing you to restart a map that can potentially take several hours to finish?

I am sorry. Not a very constructive post, but I am rather angry at the ineptitude and money grabbing behaviour of companies that vampirise a franchise I really love. The game is good, but it remains MUCH too bugged. Even with the new patch.

Incidentally, if anyone can tell me where in the nine hells Findan is supposed to be in the 3rd academy mission, it would really help me. Thanks a lot :)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gol

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Jun 2006, 07:55

Estrosiath wrote:Incidentally, if anyone can tell me where in the nine hells Findan is supposed to be in the 3rd academy mission, it would really help me. Thanks a lot :)
Whichever bad poets are sent to. ;)

Seriously, he should appear down in the south, near the crossroads that lead to Markal's castle. You'll need to free Godric first, though, and he's in the underground in the north.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 14 Jun 2006, 08:54

The only bug I've had in the campaigns so far was Findan dying on level 1 of the ranger levels and the game not ending... I decided to restart :P
~ Rapier.

jazzbiker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jazzbiker » 20 Jun 2006, 18:48

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Estrosiath wrote:Incidentally, if anyone can tell me where in the nine hells Findan is supposed to be in the 3rd academy mission, it would really help me. Thanks a lot :)
Whichever bad poets are sent to. ;)

Seriously, he should appear down in the south, near the crossroads that lead to Markal's castle. You'll need to free Godric first, though, and he's in the underground in the north.
I haven't found either of them... I can't find a prison in the underground... no findan, no Godric... :( HELP!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Jun 2006, 22:01

Finidan should be shot. Talking in verse gets old really fast.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Jun 2006, 22:43

jazzbiker wrote:I haven't found either of them... I can't find a prison in the underground... no findan, no Godric... :( HELP!
If you look in this thread, there's a screenshot showing where Godric's prison is. Once you've freed him, Findan should appear.

Bardolph
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bardolph » 21 Jun 2006, 19:58

I am sorry. Not a very constructive post, but I am rather angry at the ineptitude and money grabbing behaviour of companies that vampirise a franchise I really love. The game is good, but it remains MUCH too bugged. Even with the new patch.
You shouldn't talk about the whole company like that. I liked the work of the graphic designers but the programmers I think are the ones to blame.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Jun 2006, 20:39

If you have a complaint with a company's product, I daresay it is common to blame the company as a whole and not target the individuals that you suspect are the ones responsible for what you complain about. As when you blame the company, you are usually blaming the leadership who is responsible for the overall management and overseeing of production and quality thereof, and not the individual employees.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Bardolph
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bardolph » 21 Jun 2006, 20:47

And in your case the manager is to blame. And if the expansion of Heroes 5 released this month and I didn't knew anything about it, it would be the marketing department's fault because they didn't find ways to promote the product.
And for scripting bugs it's the programmers fault and not the designers that made the towns and creatures look nice in 3d Studio Max or something like that.
That is my opinion on who to blame.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 21:14

Of course you blame the company. They're the ones who should make sure it gets done right. I mean the whole point of hierarchies is to make sure the guys under you do their job. When one of them doesn't everybody is responsible.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 21 Jun 2006, 21:26

offtopic:
do they still have the intention of releasing a random map generator??? i do not here from it anymore, i really liked that abouth H3, it kept me going for years.
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 21:30

In H3 the RMG came with an expansion. They same this will be the case here too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 21:45

Bardolph wrote:You shouldn't talk about the whole company like that. I liked the work of the graphic designers but the programmers I think are the ones to blame.
And who is to blame for the look of gargoyels and djinns?And who is to blame for the story and voiceacting?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Jun 2006, 21:47

ThunderTitan wrote:In H3 the RMG came with an expansion. They same this will be the case here too.
The same will probably be the case here too.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 21 Jun 2006, 22:47

don't get overly positive. A rmg is quite a feature, it may justify an expansion, rather then throwing it away freely in a patch.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 21 Jun 2006, 22:53

he wasn't being positive, he only said it would "probably" be the case instead of it being the case "for sure". Simply because no one can tell what will happen.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 21 Jun 2006, 23:03

I can't help but noting that companies aren't so keen on releasing much-anticipated things, just for free. It'd be great if it came in a patch, but I fear for it.

(why do I get an error message when posting?)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 23:07

reynaert wrote:I can't help but noting that companies aren't so keen on releasing much-anticipated things, just for free. It'd be great if it came in a patch, but I fear for it.
Since we overpayed them(no manual,unfinished game,etc)I dont think theyll have the nerve to price something like that.Especially something that shouldve been included in the first place.
reynaert wrote: (why do I get an error message when posting?)
Its tonight bug of the hour :devil:

falcore19
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby falcore19 » 22 Jun 2006, 01:16

I don't think Homm5 is that bugged, especially compared to other games today. Do you remember homm3 version 1.0?

I sympatize, companies these days sell unfinished games, and it's a trend. But we wouldn't be in this situation as gamers if we simply didn't tolerate such bs. Companies are able to put betas on the market because players just get bent and buy them. I'm not talking about HOMM here, it's rather good compared to other games, but I've seen so many companies screwing customers and getting away with it that I got used to it. It's the fault of the gamers.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 Jun 2006, 09:28

No, it's not the fault of the gamers that companies sell unfinished products, the fault is squarely on the company. That said, the consumers have the power to say we won't tolerate it by not buying unfinished products. Sadly though, the market is so big that any mass action is virtually mpossible to coordinate. Any effort would most likely be limited to perhaps at most a few thousand people, thus having little impact.

And it isn't right anyway that you should have to force companies to not rip off the customers (more or less, depending on the state of unfinishedness), it just shows how much they care about the customer.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Heroes V-VI”