Mechwarrior

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Mechwarrior

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jun 2006, 00:16

3 was my first, and I loved it. Even if the Mechs were all green and red squares because I lacked a decent Video Card. And I still think it looks way better then #4.

There's nothing like having a big walking engine of destruction to mess around with. And beating the stuffing out of the claners is just plain fun.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 20 Jun 2006, 19:14

Oh... the mechwarrior games...
I find those gigantic killing machines pretty cool!
I played the first one (The DOS one) when I was a little kid, and a couple of years ago I played MW4 (The story one, not Mercenaries). I loved to see all those lasers, cannons and missiles firing at my enemy at once... loveable game!

ps: I also played both MechCommanders, the first one was better though :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jun 2006, 20:14

Crusard wrote: ps: I also played both MechCommanders, the first one was better though :)
I only played the Second one. Loved the Mech selection.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Jun 2006, 03:48

i briefly played mechcommander, but could never get the game to work properly ....

i'm waiting for MechAssault for the DS, that should be pretty cool (obviously not as graphically awesome as a PC game, but should be great anyway)

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 21 Jun 2006, 18:21

I've played a lot of the games in the BT universe. Mechwarrior 1 up to the demo of Mechwarrior 4 (PC spec issues), MechCommander, The two Crescent Hawks games (Inception and Revenge), the board game...

It's hard for me to pick a favorite.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 11:01

Oh man I love the Mech Warrior series, nr 3 wasnt bad but I had to go for MW 4 + the nice expansion Mercenaries and I definatley loved to play MW4 mercenaries, arena style (with both mech packs), man it was hard to get the top spot on highest difficulty. Nothing is like control a heavy mech like a vulture or thor armed with autocannons and LRM'S :D Of the Mech Commander games, I go for nr.2 had most things you could wish for. Mech Asssault isnt that good, too short and too arcade like, I rather prefer full customization like in th Mech Warrior games.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 29 Jul 2006, 14:44

For christs sake, the mech was hard to navigate and it wasn't all that fun. I only played it since an old friend wanted me to try it. Kinda entertaining but slow paced.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 29 Jul 2006, 17:58

Well thats your opinion, some adopt faster to certain games than others.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2006, 20:31

Campaigner wrote:For christs sake, the mech was hard to navigate and it wasn't all that fun.
N00b........ then again if you used the default keyboard setting i feel for you. MW3 had a way better key setup. And the Mech actualy looked mettalic too, not as if they were made of cheap plastic.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 29 Jul 2006, 22:49

TT: Well, the main thing is that it was slow once the cpu became skilled enough to hit often enough. And I always change the key setup. I don't think I've ever used the default keysetups in any game where you can change the keys.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”