come on release a map pack already

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

come on release a map pack already

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 21 Jun 2006, 09:59

man im getting so bored and sick of the same maps i think my title says it all

Indral
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Indral » 21 Jun 2006, 11:44

who cares about you getting bored and sick when you come with this attitude?

why don't you go try and develop some games, see if that gets you bored and sick...

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 21 Jun 2006, 12:23

Indral wrote:who cares about you getting bored and sick when you come with this attitude?

why don't you go try and develop some games, see if that gets you bored and sick...
Good point! Yes...It's not what you ask for, it's how you ask for it! Listen...I hear your gripe, but were all in the same boat. Another 4-6 weeks & we'll have tons of maps! Sit tight & play another game for a little while.

I picked up Rise of Legends, it's is RTS, but it ROCKS!

Indral
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Indral » 21 Jun 2006, 13:07

theres tons of other things to do than wait for maps.
e.g. you can do some research.. combat has not yet been clearly described.

or you can experiment with skills and abilities, see what pays off most, so you get a running start ahead of your future opponents in online games..
maybe write a guide or two..

hell - life is rich, you can do whatever you want!

respect for Rise of Legends, i'm sure it rocks, but RTSs just dont float on my water..
B-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 13:56

Indral wrote:theres tons of other things to do than wait for maps.
e.g. you can do some research.. combat has not yet been clearly described.

or you can experiment with skills and abilities, see what pays off most, so you get a running start ahead of your future opponents in online games..
maybe write a guide or two..

hell - life is rich, you can do whatever you want!
Or you could go outside with some friends,maybe even with a girlfriend/boufriend

Oh...Wait...Ive gone to far this time...Just forget I said anything :devil:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Jun 2006, 14:24

I daresay that asking for more maps is a very legitimate request\question, and the original post isn't that harsh.

Telling him to stop whining and do something else instead, however, is quite beside the point and rather rude.

Ryanmax, as far as I understand it they plan to release 10 more maps in the next patch, which ought to be here any day now (wasn't mid june mentioned, anyone recall?), then more maps regularily in later patches. And the 3rd patch should contain the map editor, allowing people to start making maps of their own.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 21 Jun 2006, 14:37

Ethric wrote:I daresay that asking for more maps is a very legitimate request\question, and the original post isn't that harsh.
Agreed, i'm waiting for new maps (and OF COURSE the map editor) quite hard myself...

...and it's much more fun trying out new strategies or skills on new maps rather than those who have been played again and again and again and...

"DragonPass" for example is such an interesting map but after 4 or 5 sessions with it i can't see it anymore!

So I sing along with ryanmax: "MORE MAPS PLEASE Ladidadidaaa!"
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Indral
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Indral » 21 Jun 2006, 18:45

Ethric wrote:Telling him to stop whining and do something else instead, however, is quite beside the point and rather rude.
Telling us that telling him to stop whining and do something else instead is quite beside the point and rather rude is quite beside the point and rather rude.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Jun 2006, 18:52

Unless he is a mod. Or called Ethric. Oh wait, he's both! :D

The map number issue will be solved once we get that frickin' map editor.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 Jun 2006, 18:57

I've spent hours with Mega Man: Powered Up's map editor. I've exhausted most of that editor's assets - it's about time I move on, so bring it already, I say!

They are releasing Micro Machines V4 and Super Monkey Ball Adventure this week as well, so we'll *finally* have some new tasty multiplayer goodness to feast on after a long dry season. Hopefully that will keep me satiatated until this editor comes out.

That and the 30 degrees Celcius and constant sunshine we're having... except for the thunder that seems to be rising as we type.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 21 Jun 2006, 19:18

I got my heroes complete version today, as well as some hell of exams next week, so I'm not yet fully dissatisfied with the lack of maps and content. Yet.

On the other hand, we might start having polls 'which is worse- no map editor or no multiplayer' (especially for a single player fanatic (not good enough for multiplayers) as me.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 19:35

reynaert wrote:I got my heroes complete version today, as well as some hell of exams next week, so I'm not yet fully dissatisfied with the lack of maps and content. Yet.

On the other hand, we might start having polls 'which is worse- no map editor or no multiplayer' (especially for a single player fanatic (not good enough for multiplayers) as me.
But there is a multiplayer.Its just that it doesnt work well :devil:

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 21 Jun 2006, 20:04

homm 4 had map editor but no multiplayer when it came out, if I recall correctly :p

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Jun 2006, 20:34

I think we can say that this thread has served it's purpose.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Heroes V-VI”