The "I'm learning" thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

The "I'm learning" thread

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 12:59

not finished school yet? feel proud
show us your supreme intelligence, try to impress us with the immense complexity of your current subject. Don't hesitate to state that you know the Ultimate Question for the Ultimate Answer. Unmercifully show us that our puny brain is incapable to understand the depths of your thinking.

What do I expect? Just tell us what you're learning. I'd welcome some really confusing pictures of the stuff you have to learn. Complex graphs and mathematical formulea stuffed with mysterious symbols. Or a snippet of highly incomprehensible text. Let us feel your superior knowledge.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 13:22

Im having my english exam soon,so Im not sure how that is to be presented here :devil:

Other than that,Im having mathematics.The written part is piece of cake(a few functions,diferentials and such),but the oral exam...Ugh!Why do I have to know the names of those theorems?I mean,I know how to use them,so who cares what I call them?

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 13:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:Im having mathematics.
pure maths?
DaemianLucifer wrote:The written part is piece of cake(a few functions,diferentials and such),but the oral exam...Ugh!
I prefer oral exams because I'm good at nonsens speaking.
I have a high carisma level :) so I can persuade profs that I clearly understand everything :devil:
written is a hell because you have to remember every little aspect of something.

ed.
something?? everything!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 13:36

Cunning Death wrote: pure maths?
Algebra+geometry.Its nice for me because I had both as separate and very thorough subjects in high school.
Cunning Death wrote: I prefer oral exams because I'm good at nonsens speaking.
I have a high carisma level :) so I can persuade profs that I clearly understand everything :devil:
written is a hell because you have to remember every little aspect of something.

ed.
something?? everything!
I can do that too,but some of my professors like to see all of that in writing.And thats what I hate.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 13:42

DaemianLucifer wrote: Algebra+geometry.
they're like little brothers :)
I can stand geometry as far as the space is not curved

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 14:01

To be more precise,again,its analithyc geometry.I had both in high school(the drawing one is the second,if thats how its called in english).

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 14:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:To be more precise,again,its analithyc geometry.I had both in high school(the drawing one is the second,if thats how its called in english).
analytic geometry, I guess
I used wikipedia to check spelling :) it has huge resources for maths

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jun 2006, 14:43

I just finished my Bachelor in History. Learned a lot about the analysis of sources, as well mediaeval history in the north. Also, the Noregian-Russian relations 1855-1940 course was quite interesting.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 20 Jun 2006, 14:57

Right now I'm in the middle of exams period (only 1 and a half week to go, yay), and after that (assuming nothing happens that we don't really know, that nothing unexpected interferes with the show) just one year till I get my bachelor degree in (T&T:G&L). The full title I can't translate to english, mostly because it's gibberish, but it more or less means that I'm concentrating on ancient Greek and Latin texts, but have a sizeable chunk of general linguistics and general litterature study too. And, as for me, I'm mostly interested in Latin short Poetry, but latin in general, along with certain aspects of cognitive linguistics and applied litterature studies (never known how many 't's are in litterature, so I presume there are 3 of them) are pretty interesting too. At least to me.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 20 Jun 2006, 16:02

I finished highschool last week on Friday and I'm having my final exams during the next two weeks. Right now I'm reviewing Romanian Literature for the oral exam on Monday, and I've just finished the prose today. Poetry and drama left, but that's simple.

After Monday, I'll have the English oral exam on Wednesday and that will be all for that week. The following week I'll have the written exams: Romanian, Maths, Physics (thermodynamics and optics) and French.

After that I'll have to apply for college in a town about 200 km from where I live, find a place to live there, move... And when that's all over with, I'll actually start my summer break (and finally buy H5 :oex:).
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jun 2006, 16:09

Cunning Death wrote:I prefer oral exams because I'm good at nonsens speaking.
Hehe...you could sell sand in Sahara, I suppose? That's the way to know you're good at nonsense speaking.. :devil:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Jun 2006, 16:42

Have been having my well-deserved summer break for three weeks now. Last period, I had Subatomic Physics (atomic nuclei, quakrs and stuff), Physical Electronics (mostly about semiconductors and stuff), and a course about symmetries and group theory and stuff. In autumn, I'll be studying Quantum Mechanics as well as Advanced Classical Physics...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jun 2006, 16:48

Any class envolving the word "Quantum" sounds hard to me.. :S
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 16:57

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Any class envolving the word "Quantum" sounds hard to me.. :S
Its mostly statistics and graphs.If you can embrase the fact that something is there,and not at the same time,you understand the quantum to the fullest :devil:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jun 2006, 17:03

Uh, Okay...We have a rule set here in Denmark that works that way. So I'm witcha.. ;)
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jun 2006, 17:06

Learning?! I haven't done that since 12th grade. And the it was Economcs, which has an 11th grade class. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Jun 2006, 17:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its mostly statistics and graphs.If you can embrase the fact that something is there,and not at the same time,you understand the quantum to the fullest :devil:
I think it is safe to say that no one understands quantum mechanics.
- Richard Feynman
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 17:34

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
Cunning Death wrote:I prefer oral exams because I'm good at nonsens speaking.
Hehe...you could sell sand in Sahara, I suppose? That's the way to know you're good at nonsense speaking.. :devil:
Soooo, you saw me on the tv? :D

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 20 Jun 2006, 17:46

Gaidal Cain wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Its mostly statistics and graphs.If you can embrase the fact that something is there,and not at the same time,you understand the quantum to the fullest :devil:
I think it is safe to say that no one understands quantum mechanics.
- Richard Feynman
Feynman said it ages ago... I do understand, or at least I have to :)

And I clearly see that DL didn't get any bit of quantum mechanics
you have to free your feeble mind (yes, Neo :)) of barren concepts like "something" and "somewhere". If you could do that, you made the very first step :)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jun 2006, 17:49

*cough cough* double posting...errm..*cough cough*... :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Return to “Campfire”