Scouting and Silent Stalker

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Scouting and Silent Stalker

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jun 2006, 02:34

Just a quickie about them.

Scouting gives +4 to 'range', while Silent Stalker ability to see 12 tiles more. What is the exact difference between those?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Jun 2006, 05:07

to be honest I haven't the faintest idea, i have never been a fan of scouting skills and the first one i have ever picked was for raelag, as a step towards ultimate .... don't imagine i will pick it at all after this either!

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 20 Jun 2006, 07:38

scouting gives +4 view and lets you see how many the enemy are numbered

silent stalker gives you +12 view (dunno if they add) and lets you see the 'courage' of the enemy (meaning, you can see they're 'unpredictable', or in rare cases 'will flee' or 'will fight'). It should give some multiplayer advantage too.

Myself, I found the silent stalker skill rather useful, especially on non-water maps without too much difficult terrain. It gives you an enormous viewing range, which is not only useful for scout heroes.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Jun 2006, 09:26

I got the silent stalker perk on the my Sylvan campaign heroe. The huge viewing range makes it pretty useful for determining where to take your heroe.

GOW

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 20 Jun 2006, 13:26

When you have so much viewing range, you no longer need the towers at all: you see farther than the towers themselves :P

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jun 2006, 13:29

I'm just wondering if 'range' is same as 'tiles', and if so, and if having both skills, are you seeing +16 tiles more?

Those are excellent skills imo, and will be especially useful in future random games.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 13:41

Nebs wrote:Those are excellent skills imo, and will be especially useful in future random games.
Not too much since there is no FoW,and maps arent that big.Maybe for scouting secundary heroes,but not for primary ones.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 20 Jun 2006, 14:52

the 'what are the neutrals going to do' and 'how many creatures does the enemy have' is a good thing though.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”