wiki article

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

wiki article

Unread postby reynaert » 17 Jun 2006, 22:51

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_ ... nd_Magic_V

you GOT to be kidding me. This isn't a wikipedia article, it's a sort of reference. could someone tend to this article, cause I know, if no one starts nagging about it, it's going to be not helpful to anyone. and who better to do it then a helpful community of fans like rt.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jun 2006, 23:03

Fine. Can you tell me what you think is wrong with it so I can do something about it?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 17 Jun 2006, 23:07

you didn't notice? 8|

most of all, the technical info. This looks like a series of reference charts. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'd be surprised if people who are looking for information about the game are actually interested in knowing that the black dragon is completely invulnerable to magic, that swift gating requires being a demon lord and having pathfinding, and such. I'd do it myself if I didn't know people over here were so much better, and if I didn't dread doing things myself.

and of course, more information about the game, how it was made, what were the stakes... Meta-information as you might call it. Things that interest the interested buyer and the market analist.
Last edited by reynaert on 17 Jun 2006, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 23:08

Kalah wrote:Fine. Can you tell me what you think is wrong with it so I can do something about it?
I think some more description wouldn't do bad. And I'm not talking about the extensive list of game mechanics, I'd prefer a longer introduction for newbies and interested people.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jun 2006, 23:11

The battlefield size adjusts according to how many units are involved. I.e., a larger battlefield will correspond to more units. The largest battlefield is more than twice the size of the smallest one.
That could also use some removing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Re: wiki article

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 23:14

reynaert wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_ ... nd_Magic_V

you GOT to be kidding me. This isn't a wikipedia article, it's a sort of reference. could someone tend to this article, cause I know, if no one starts nagging about it, it's going to be not helpful to anyone. and who better to do it then a helpful community of fans like rt.
just returned to the wikipedia article...
even the article states that it should be moved to a gaming wiki
This article or section is a candidate to be moved to a gaming wiki.
Articles on computer and video games should not list minutiae or give a detailed description of how to play the game. Such topics should be moved to a gaming wiki, such as StrategyWiki, Encyclopedia Gamia, or GameInfo.

If the article or section can be re-written to give an encyclopedic overview, please do so and remove this message. See What Wikipedia is not and WikiProject Computer and video games for further details on content guidelines.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 17 Jun 2006, 23:18

it obviously isn't been done, and it won't be, unless the fans- and fans sometimes know more about the game then the creators themselves- are going to edit it. So, I'll be the vile one to stir some commotion, insult a few people, and do what every other bastard this world is rich would do.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jun 2006, 23:39

You know, if it really bothers you, you could update it yourself... CH staff is quite busy these days, refurbishing the site.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 17 Jun 2006, 23:42

myself wrote:I'd do it myself if I didn't know people over here were so much better, and if I didn't dread doing things myself.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jun 2006, 23:43

Kalah wrote:CH staff is quite busy these days, refurbishing the site.
Really.... that's interesting news.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jun 2006, 23:44

So this is a "this needs to be done and by somebody other than me" post? ;)

Yeah, we like those. :rolleyes:

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 17 Jun 2006, 23:50

you got it!

good boy

I have no need to feel any popularity, so I can happily nag.

Anyway, I don't have too much wiki experience either- no joking this time, therefor, I am calling upon a community wherein there just has to be someone who knows about this whole 'other gamewiki' thing, and who does know what to do about it. It seems, kalah, you thought 'woooo, this is ch staff responsibility' whereas I never stated that. it's community responsibility, not just one site's staff

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 23:55

ThunderTitan wrote:
Kalah wrote:CH staff is quite busy these days, refurbishing the site.
Really.... that's interesting news.
agree with Titan :yes: Kalah must've spoiled something ;|
maybe an online H5 documentation by CH is on its way :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jun 2006, 23:57

Cunning Death wrote:maybe an online H5 documentation by CH is on its way
... I have no idea what that means. We're just working on the site to make it better. Like my signature says. ;)

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 23:59

Kalah wrote:
Cunning Death wrote:maybe an online H5 documentation by CH is on its way
... I have no idea what that means. We're just working on the site to make it better. Like my signature says. ;)
I was just hoping for some exciting new content :(

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2006, 00:03

We'll add new stuff when we come up with some. ;)

Anyway, I edited the wiki article a bit. Creature names and such are updated. I could go through the skill system too but I'm not an expert in that area yet.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 18 Jun 2006, 00:04

I'm pretty convinced this documentation is on it's way, but I guess it remains classified who exactly is working on it till further notice.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jun 2006, 00:09

Kalah wrote: Anyway, I edited the wiki article a bit. Creature names and such are updated. I could go through the skill system too but I'm not an expert in that area yet.
I belive the ideea was to write a general presentation of the game and maybe it's development. Maybe have a list of skills and creatures too, but nothing as detailed as it is now.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2006, 00:19

Yeah, I could do that. But right now I'm off to bed. Later.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2007, 20:39

And look what needs some updating:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_ ... rs_of_Fate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_ ... f_the_East

The factions could use better descriptions and the story's need some finishing touches/being added.

Touch the creature lists i made and i'll gut ya.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”