Wizard Creatures

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 14 Jan 2005, 11:24

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/14

necro95
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby necro95 » 14 Jan 2005, 11:24

Titans in HOMM3 is still my favourite creature. Expensive though...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 17 Jan 2005, 07:29

Ah the Titans :) They look mighty. Look like medieval soldiers.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 17 Jan 2005, 14:14

Medieval soldiers? What pictures are you looking at?
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

necro95
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby necro95 » 17 Jan 2005, 15:04

I think he meant the heargear, looks somewhat Roman Legionish..

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 18 Jan 2005, 02:35

Ah, yes.

Strange though, titans were part of Greek myths which were before roman times ...
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

necro95
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby necro95 » 19 Jan 2005, 23:56

Well, I believe the creators have their own views on their artworks back then. but I must say that the range of creatures in this series are very well thought out.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 04 May 2005, 19:16

Yeah, nothing like the good old games. Titans are one of those monsters that were cool throughout the series. Can't say that about too many creatures...
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

T-Hawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby T-Hawk » 15 Jun 2005, 15:12

I liked the Mages/Archmages in HoMM II too. They were much better and had an wiser look (what is very important for mages, imo). In HoMM III they weren't important I guess, hard to explain but I just don't like the mages in HoMM III :)
"Every puzzle can be solved, you just have to know where to push and where to pull. "

Pyro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyro » 22 Jun 2005, 14:58

Titans are the second-strongest creatures inthe game, and they're also one of my favourites. I like also the Steel and Iron Golems.

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby Boromir » 21 Feb 2006, 20:22

Aah, Titans in HoMM2 - they look awesome! :) I like the Roc too - it is nicer in H2 than in H3.
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Feb 2006, 20:22

A weird but charming mix of creature.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 21 Mar 2006, 11:28

Titans are pretty deadly in the game...Wizard was one of the easiest to win with, with all these great long-range troops..

Sandro123
Pixie
Pixie

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby Sandro123 » 14 Sep 2006, 19:27

ah, the titans...

If you look carefully in the tips of the tavern, you can see:

"A BLACK DRAGON CAN BEAT A TITAN ANY DAY OF THE WEEK"

blacks are way more cooler and stronger.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 22:09

Echo_ wrote:Ah, yes.

Strange though, titans were part of Greek myths which were before roman times ...
Roman Mythology borrowed a BUNCH off of greek mythos. In fact most of the Roman gods were greek gods with different names. It is eerie how similar they are. I belive it is because the Romans conquered the greek and liked there beliefs and adopted them, but claimed it was there own. *shrug* may never know I was present back then :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby Inisto » 11 Mar 2007, 20:15

The Roman Empire did not conquer Greece until 130 B.C.Instead of stealing their mythology(Directly)they developed their countries Etruscan Religions into a mix with Greek Mythology!The Roman Capital Area had a very poor Mythology so they mixed Etruscan Familiars(Similar to house protectors)Goblin-like creatures or Faeries)And Greek Gods and Titans.For further information,the Titans were elder gods in Greek Mythology.The lightnings those Colossal guys carry where originally created by cyclops for Zeus!Which is kind a IRONICAL because later when Zeus Grew up he killed his father(Cronos the King of Titans).Which means that Titans in Greek mythology never put their hands on lightnings(except for those struck by them)But the fact that the Roman butts went on claiming others myths is probably because theyre citizens did not only trust in the power of mortal rulers alone.They needed some spiritual background so probably someone thought like:Heeyyy i just heard they got cool myths to the east of here lets tell them to our peasants and make them believe they are Roman!That will get them to work again!,Strangely enough that lil lie kept the roman Empire alive for 400 years until christianity came.Hope it didnt mess up the Spartans real much eh!

Dj0rel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wizard Creatures

Unread postby Dj0rel » 23 Dec 2010, 22:31

To kill 1 Black Dragon you need at least 390 Peasants. To kill 1 titan you need at least 660 Peasants. Those who think that Black Dragons are cooler should think about that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Wizard Creatures

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Dec 2010, 06:53

Inisto wrote:>>The Roman Empire did not conquer Greece until 130 B.C.Instead of stealing their mythology(Directly)they developed their countries Etruscan Religions into a mix with Greek Mythology!<<
Yeah, in about 130 BC they conquered it all, but they've had greek territory way before that... and they interacted with their culture for way longer... remember that the greeks weren't one nation, they where independant city-states and their territories...

And before they did a reverse interpretatio greaca on their gods they did have very different interpretations of them and many more gods, cults of which did survive... and they did pilfer gods from other cultures too. And then they had no problem making up new ones eoither, just google Sol Invictus.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Articles”