Black Dragon Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which one do you like the best?

H2 dragon
29%
H3 dragon
21%
H4 dragon
24%
H5 dragon
13%
H5 dragon
13%

Total votes: 197

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 01 Jun 2006, 14:29

O ok well.... I still say III is the best :beheading: <--- Awsome

^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 04 Jun 2006, 12:17

I vote for the H2 Black Dragon, though I have to say that my preference doesn't come entirely from the graphic. I really like to kick other creatures' a**es with the Warlock's imba Dragons in H2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Black Dragon can pick out a Titan every day of the week.

Leon_Shore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leon_Shore » 04 Jun 2006, 21:20

Voted for H4 Black Dragon. Although I have fond memories of the H2 version, the H4 dragon just exudes bad@ssness. It's not just aesthetically pleasing, but very functional in combat. Flyer, Tank, good speed, breath attack, and magic resistent.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 04 Jun 2006, 22:13

H4 is my favourite because I haven't seen the old ones in action. H5 dragon looks nastier and more evil and dragon-ish so that would be my second choice :-D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 04 Jun 2006, 23:32

H3 Dragon was outskilled by the silly angel. Puh-lease. H2 big time. The Black Tower triple upgrade was truly awesome.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Jun 2006, 06:41

gravyluvr wrote:H3 Dragon was outskilled by the silly angel.
Everyone knows Titans were the best in H2, so being outskilled wasn't exactly news for the silly dragons :D
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 05 Jun 2006, 09:13

I like the Heroes IV Balck Dragon. It really looks good, especially in 3D :D
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jun 2006, 09:47

This is a really though choice at first glance 8|
but...

The H2 dragon, nah its just not great, sure it has a great heraldic feel to it but comes on 4th place.

Blackie 3, well this is one of the best looking dragons in any homm game. It really looks evil, helps alot adding red eyes and golden/black scales, purplish wings and still have some of the heraldic look the one from H2 has. It gives me the dragon feel I was looking for.
First place for you o' mighty blackie :hail:

H4 Blackie evolution. Looks pretty evil, with pink eyes and green/black scales, nice overall look and with that smile well... :D Sorry smilie dragon but you cant charm me to vote you, 3rd place :devious:

H5 Ah the grey...black.. no seriously this just isnt a black dragon, its more like well dark grey with added plate armor and elf like ears (which in fact does look good, just unusual) I like the glowing yellow eyes and the dragon looks pretty evil. It has a great overall look but its just not a black dragon, I let it grow on me still hes comes close second. ;)

Pallas Athene
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pallas Athene » 05 Jun 2006, 20:23

I definitely think that the dragon from H4 is best because it has the best "graphic beauty".. and the fact that they are superior in combat is great :devious:

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 14 Jun 2006, 03:43

I like them all, but I have to say the heroes 2 one has the most nostalgia for me, but the h5 one looks very good. I don't care much for the h4 dragon, did it fly when it moved or walk, I can't recall.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Jun 2006, 14:55

Mirage wrote: I don't care much for the h4 dragon, did it fly when it moved or walk, I can't recall.
For crying out loud, it flied of course! Did you really think that it had a relationship with HoMM V Vampires who can't fly :D

Voted Heroes IV's Blackie, 'cause it has the 'badassness' that a black dragon, being evil creatures in heart should have. HoMM II's is the contender but it looks so noble to be terrorizing. HoMM V's blackie is the worst black dragon of the bunch; and to come to think of it, this time dragons are all very mediocre.

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 19 Jul 2006, 09:18

I think that H5 looks beutifull (if it could be darker like in a mod i seen on www.elrath.com) h3 is also nice h2 is heraldic like someone earlier said
but the h4 looks like a gremlin for me :D its sooo ugly
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 24 Jul 2006, 13:11

I love the H2 Black dragon, cause of its noble yet terrifying look. The H3 is in a close second, while H4 looks like some overgrown lizard thats about to throwup.
I havent really made my mind up about the newest in the line. It will take some time, before anything can be said about it, but I like it so far.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Jul 2006, 12:31

voted h2

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Jul 2006, 21:49

Voted H2.

St0rmB0lt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby St0rmB0lt » 27 Jul 2006, 05:50

Voted 4

Looks genuinely menacing and powerful, my second pick is probally the dragon from 2.

Ooc, where does heroes 1's purple dragon fit into these polls. His role in the game as the best unit in the game is most similar to the black dragon.

exo6desmo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby exo6desmo » 01 Aug 2006, 21:08

the H2 dragon ofc...The best look ive ever seen on a blackdragon ever..looks noble and heraldic as said.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 02 Aug 2006, 14:10

Probably just the color thing, but I still haven't seen the Purple Dragon (or Puff as I used to call him) Evolution poll from the original Heroes game.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Aug 2006, 14:58

Well,since it spawened all of the other dragons,it would be unfair to put it toghether with any of them.But maybe it could go along with azure,rust,crystal and megadragon.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 11 Nov 2006, 20:36

voted h4.

h2 has just 2 legs and 2 arms, he is a disguised human! h3 looks undetailed, as do about all h3 monsters. h5 looks too skinny and scales are not distinguishable enough. h4 looked really majestic with those mostly black partly yellow scales. with pretty dying and idle animation too.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”