Nival Answers Again

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Nival Answers Again

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2006, 19:04

Sikon wrote:Please stop insulting my home country and Nival. What do you know about Ivan the Terrible to begin with? And what relevance does he have to Nival and Heroes V? It was, like, 400 years ago.
It's called a secret police. It's been a constant in Rusia ever since. Don't feel insulted.... it ain't any better over here either. And if you find facts insulting it's not my fault.

And i'd find it way harder to insult Nival if they actualy seemed to care, and not need to be forced into doing stuff by outraged fans. Then again that is the former Eastern block way, ain'it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 09 Jun 2006, 20:55

exactly...no offense to russia, but im pointing out how nival is handling things and they just happen to be russian, thats all.

there is a problem with a developer that released a game that is distributed worldwide, and following up that game in a language that is not a primary language of the game players. now i know they are based in russia and all that, but that gives them no right to address their game and reveal their future intentions in a foreign language and leave the rest of the world out in the cold. i have been around pc gaming for a long time, and this my friend is what you call "unprofessional."

do you see NCsoft, a south korean developer who sells worldwide only supporting their games in korean? could you imagine the outrage players of games like guild wars and lineage would express if they would pull what nival is doing?

my point is, communcation and support should be provided and fluency in russian should not be a prerequiste. if they are selling to non-russian gamers, then they owe us not to hide in their russian language forums and expect that form of support is adequate.

just my 2 cents.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 21:33

Minmaster wrote:now i know they are based in russia and all that, but that gives them no right to address their game and reveal their future intentions in a foreign language and leave the rest of the world out in the cold.
Russian developer, French producer, yet you think it's English that's the "native language"? I understand the frustration about not being able to read those forum posts yourself, but having Q/A sessions is hardly support. Even if it does look unprofessional and uncaring about the rest of the community.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Nebs » 09 Jun 2006, 22:53

Shouldn't you guys blame Ubi, and not Nival for this lack of communication? They are developers, not their job to tell you these things...

WretchedGnu
Peasant
Peasant

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby WretchedGnu » 09 Jun 2006, 23:23

Nice! It will only take *two* patches for them to add descriptions of creature abilities -- only two patches to include information in the game that would actually allow people to know which resources they have at their command, and therefore know how to strategically deploy those resources. Only two patches to begin to provide the game with the minimum that would be required to call it a strategy game! wheeee.....

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 10 Jun 2006, 00:13

do we have release dates for all these patches / updates?

im glad they plan on making more maps regardless of a new patch.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby addicted » 10 Jun 2006, 00:35

No offense Nebs, but I beleive Nival are the 'developers' and UBI are the publishers. :) So I think Nival should be telling us since they are the developers of this game! :)
Edited on Fri, Jun 09 2006, 18:39 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Infiltrator » 10 Jun 2006, 00:57

Too bad the descriptions are in now that everyone knows each creature's abilities on memory ;)
Infiltrator out.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Nebs » 10 Jun 2006, 01:11

addicted, most likely I'm just talking out of my ass anyway, and have no clear idea how these things work, but always imagined developers to communicate only to publishers, and publishers were ones with some public relations offices or whatever they are called...What I mean, UBI to me seems more likely to communicate with fans and press.
Edited on Fri, Jun 09 2006, 19:12 by Nebs

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Jun 2006, 01:38

Nebs wrote:What I mean, UBI to me seems more likely to communicate with fans and press. Edited on Fri, Jun 09 2006, 19:12 by Nebs
The main problem besides the lack of communication is the complete lack of coordination between UBI and Nival on what is said. A perfect example is the recent comments on the map editor. Nival says it will have a campaign editing feature, ok fine. Now Fabrice said, “Combined with the map editor, or with a further patch will be added the capacity to link missions together as in the Heroes 5 campaigns. So is the campaign capability part of the editor or to be added later in a patch? Minor points perhaps, but the information can be seen as contradictory or at the very least not consistent. Perhaps it is a misunderstanding due to language translation, but that only identifies another problem that the UBI/Nival team was not ready for such a large international release.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

midnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby midnight » 10 Jun 2006, 03:08

Go to this this link with the Nival page of russian, it will translate 99% of it http://www.systransoft.com/index.html

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Sikon » 10 Jun 2006, 05:14

Remember that the Nival info was never supposed to be public to begin with: it's just a summary of their *answers*. People ask questions in Russian, Nival answers. In Russian. Simple.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 10 Jun 2006, 11:18

Sikon wrote:Remember that the Nival info was never supposed to be public to begin with: it's just a summary of their *answers*. People ask questions in Russian, Nival answers. In Russian. Simple.
Well I am really happy for the Russian people to be able to get responses from Nival and I sincerely mean that but too bad Nival chooses to completely ignore peoples questions on their Nival 'English' Forum board. Nival should treat both of their forum boards equal. The Nival English board should be hearing from Nival too.. It doesn't make logical sense to me why they ignore the English board. but who am I, just a speck among many! :) Thanx Sikon.
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 10 Jun 2006, 11:46

Makes sense to me. I mean, I don't like trying to communicate in a language I don't know either, it's embarassing. I fully symphatise :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 11 Jun 2006, 15:06

@midnight
midnight wrote:Go to this this link with the Nival page of russian, it will translate 99% of it http://www.systransoft.com/index.html
Or if you want to read it in full English already, go to: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 5291053254 and read 'iwinbutton's' post. He interruptes the full interview in English.
Last edited by addicted on 12 Jun 2006, 11:57, edited 2 times in total.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 11 Jun 2006, 16:07

Cool stuff. Is Huge bigger than Extra Large? I am wondering because Ubi changed some of the names of the map sizes for some reason. Not that it really matters, but after 3 generations of HOMM, 'large' really grows on you. ;)
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby addicted » 11 Jun 2006, 23:07

@CloudRiderX

Is Huge bigger than Extra Large? I am wondering because Ubi changed some of the names of the map sizes for some reason.

Yes! :) Huge is larger than x-large. If they actually get implemented & depending if Nival renames them in the Editor release, they will be

1. Small = Small (72x72),

2. Normal = Medium (96x96),

3. Big = Large (136x136),

4. Very Big = X-Large (176x176),

5. Huge = XX-Large (216x216).

:)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby asandir » 12 Jun 2006, 00:02

hallelujah!!! we need huge maps if we want our heroes to go much beyond level 30 - the exp is so damn nasty to get!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Supreme Archangel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Supreme Archangel » 13 Jun 2006, 03:07

i want the Random Map Generator, does this appear on this patch?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 07:10

Supreme Archangel wrote:i want the Random Map Generator, does this appear on this patch?
No,but in an addon,along with the editor.

Return to “News”