Nival Answers Again

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Sikon » 09 Jun 2006, 11:50

Some more <a href="/http://forums.nival.com/rus/showpost.ph ... >developer answers</a> from the official Nival forums (excluding info already covered in the Fabrice interview):<ul>

<li>The map editor will include campaign editing functionality. (Previously, Nival refused to give a definite answer on this issue.)</li>

<li>Eventually, there will be an option to disable the camera flyby in towns.</li>

<li>After a bunch of new multiplayer maps appears in the second patch, Nival will start making new maps available gradually without any relation to patches.</li>

<li>The second patch will include descriptions of creature abilities.</li>

<li>The editor will include two new map sizes - Small (72*72) and Huge (216*216), which are currently unused in the game.</li>

</ul>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1149853805

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Marzhin » 09 Jun 2006, 11:52

Well, that's good news. Until Ubi says the opposite.
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby reynaert » 09 Jun 2006, 12:01

woohoo- more map sizes!
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Nival Answers Again

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 12:18

Sikon wrote: The second patch will include descriptions of creature abilities.
Hurrah!They do listen!
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 09 Jun 2006, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ma_trix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Ma_trix » 09 Jun 2006, 12:26

They started to listen :D For me the best innovation included (besides map editor) is adding HUGE map size - i really like to play 10 months long game and having my hero at 35th or 40th level:P

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Dublex » 09 Jun 2006, 12:27

I thought that descriptions of creatures abiliites would be imporant to include straight away, but hey, what do I know :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 09 Jun 2006, 12:33

All items mentioned are positive developments; if they had just been upfront on the editor many nerves would not have been frayed. Unless our complaining helped shape these abilities, :devious: if so then hooray for us. :oex: :rofl: :oex:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby omegaweix » 09 Jun 2006, 13:18

editor. bigger maps and creature abilities shown ingame?

Frankly, from the moment i will patch this onto my version, i won't have any more complains left!

I cannnnnot await it!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Rapier » 09 Jun 2006, 13:21

At this point I don't really need descriptions of creature abilities, still I guess it'll gve the game a more complete look, and hopeful set a precident so that new abilities in expansions don't have to be learnt the hard way...
~ Rapier.

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby socketboy » 09 Jun 2006, 14:29

Glad to hear of the huge!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Orfinn » 09 Jun 2006, 14:39

Great news!!! Seems they tend to listen after truckloads of complains after all.....

And why shouldnt they? They would only shoot themself if they didnt :blah!:

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Dakobstah » 09 Jun 2006, 15:33

Yup, it is good news that two months (2 1/2? 3?) after the release the game will be half way complete. If they had been upfront about that I would still have found it just as rediculous as I do now. I mean they literally came out and said, "We wanted to rush the product to market before we had everything complete and just patch it in later." But hey, at least they didn't try to cover that up I guess (not like we wouldn't have figured out that's what happened anyway, what do they have to lose?)

I'm sorry, I'm not usually this negative about a game, but just in case any devs or future devs read these comments I want to make sure they know how much I despise such a lack of commitment to any kind of artistic integrity or work ethic in the creation of video games. Sure, the internet makes it possible for you to patch things in later for the product you deliberately shipped halfway finished, but just know that it also makes it possible for you to hear the backlash about it much quicker and more frequently than you can get those patches out.

Oh, and um, yay higher map size!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Jun 2006, 15:37

YAY!! I'm happy to know that Nival is working to finish & correct the game. Maybe after it's all said & done, I'll love Heroes 5 as much as Heroes III & Heroes IV. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby reynaert » 09 Jun 2006, 15:41

available 'soon'! Heroes 5 ultra-deluxe-mega-package! Featuring a map editor and an AI!

As the editors say: the game as it should have been!
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2006, 15:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:"Hurrah!They do listen!"
Don't jinx it man....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby addicted » 09 Jun 2006, 17:10

I am very thankful for HOMMV to be revived and waited patiently for 5 to be released, so I look forward (patiently) for all the patches, the editor, etc. as I am still trying to cling to hope H-V will end up being an outstanding game on the top of the charts..

I too am glad of this updated news... Too bad tho, they don't release all this updated news for the English speaking customers on the English Nival forum... I have to admit tho, I am not too fond of Nival and I wish Ubi would have went with another company.. I am disappointed that no mention of more 'single' player maps in the next patch.. not all of us play MP.. But I am thrilled about the Editor news, my top prioity... Wish too they would unblock the cheat codes so we can use them like we did before (sigh, someday maybe :) )

Thax Sikon for sharing this updated information..

P.S. and on Dakobstah comment, it just dawned on me, not everyone in this world has internet access to even download these patches.. but I guess people are really going to have to read the box before buying..
Edited on Fri, Jun 09 2006, 11:34 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Minmaster » 09 Jun 2006, 17:33

wtf is with this russian only communication? why cant they tell the rest of the world this stuff themselves w/o CH having to digg it up and translate it?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2006, 17:45

Minmaster wrote:wtf is with this russian only communication? why cant they tell the rest of the world this stuff themselves w/o CH having to digg it up and translate it?
Ivan the Terrible. It's a way of life.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby Sikon » 09 Jun 2006, 17:58

Please stop insulting my home country and Nival. What do you know about Ivan the Terrible to begin with? And what relevance does he have to Nival and Heroes V? It was, like, 400 years ago.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers Again

Unread postby addicted » 09 Jun 2006, 18:18

Sikon, I don't think anyone is insulting your Country of Russia. I think Minmaster was wanting to know what I and a lot of others want to know which is, Why can't Nival release all this updated H-V information on their Nival English Website and Forum like they do on their Nival Russian Forum. After all Nival has these two forums but yet the English forum don't have any of these interviews or information.. I think 'all' customers (all languages) should have the same information and Nivals English Forum should be the same information as their Russian Forum as far as information about H-V.. We English speaking people are left at the mercy of someone who knows Russian language to interrupt and share with us.. Nival has no support, no contact address, email or otherwise.. I for one am not impress with Nival..

I personally am grateful you are sharing with us, thank you... hugs from granny :)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Return to “News”