The Cultist → The Ship

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Sikon » 08 Jun 2006, 04:27

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/539

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Sikon » 08 Jun 2006, 04:27

Actually, you don't need a Sylvan hero to prevent the Sylvan forces from fleeing - any hero besides Agrael will do.

offshore33
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby offshore33 » 09 Jun 2006, 11:58

If you are REALLY anal retentive about capping your XP on each scenario, you can always clear out all of the opposition except the top town, take over everything else on the map, and start feeding every troop you don't intend to take with you to the final battle down into Ur-Nebryzias and start sacrificing them for XP. I don't know how many troops this would take, but I gave up after feeding something like 3 full weeks of all the elven towns' troops (all as upgraded as I could get them.)

Oh, and quick question for others, but what was the creature offered at the Refugee Camp for others? The first time I reached it there were Pit Lords. But my homebase got ambushed right afterwards, so I reloaded to an earlier save. When I came back the place only offered Griffons (not even upgraded ones!) Do the monsters offered at the camp change over time or are they random?

infael
Pixie
Pixie

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby infael » 16 Jun 2006, 03:30

My campaign must be buggy. Never got the sylvan fleeing Agrael's army cutscene. Took Erewel and made a ship. Game doesn't see that so am sailing around aimlessly. Never got any secondary quests either.

Have euro collector v 1.1.

TI***
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby maltz » 16 Jun 2006, 16:21

The blue gate is to the north of the West town. For me, there were a few nice artifects guarded by quite powerful stacks behind the gate.

ronnuspharmd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby ronnuspharmd » 17 Jun 2006, 02:21

So I follwed this exactly and before I can get my sylvan hero (which I hired as soon as I got the inferno town) back to the surface to work my elven town it gets taken over by the green and I have no chance of stopping it.

Phate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Phate » 24 Jun 2006, 23:12

Yes, In my game green never attacks my inferno town, but is only obsessed with Hallin. I took it over, left it without building anything until I got to the inferno town and hired a sylvan hero to shift all my elves onto. Green will most likely get there before you, but he doesn't seem to build much/anything while he's there.

So check out his forces and supplement your sylvan army with inferno troops (pit fiends/chargers from the outpost) from agrael if you tihnk it's too big for you.

Then retake it and try your best to hold it. Still green managed to take it from me again but agrael with exp logistics and pathfinding can quickly get on the scene. If you like have two heroes around the sylvan town, one takes all the hunters and saves them from green so you can give them to the dragons later, and if green manages to take over the town have agrael or another inferno army take it back.

Phate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Phate » 25 Jun 2006, 09:22

Yes, In my game green never attacks my inferno town, but is only obsessed with Hallin. I took it over, left it without building anything until I got to the inferno town and hired a sylvan hero to shift all my elves onto. Green will most likely get there before you, but he doesn't seem to build much/anything while he's there.

So check out his forces and supplement your sylvan army with inferno troops (pit fiends/chargers from the outpost) from agrael if you tihnk it's too big for you.

Then retake it and try your best to hold it. Still green managed to take it from me again but agrael with exp logistics and pathfinding can quickly get on the scene. If you like have two heroes around the sylvan town, one takes all the hunters and saves them from green so you can give them to the dragons later, and if green manages to take over the town have agrael or another inferno army take it back.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jun 2006, 10:04

The green attacked my inferno,but lost :devil: And he was never able to get even near any of my surface towns.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 30 Jun 2006, 17:00

I got hydras at the refugee camp. Didn't get them because I like to play Agrael with inferno units only and phantom force my succubi, thus I never use outsiders (even if they're free).

Sylvans are stubborn like hell, they're obsessed with Hallin too. But Agraels got town portal, so I don't have to worry, but it can be annoying having to go back over and over again.
Morior, ergo sum

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Sikon » 01 Jul 2006, 11:26

I captured all three Sylvan towns and found Alaron too tough to face with Inferno troops, so I built up all these towns, brought Agrael and another hero to Erewel and started summoning creatures from the left and right towns (using the well to replenish Agrael's mana) and giving them to the second hero so that they wouldn't desert (I also had about 40 druids with that second hero from a stack that joined me at the start). Having three towns worth of Sylvan creature growth (and a third hero bringing troops from the bottom town to the left one), it was only a matter of time before I built a sufficiently large army for Agrael.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby csarmi » 06 Jul 2006, 13:40

I don't understand this underground thing. What's wrong with going for the 2nd Sylvan town right away? It can be captured before week 2. Several emerald dragons or swarm of pixies are easi kills. There is a hill fort and a tavern one the surface with easy guards as well (lots of ancient treants, lots of silver unicorns, that kind of losers)

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby csarmi » 08 Jul 2006, 12:50

I simply took all green castles (except Erewen obviously) in 10 days.

Lost almost all my army (my bad), but I got 7 arch devils now. Most of the sprites on the way (druids and everyone else was obsessed casting spells on them which was great actually).

Then I took the 9 dragons (easy fight, of course I didn't put my unicorns to the battlefield).

then I took things in the wrong order and after I took the 2nd city (northeast) I had only 3 unicorns, a few sprites/pixies, 5 druids and 37 masters left. (day 5 or 6)

Of course I still attacked the 9 phoenixes (hunters, unicorns and 5*1 pixies), but 3 unicorns dies too fast (4 or 5 would have been enough to hold the birds long enough) and I made a mistake in the end of the fight too, so I lost all but 5 of my masters. (I advise this fight only for experts!)

I recruited two heroes on day 5/6 then two more on day 8.

I killed the grand elves defending the arch devils with 5 pixies and 1 sprite (mass confusion, mass slow then decay and run around).

Then I went west on the road, killing some 75+37 silvers and 300 war dancers with my arch devils (mass confusion, mass slow and correct placement of pixies) and took the green castle. Now I try to triple-build, the 40 wood I got was helpful, but I lack on ore.

Arch Devils suck btw. I had to skip some fight which I would be able to do by master hunters and such.

Ah, and in the meantime I sent one hero back to collect all the resources I left on the ground (I only took the mines with Agrael), one to collect the war dancers and the boots and some follow Agrael taking the resources he keeps lying.
Edited on Sat, Jul 08 2006, 06:53 by csarmi

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 09 Jul 2006, 10:17

Nice walkthrough. I think I did almost the same as is said there; except that I skipped the entire east half of the map.
You can gather enough elves to pass the shadow dragon´s quest from Hallin and the hunter´s cabin by the start of week 3. By that time you should have enough Inferno armies to be able to take Erewen.

As for the losing of Sylvan armies: split stacks increase the amount of deserting armies, so it helps to combine armies before ending your turn.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby maltz » 26 Jul 2006, 15:09

In my latest game I was able to hire a great stack (93!!) of Master Hunters on my way down for about 34000G (had diplomacy). That makes killing the green early very easy.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby NickMP » 08 Aug 2006, 09:51

Good walkthrough. I did much the same but didn't bother with the keymasters, so didn't max out on xp - perhaps I'll regret it in the final scenario. The Sylvans didn't counter-attack after Agrael caught their first big force exiting the underground. When I took the NE Sylvan town and then defeated a Sylvan hero, the cursor suddenly became very sluggish and jerky, making the game temporarily unplayable. I reloaded a save from a bit earlier and next time it didn't happen - no idea what the problem was as I do have a well-over-spec machine. When I reached the port, I had to hang around for two weeks to bring up/call in reinforcements, but at that point you are heavily out-producing the enemy so time is on your side.

The scenario is quite good fun, and the moral dilemma of the dragon bargain is satisfying since we've been given hints that Agrael's character is improving...

Arabia_vn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Arabia_vn » 17 Aug 2006, 13:31

The first time i played just like u guys did and it took me about 1 month . But the second time i made a big improvement , less than 10 days . Why didnt u guys go straight through 2 gates with the initial army ? They are strong enough (at least for me ) . No need for doing secondary objective or smth . Heres the screen shot i took after passing through the second gate (at Day 7 week 1) :

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/ ... n/?action=

view&current=TheShip.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1 (connect the above two lines)

And if i can do that , then u also can . It will be much more faster .
Edited on Fri, Sep 29 2006, 21:51 by maltz

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby maltz » 30 Sep 2006, 06:33

I looked at the screenshot. It seems that there is only 1 hunter left? And adding up the loss tells me that there was only a tiny army to start with. Er...

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 04 Nov 2006, 01:20

Quote: "Do the monsters offered at the camp change over time or are they random?"

------------------------

Each week you can recruit a random creature. It changes at the beginning of the week.

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Rainalkar » 10 Nov 2006, 16:02

Arabia_vn wrote:The first time i played just like u guys did and it took me about 1 month . But the second time i made a big improvement , less than 10 days . Why didnt u guys go straight through 2 gates with the initial army ? They are strong enough (at least for me ) . No need for doing secondary objective or smth . Heres the screen shot i took after passing through the second gate (at Day 7 week 1) :

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/ ... n/?action=

view¤t=TheShip.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1 (connect the above two lines)

And if i can do that , then u also can . It will be much more faster .
Edited on Fri, Sep 29 2006, 21:51 by maltz
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems very hard to me. You placed nothing of your own troops on the field - theoriticaly, Expert Dark + Frenzy + plenty of luck could do the trick, but I would like to know how you did it.

Return to “Articles”