Nival Answers

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Nival Answers

Unread postby dragonn » 04 Jun 2006, 18:33

If Nival will even try to make things harder for the modders I will burn their headquarters!

Seriously, I'm against modding, but I'm not against bringing back the old look of units (which are ultimately an element of the game itself).

If Nival is deaf and they are not listening to what gamers have to say, moreover there is even no answer from their side ( I've heard that the change of Treants was connected with some copyright laws, but Nival said nothing), modding is the only way. I don't think there is a way to block unit mods, but who knows...

And those unit-changing mods are simple .pak files (if their creator made them that way) which you copy into the game data file, and you can remove them whenever you like, so I don't think those things can corrupt the game in any way...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Nival Answers

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Jun 2006, 19:11

I did not intend any offense Sikon.

I don't understand why people are so adverse to change. Creature looks and lineups are bound to change with every subsequent game in the series. Are the wights/wraiths really that terrible? Or the new looks of the clerics and treants?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Jun 2006, 19:43

With any change there'll be people who like it and people who don't, and some who don't really care one way or the other.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Nival Answers

Unread postby dragonn » 04 Jun 2006, 19:45

But creature mods give you an option.
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet

jeff

Nival Answers

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jun 2006, 20:22

With any change there'll be people who like it and people who don't, and some who don't really care one way or the other.

This rings very true, the decisions made so far has endeared some and angered others. However, it seems as I said they have a good start for a very entertaining game, but much will be decided in the upgrades and the expansions. Despite any criticism I may state I truly do wish them luck and success.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Nival Answers

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 20:52

Omega_Destroyer wrote: Or the new looks of the clerics and treants?
Yes. Not that the previous ones were much better. The Inquisitor looks better with just a shaved head (the main menu animation).

Oh, and screw the looks, what really pisses me of is the lack of certain buttons and features that don't really affect overall gameplay but are nice to have. That just screams lazyness or indiference.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Nival Answers

Unread postby dragonn » 04 Jun 2006, 20:54

Despite any criticism I may state I truly do wish them luck and success.

Afterall their the ones saving the franchise, no?

jeff

Nival Answers

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jun 2006, 21:01

Or is the fans that remain loyal and purchase their product.

HealingAura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby HealingAura » 04 Jun 2006, 21:03

Back then we got worried that EA games will (not). Aren't we lucky? :)
Death is not the answer to everything, torture also has its merits!

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Nival Answers

Unread postby Arzang » 04 Jun 2006, 21:06

"The first patch will make it possible to play over a segmented network, but a direct IP patch isn't yet planned. They'll consider it if they get spammed with requests to implement it."

is this really EVERYTHING they'll add in this patch?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2006, 21:14

dragonn wrote:"Afterall their the ones saving the franchise, no?"
I'll let you know when H6 comes out.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Nival Answers

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Jun 2006, 21:55

You can already play against anybody in the world with HAMACHI! I've tried it and it works flawlessly (except the lag). So the lag isn't connected to ubi.com.

The only backside with mods is that the guy I played over Hamachi didn't had the Treant mod so he couldn't connect to my game. He gotted a message that said he needed the mod. (Not sure if it said what mod).

zero_saiyaman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Nival Answers

Unread postby zero_saiyaman » 04 Jun 2006, 23:08

Spam we shall!

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Nival Answers

Unread postby Minmaster » 05 Jun 2006, 02:38

is it me or dont they need to tell non-russian people this stuff on their own too?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Jun 2006, 04:03

HealingAura wrote:Afterall their the ones saving the franchise, no?

IMHO, it would have been much better for the Heroes franchise if Electronic Arts DID buy out UbiSoft & ditched Nival!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Nival Answers

Unread postby dragonn » 05 Jun 2006, 08:51

IMHO, it would have been much better for the Heroes franchise if Electronic Arts DID buy out UbiSoft & ditched Nival!

No EA is even worse. Once they release a game they don't care about improving it, only about the money they can get. They made themselves a really money-hungry company. And the fact that their games are good is because they have a lot of money and can support their games with cash...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Jun 2006, 11:19

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:With dial-up 39 megs is about 8 hours with dial up.8 hours of phone call isnt cheap at all.The patch should be free for all the fans,right?And considering that it wont fix everything,and that there will be at least one more(my guess is at least five)of the same size,that is quite a lot.
I didn't realize anyone still had 1200 baud modems. a 33.6 modem does a meg every 5 minutes, so this would be slightly over 3 hours. a 56k modem would need 2.

Anyway, I'm on dial up, but I'll use a faster connection elsewhere, and use a USB dongle to transfer it home.[/quote]

I had a 56k modem and it took me 8 minutes for a single MB,1 hour for 8,and 40 would most surely take 6-7 hours.
Gaidal Cain wrote:Yea, because 10 4MB patches are quicker to download than one 36MB. :|
Angelspit wrote:No, what he means is that it's easier to ship ten different 4 MB packages AND THEN put together a large 40 MB megapatch... and make it downloadable in small parts. It's so simple. :P
Read the rest of my post.It says you can choose what anoyance to fix and what not,so you dont have to download all of the 40 megs.Youll download just 20,and fix the things that bug you the most.Later,if you have time+money,you will obtain the rest 20 megs.Much more convinient this way.
Omega_Destroyer wrote:I did not intend any offense Sikon.

I don't understand why people are so adverse to change. Creature looks and lineups are bound to change with every subsequent game in the series. Are the wights/wraiths really that terrible? Or the new looks of the clerics and treants?
Changes arent bad on their own,but if they change a gargoyle into a juke box,that one is bad.Really bad :disagree:
HodgePodge wrote:
HealingAura wrote:Afterall their the ones saving the franchise, no?

Sure,better.I can already see it:Heroes of Might and Magic 43.Its same as other 42,but it has a sky that is different shade of blue.Now pay us another $50.

jeff

Nival Answers

Unread postby jeff » 05 Jun 2006, 11:51

Actually one of my mutual funds holds a get deal of EA stock, I was pretty close to sending a letter urging them to move on UBI. If the editor does not have a campaign capability, I'll send the letter (not that it will mean much)

"Once they release a game they don't care about improving it, only about the money they can get."

And you think UBI is different, if so why all of the different editions released around the world. Do you think UBI is going to give those of us who could not get the complete edition a price break. UBI is no different on money matters. They have published less than stellar games that have ended franchises. POR2 for one and they have fatally weakened the Warlords Series.
Edited on Mon, Jun 05 2006, 05:57 by jeff

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Nival Answers

Unread postby Paradox » 05 Jun 2006, 14:25

whats with all the ™'s?

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 05 Jun 2006, 15:36

ThunderTitan wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote: I didn't realize anyone still had 1200 baud modems. a 33.6 modem does a meg every 5 minutes, so this would be slightly over 3 hours. a 56k modem would need 2.
Wouldn't it be nice if it actualy worked like that... Man, i'm glad I don't have dial-up anymore.
Mine always have worked like that. In fact, I'm fairly certain that my 56k modem has actually somehow gotten better than 56k on occasions (don't ask me how...)

Return to “News”