7th Race/Faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2006, 06:58

Disciples 3 will have 2 new faction in one expansio. Why can't H5?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 30 May 2006, 07:45

Heres what id like to see,... hope we get at least 2 factions...

A) Mountain Dwarves

1. Wolf/Winterwolf
2. Crossbowman/Hvy.Crossbowman
3. Initiate/Runelord (spellcaster)
4. Mountain Bear/War Bear
5. Veteran/Berserker (high initiative, unlimited retal)
6. Wyrm/Frost Wyrm
7. Giant/Ancestor

B) Swamp Gnolls

1. Wasp/Poison Wasp (flyer)
2. Footman/Grunt (Gnoll mellee fighter)
3. Serpent Fly/Dragon Fly
4. Cultist/Shaman (Gnoll spellcaster)
5. Medusa/Medusa Queen (shooter)
6. Wyvern/Wyvern Monarch (Gnollish wyvern riders)
7. Red Dragon/Acid Dragon

C) Horde (rough)
1. Goblin/Hobgoblin
2. Orc/Chieftain
3. Rider/Raider
4. Ogre/Ogre Mage (spellcaster)
5. Roc/Thunderbird
6. Troll/War Troll (shooter, regeneration)
7. Behemoth/Ancient Behemoth
Last edited by Ya5MieL on 30 May 2006, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 May 2006, 07:58

TT, as i said, it's only my opinion, but i reckon two will be max .... and maybe only one expansion ... dunno really, im outta the ubi/nival loop ;-)

just a gut feeling

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 30 May 2006, 18:21

I think we'll get two expansions with one new faction in each.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 02 Jun 2006, 10:20

Stronghold has allways been in HoMM so I guess we'll see them. (and the steppes of Ranaar are perfect for a barbarian horde). Furthermore the Academy Background story tell uss that the orcs fled east, some to the islands and other to the STEPPES! So for me it's quite clear that the orcs of Ranaar will form a faction in the expansions.

It could be something like this:

1.Goblin upgr. Hobgoblin
Servants of the orcs, smaller and less intelligent. A walking unit perfect for sending to perform massuicide, lie every other weak unit. The upgrade is a little faster and stronger.

2.Orc warrior upgr. Orc Archer
Was inspired by the screenshots from DMoMM. The orcs really look like a warrior of a noble race. It's much stronger than the goblin, although a little slower. The upgrade is amedicore archer, ready to take up the sword if he runs out of arrows.

3.Warg Nomad upgr. Fenrir Nomad
The wargs are not normal wolves, but wolves trained by orcs in generations, evolving in to a larger and fearful unit. The fastest stronghold runner. The fenrirs are even larger, and attack the enemy twice. The nomads and their wargs usually run in separate tribes among the steppes, but when the great chieftain call they'll answer.

4.Shaman upgr. War Shaman
The shamans are the spellcasters among the orcs. Know actually just a few spells, but also a decent attack. The upgrade is stronger and give a morale bonus to all troops.

5.Troll upgr. Berserker
The trolls have an ancient alliance with the orcs. Like the orcs they only belive in strength. The troll is strong and brutal and have the ability to regenate health, the upgrade is stronger, faster but uncontrollabler. the berserkers are the most prime troll warriors allways roaming right into the enemy.

6.Roc upgr. Thunderbird
The great birds of Ranaan is one of the most mighty creatures of the steppes. The Roc is a flying predator, that the orkish shamans learned to speak with when the orcs first entered Ranaan. Some of the Rocs are thunderbirds able to lead electricity giving the enemy they hit an electric shock. The orcs consider Rocs and thunderbirds as their main totems and as the protectors of Ranaan.

7.Cyklops upgr. Boulder Throwes
The Cyklops were once used by the necromancers as specimen (especially their bodies). But to keep these giants as prisoners was not an easy task. They united with the orcs of Ranaan, since they like the orcs worship strength. They are strong and tough, but slow. The upgrade can throw boulders which hit a large area, but htey do not have much ammunition.

The hero can ride a Sabertooth tiger. (would look cool).

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Jun 2006, 10:25

It seems - according to Dark Messiah's bestiary - the flying unit associated with the "orc" faction will be the Paokai (sort of Wyvern).

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 02 Jun 2006, 12:05

That proposal looks exactly like mine, which I posted in the Stronghold thread. I think it's quite clear how the fans would like this faction to appear. :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 12:33

Darkstroem wrote:That proposal looks exactly like mine, which I posted in the Stronghold thread. I think it's quite clear how the fans would like this faction to appear. :)
Considering the current trend Im sceptic about ubi/nival listening to fans.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 02 Jun 2006, 15:26

Just for information: we discussed this matter on the first pages of this thread... According to the Dark Messiah creature cards, Stonehelm is one of the Free Cities.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Jun 2006, 15:59

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Darkstroem wrote:That proposal looks exactly like mine, which I posted in the Stronghold thread. I think it's quite clear how the fans would like this faction to appear. :)
Considering the current trend Im sceptic about ubi/nival listening to fans.
Yeah agree they like tooked the two worst russian town proposals in that town contest not long ago.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 02 Jun 2006, 16:43

I hope the Paokai will be Dark Messiah only creature. They don't fit in the Stronghold, and WHAT THE HELL IS A PAOKAI ANYWAY??!! If there are going to be wyverns why not just call the wyverns!

Retsel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Retsel » 05 Jun 2006, 02:34

Barbarians:

Goblin/Hobgoblin (melee)
Orc/Orc Chieftan (ranged)
Ogre/Ogre Lord (melee)
Troll/War Troll (ranged)
Shaman/High Shaman (caster/no melee penalty)
Roc/ThunderBird (flight, thunderstrike)
Cyclops/Cyclops King (ranged@upg, no melee penalty)

A H3/H2 mesh.
-
Dwarves:

Crossbowman/Heavy Crossbowman (limited range, high defense[wont be picked off as easy as other level 1s])
Guardian/Runelord (melee)
Wolf/Winterwolf? (melee, doublestrike)
Alchemist/Alchemy Ace? (Caster/Shooter)
Veteran/Berserker (melee, berserk strike[small chance to deal three hits])
Wyrm/Frost Wyrm? (flight)
Behemoth/Ancient Behemoth (melee, reduce defense)

Combining ideas from my old academy/forge concepts.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 08:19

yourworstnightmare wrote:I hope the Paokai will be Dark Messiah only creature. They don't fit in the Stronghold, and WHAT THE HELL IS A PAOKAI ANYWAY??!! If there are going to be wyverns why not just call the wyverns!
And what is a wyvern anyway ? Apart from a creature from D&D Book of monsters ?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jun 2006, 08:40

A wyvern is kind of dragon but without arms and a acid/fiery breath. They may be poisonous, some say they live in swamps or arid areas or in cliffs. Some wyverns are in fact wise and good-hearted, as with dragons but wyverns are better to manoveur and fly in the air than their dragon cousins.
In HIII you get a good example on a wyvern.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 08:46

Orfinn wrote:A wyvern is kind of dragon but without arms and a acid/fiery breath. They may be poisonous, some say they live in swamps or arid areas or in cliffs. Some wyverns are in fact wise and good-hearted, as with dragons but wyverns are better to manoveur and fly in the air than their dragon cousins.
In HIII you get a good example on a wyvern.
You missed the irony I guess ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jun 2006, 08:57

There was irony in there, oh well Im pretty good to miss such small things :D
Anyway you got a chunk of info of what a wyvern is.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 09:23

Orfinn wrote:There was irony in there, oh well Im pretty good to miss such small things :D
Anyway you got a chunk of info of what a wyvern is.
Actually here's a bit "historical" info straight from Wikipedia :
In heraldry, the wyvern represents pestilence, conquest, or other such ideas.

The portmanteau word "Wyvern" is associated with the area of Herefordshire and Worcestershire, as the rivers Wye and Severn run through Hereford and Worcester respectively. Therefore, the wyvern is often used as a mascot in that area. For example, one of the local radio stations is called Wyvern FM, and its first logo, in 1982, featured a wyvern dragon.
So it is no more legitimate to call a fantasy monster "Wyvern" than "Paokai". That's what I wanted to make "yourworstnightmare" think about ;)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Jun 2006, 09:28

Agree, its fantasy after all, no name should matter more than others.

Hmm since the Pokai dosent have eyes, its just a name for a "blind" wyvern then.. No wait, It cant be blind, its more like a troglodyte version of the wyvern, using infrared vision or something :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jun 2006, 09:52

Marzhin wrote: So it is no more legitimate to call a fantasy monster "Wyvern" than "Paokai". That's what I wanted to make "yourworstnightmare" think about ;)
If you want to use it in heraldy. But I doubt it was invented for heraldy.
The word wyvern originated from the Old North French word wiver. The word wiver came from the Latin word, vpera, meaning viper.

Wyverns were believed to cause pestilence to northern Europe, Greece, and Ethiopia. It is a dragon with a large serpent body and head, a pair of eagle's legs, either feathered or scaled wings, and a barbed tail. The most important feature of the wyvern that sets it apart from other dragons is that it has only two legs. Some wyverns were said to breathe fire, but not all.
http://www.dragon-warrior.com/Bestiary/wyvern.shtml

http://www.draconika.com/wyverns.php
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 09:56

In french folklore the wyvern sometimes has a lion head and is called Wyver, Vouivre or even Tarasque depending on the region :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”