Campaign Editor

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
jeff

Campaign Editor

Unread postby jeff » 28 May 2006, 23:56

I have installed the mod and the blue shield icon launches the game just fine, but when I try and use the editor I do not see any sign that the mod is being used. I see no difference between editor whether using the c_e_mod.exe or campaign_editor.exe files. Aren't there new objects that should be present like the caravan quest hut or griffin helm?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Campaign Editor

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 May 2006, 01:27

jeff wrote:I have installed the mod and the blue shield icon launches the game just fine, but when I try and use the editor I do not see any sign that the mod is being used. I see no difference between editor whether using the c_e_mod.exe or campaign_editor.exe files. Aren't there new objects that should be present like the caravan quest hut or griffin helm?
You should see some extra tabs in the upper right hand corner of the pallet that has the "Equilibris Extras".
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Re: Campaign Editor

Unread postby jeff » 29 May 2006, 02:16

HodgePodge wrote: You should see some extra tabs in the upper right hand corner of the pallet that has the "Equilibris Extras".
That's what I am not seeing. After the installation I get the second editor icon c_e_mod.exe, but both icons launch the same editor, the about Heroes IV Campaign editor message for both says 2003 copyright 3DO. :(

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2006, 08:05

To see extras, you have to configure them manually in tools->customize or download our equi.aop file and replace yours in Data folder.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 May 2006, 14:07

Dalai wrote:To see extras, you have to configure them manually in tools->customize or download our equi.aop file and replace yours in Data folder.
That's the problem, I can do the customize but is there a list of all of the extras so I know what all to look for or is there a map that has them placed on so I can drag them to the pallette.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 29 May 2006, 14:23

Most of them (all but early ones) start with 'equi' (you could have guessed!). I suggest you backup your own 'equi.aop' file with your settings, put in our file, study everything you need and/or create a map with all needed objects, then restore your .aop file and use the map and new knowledge to set up you palette.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 May 2006, 14:26

Dalai wrote:Most of them (all but early ones) start with 'equi' (you could have guessed!). I suggest you backup your own 'equi.aop' file with your settings, put in our file, study everything you need and/or create a map with all needed objects, then restore your .aop file and use the map and new knowledge to set up you palette.
Exactly what I decided to do, I had several creatures with randomization scripts and growth control scripts that I did not want to lose. Downloading your file after backing up my stuff was much easier and faster. Thanks for the help :D

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 30 May 2006, 09:56

Dalai wrote:Most of them (all but early ones) start with 'equi' (you could have guessed!). I suggest you backup your own 'equi.aop' file with your settings, put in our file, study everything you need and/or create a map with all needed objects, then restore your .aop file and use the map and new knowledge to set up you palette.
1. That 'Heroes IV do, and he ask this: (he get banned about that what he do.)
What the new objects are need to be, he found just 4 new objects(griffin helm, wall castel might 01, wall caste might 02, wall castel might tower) and the question is what the new objects? 8|
2. its really just this 4 new objects? :disagree:
Black Dragon...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 30 May 2006, 11:45

BDragon wrote:
1. That 'Heroes IV do, and he ask this: (he get banned about that what he do.)
What the new objects are need to be, he found just 4 new objects(griffin helm, wall castel might 01, wall caste might 02, wall castel might tower) and the question is what the new objects? 8|
2. its really just this 4 new objects? :disagree:
In current version, there are only few objects. Version 3.6 shall bring a lot of new objects and hopefully new campaigns and maps that were at contest.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 30 May 2006, 18:06

:up:
So you want say that in 3.51 you have just 4 new objects? :|
But this (3.51) is just version from two years ago... Yes 2 Years, becuse this version was on 2004... :cry: No offense, but this equi boring (3.51). When 3.6 be download, i wait for this version exactly when i register to this forum... :( I don't like to 'wait'... :disagree: sorry.
Black Dragon...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 31 May 2006, 14:17

I understand real world requirements delaying your release. So is it possible you could give a list of artifacts (with abilities), building, etc that will definitely be part of the next release? I understand you may add more later, but I am starting to write the text for my next campaign and I may well use Equilibris as the format. It will probably take me a year minimum to complete it, so not having it out yet is not a problem. However, knowing what’s coming will help me design the various quests, develop the storyline and design the terrain.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 31 May 2006, 16:11

There's so much new stuff... but it won't be revealed until the release :hoo:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 31 May 2006, 19:39

Is there any idea of when version 3.6 will be available? I'm holding off playing (or replaying) a number of maps & campaigns until the new release is available.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 31 May 2006, 19:50

I think an accurate description would be "the suspense is killing us" :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 01 Jun 2006, 11:52

HodgePodge wrote:Is there any idea of when version 3.6 will be available? I'm holding off playing (or replaying) a number of maps & campaigns until the new release is available.
¸

Judging by their posts, it will be when Hell Frozes Over :P or when I start flying.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jun 2006, 20:14

Sauron wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:Is there any idea of when version 3.6 will be available? I'm holding off playing (or replaying) a number of maps & campaigns until the new release is available.
¸

Judging by their posts, it will be when Hell Frozes Over :P or when I start flying.
*Casts Fly Spell on Sauron (& Ice Bolt on Hell)* :-D

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 04 Jun 2006, 14:34

jeff wrote:So is it possible you could give a list of artifacts (with abilities), building, etc that will definitely be part of the next release?
Aproximate list of objects, planned for Equilibris 3.6

Object [comments - optional] (probability measure - 5 - almost done, 1- slight chance)

Field Taverns (5)
Walls for adventure map (5)
Creature Dwellings [Megadragon, Sea Monster] (5)
Quest Huts [several] (5)
New types of prison (5)
Bridge crossing (5)
Creature quest huts (5)
Dead creatures [as a decoration] (5)
Decorartion objects [several bushes, logs, mushrooms, etc.] (5)
Statues [3-5] (5)
Creature bank(s) [1-3] (4)
New watch towers [improved, no comments until release] (3)
Single resource markets (2)

I'll try to update the list with artifacts later.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jun 2006, 17:48

Dalai wrote:
jeff wrote:So is it possible you could give a list of artifacts (with abilities), building, etc that will definitely be part of the next release?

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for (perhaps a bit more detail, but this will do, this will do. :tsup: )

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 04 Jun 2006, 19:25

Wow great work! :D :tsup: so for this one i up my HIV to 50% :D
Thank you its exactly what i was looking for, now i understand that HIV is more good that HIII, but i don't want talk about HV... :disagree: Good work for now! :D But if i can ask you, what you change at statues? i see there in the game has all what you need. no? or it's be surprise... ;)
Black Dragon...

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 04 Jun 2006, 20:21

Dalai wrote:

Object [comments - optional] (probability measure - 5 - almost done, 1- slight chance)

Field Taverns (5)
Walls for adventure map (5)
Creature Dwellings [Megadragon, Sea Monster] (5)
Quest Huts [several] (5)
New types of prison (5)
Bridge crossing (5)
Creature quest huts (5)
Dead creatures [as a decoration] (5)
Decorartion objects [several bushes, logs, mushrooms, etc.] (5)
Statues [3-5] (5)
Creature bank(s) [1-3] (4)
New watch towers [improved, no comments until release] (3)
Single resource markets (2)

Damn, I used 8 in my map... :D ;)

Return to “Equilibris”