What is the WEAKEST town in the game?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Choose the WEAKEST town faction of all

Haven
3%
Dungeon
7%
Academy
24%
Necromancer
4%
Sylvan
4%
Inferno
58%

Total votes: 72

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 01 Jun 2006, 21:02

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Jimmpi wrote:hmmm, I'm littel surprised that Academy is getting so many votes..haven't played them but would guess they would be quite good...In heroes IV the genies and titan killed everything... :devil:
But this has nothing to do with HIV.Djinns are random casters.
no of course it has nothing to to with H-V...Was just ja thought i got..sorry.
So you have no controll over the Djinns spells? (Just like enchanters in H III)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Jun 2006, 21:05

Jimmpi wrote: So you have no controll over the Djinns spells? (Just like enchanters in H III)
More like the genies in H3. Except that you now can cast spells at the enemy if you wish.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 21:05

Jimmpi wrote:no of course it has nothing to to with H-V...Was just ja thought i got..sorry.
So you have no controll over the Djinns spells? (Just like enchanters in H III)
Its more like master genies from HIII.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 01 Jun 2006, 21:08

:-D :-D :-D

OK, personally Academy was my favorite in Heroes IV..LOVES TITANS.. B-)

psychodoom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psychodoom » 01 Jun 2006, 22:57

the animate dead as a specialty for the necro hero (vladimir) it is the best. this hero grants you a boost in the early game and also a wining solution.
But the heaven can kill an entire group o stacs with marksmens cause they ignore defence and have a lot of damage. to much for a level 2 unit.
also the human if it trains 700 marksmen no race can stand in front of them. only undead with spels like pupet master or frenze. ( the chance to finde those spells in the mage guild ar bigger for undead)
the price for training is high but ... you can play only with marksmen and footmans no other units requierd, maybe some monk for some spells.
about ,dungeon no one can rezist in front of it in the early game and also at the end with powerfull spells like implosion or chain lightning you can win but the undead can resurect back what you killed with your spell and this is sa bad thing you must win with your troops but the dungeon creatures are weak and slow also their growth is low, you can not sustain more damage in the battle filed so you must use your spell advantage. (if you are lucky and find the the artefact with 50% and you are using empowerd spells) the best hereo it is that heroe with the emowerd spell specialty. he gains a lot of spell power. also vladimir gets a lot of spelpower.
inferno is the weakest cause they recive a lot of attack points but they cant use it cause the units are to slow.
the elves are to weak tu sustain heavy damage.
and the academy is the bullshit. mages ar good but not enough, and the other units are to slow or to weak.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 23:03

psychodoom wrote: inferno is the weakest cause they recive a lot of attack points but they cant use it cause the units are to slow.
I'm trying to fix this with my Inferno Mod Pack by boosting the speed and initiatives of a few units.

psychodoom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psychodoom » 01 Jun 2006, 23:06

there are also other strategies to play but not tested enough. but in front of marksmens ar useless.
dont forget the hero specialization for marksmen.

psychodoom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psychodoom » 01 Jun 2006, 23:13

dont try to balance the units speed cause you will probably unblanace the game once again.
remember the heroes 3. all factions are good with a liitle bit of luck from the map. there is no weakest race.
the heroes 5 it will change if they will add the random map generator then it will be more playable.
and the races will be more balanced if they will increas the battle filed size
and increas some speed for some monsters.
not all of them to reach the other side in one turns or two.

Curio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Curio » 01 Jun 2006, 23:35

Inferno, hands down. :(

And they had seemed so promising too...but it's true, the only worthwhile creature is the Succubus and her very fine upgrade, and their 2nd best creature is the Imp upgraded. I couldn't believe how largely useless the devils were, and don't get me started on Horned Demons! :disagree:

I'm suprised Academy is in the running for 2nd place. I agree that they get far too much Knowledge, so much that you don't know what to do with spell points. By the end of a rather large map, my main Academy hero had over 20 knowledge, but only about 6 spell power (without artifacts). Sure, I can sling spells all day long, but it doesn't do much at all.

But with the most shooters in any faction, I thought the Academy was very strong...they're relatively quick too, which is devastating with Mass Slow or something. Kill everything before they have a chance to act? Count me in!

And the Necro debate...they rock! :D Having well over 1000 skeleton archers drew fire like you wouldn't believe, and they really packed the damage. All you needed to do was Raise Dead on them near the end of the battle, and one cast got me back about 300 with Vladimir. Spectres are also great focus targets (seige towers miss them so often it's funny), but are easy to raise with their low hp. In fact, in one map, I easily conquered everything with my legion of archers, 100 ghosts, and 60-70 vampire lords (love those self-ressurecters). Putting in any other creatures spread damage more, so I had to Raise more stacks than the 1 or 2 that take the beatings.

razqoonz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby razqoonz » 02 Jun 2006, 04:53

I vote for Academy, consume high resource, artifacier ability isn't much applicable to fast playing gamer.

Inferno is a bit better for gating when it become instant, for suc(k)ubus upgrade alility is good in the early of the battle but not lately, too weak creature very fast to fade away, some of them like pit lord are too slow compared with other caster
Raccoon luv to sleep!

JamaY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JamaY » 02 Jun 2006, 05:16

Wolfshanze wrote:
psychodoom wrote: inferno is the weakest cause they recive a lot of attack points but they cant use it cause the units are to slow.
I'm trying to fix this with my Inferno Mod Pack by boosting the speed and initiatives of a few units.
I installed your inferno fix and I'm currently testing it.The horned demons are definately more playable, and the devils seem more powerful too. I'm wondering if these changes aren't TOO powerful, though. Compare the horned demons with haven's footmen...2-4 dmg, 16 hp, 4 speed, 8 initiative. And they're level 3 :o

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 02 Jun 2006, 05:24

[quote="JamaY"]
I installed your inferno fix and I'm currently testing it.The horned demons are definately more playable, and the devils seem more powerful too. I'm wondering if these changes aren't TOO powerful, though. Compare the horned demons with haven's footmen...2-4 dmg, 16 hp, 4 speed, 8 initiative. And they're level 3 :o[/quote]
Well, you left-out that little part about Footmen having nearly triple the defense value and quadruple the attack value of the horned demon. Footmen are still much better tank-units then the Demon and the upgraded Overseer vs the Squire isn't even close to equal even after my upgrade.

My idea is quick but expendable units for Inferno... before my mod... they were slow and expendable.

Babri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Babri » 02 Jun 2006, 06:14

Wolfshanze wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
Babri wrote:I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude. Nuff' said.
Not quite 'Nuff'... there's another angle, because if that's ALL you do, you still suck as a Necro.

With Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude (which is nice, but not a game winner), you need one more combo to make it complete...

Summoning Magic w/Master of Life + ANIMATE Dead spell.

Now you're TOTALLY unstoppable!

To the original "Necromacy sucks" poster, you're not playing the right strategy... building creatures and sending them into battle like any other race is the fast-track to defeat... a GOOD Necromancer never even bothers to go back to his castle once he's learned 'Animate Dead'.
Guys, I apologise sincerely. That was an uninformed opinion, based on watching someone inept play the game for an hour or two. After further investigation I agree with you 100%. There is a lot of potential there. :handshake:
The average person thinks he isn’t.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jun 2006, 06:34

and then some!!!!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 11:35

Wolfshanze wrote: Pardon my French... ANIMATE DEAD... which certainly is Necromancy. You either knew what I meant, or assume I'm an idiot... I hope it's the former.
But isn't part of the SKILL. That was kinda my point. "Necromancy sucks" refers to the SKILL, not the Faction.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 12:24

ThunderTitan wrote: But isn't part of the SKILL. That was kinda my point. "Necromancy sucks" refers to the SKILL, not the Faction.
Babri wrote:I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
It seems like it refers to the faction,not the skill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 12:30

DaemianLucifer wrote:
It seems like it refers to the faction,not the skill.
Hmmm.... you might be right.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kaxeon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaxeon » 02 Jun 2006, 16:14

Wolfshanze wrote: Properly handled, a Necromancer is death incarnate on the battlefield... they're just trickier to wield then a run-of-the-mill Haven town.
IMHO, Necro is much easier to use than Haven.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 02 Jun 2006, 19:21

Kaxeon wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote: Properly handled, a Necromancer is death incarnate on the battlefield... they're just trickier to wield then a run-of-the-mill Haven town.
IMHO, Necro is much easier to use than Haven.
I dunno... depends on your line of thinking... in a "traditional" build it and send them into combat run-of-the-mill strategy, that can and will work with Haven, but will get you killed with Necro.

You have to handle the Necros differant then any other race. It's not hard to do if you know what to do... but it is quite differant from using just about any other race. A good Necro is almost completely independant of his home castle. Not true of other races.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 02 Jun 2006, 19:23

Wolfshanze wrote:A good Necro is almost completely independant of his home castle. Not true of other races.
And why exactly would not being independant of the castle make someone a bad Necro player ? What would make the game so unplayable with Necro ?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”