Content of the game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 23 May 2006, 13:44

Unfortunately, only the inferno and haven town themes are present in the demo - hence I heard all of the themes except the two I am looking for. I kept looking for the necropolis and dungeon themes on the net and in the demo, and to my (unpleasant) surprise, didn't find them.

As for the music tracks themselves, my opinion on them is varied - while it is better than HoMMIV (or III, in some areas), some tracks I find repetitive and less dynamic (I am talking mostly about the battle and terrain themes mostly).

-Galactygon

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 23 May 2006, 14:48

Extra content as such will probably appear in the Heroes V expansions, as apparently in the collectors edition there is a map of towns not present in the main game - the orcs for example aren't in the game presently.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 May 2006, 14:19

Wow!I didnt know that I had such a strong machine!Works fine even with high details in 1024x720.It seems its not such a demanding game I thought it would be.

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 25 May 2006, 01:41

DaemianLucifer wrote:Death animations are,mostly,really good.I especially like the undeads dying(vampires,ghosts,liches and wights) and the colossi(is this the correct plural?)

But the fighting animations are really bad.The colossi kicking is just...well,dumb.Would it really be so hard to have a few different attack animations for each creature?I mean the game does take up an entire DVD.The technology used is pretty advanced.So a little variety would be a nice addition(instead of those awful glows).
I agree about the battle animations being redundant (and some being plain dumb) but what about all the upgraded versions of each units? They're all (read 98% or so) merely the same frame, with different textures/effects. Except for the rakasha (rani/raja) and the hell hound/cerberus I think all the other units are the exact same thing but with different colors/textures/added "stuff".
Sure many of those still look pretty cool/nice, but couldn't they go a little farther?

Note: I am aware of the complexity/"useless" time that would be needed to be spent on it just for that and I'll also agree that they took the easy way out with a good result, but a guy can hope.

§ıĿ
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 25 May 2006, 11:06

DaemianLucifer wrote: But the fighting animations are really bad.The colossi kicking is just...well,dumb.Would it really be so hard to have a few different attack animations for each creature?I mean the game does take up an entire DVD.The technology used is pretty advanced.So a little variety would be a nice addition(instead of those awful glows).
Well some units DO have two attack animations. Like the Imp. When it attacks it bites. When counterstriking it kicks with it's two legs while leaning on his hand...

By the way, I really like thier destroy mana and mana steal animations...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 11:59

dragonn wrote:By the way, I really like thier destroy mana and mana steal animations...
Ah yes,those are mighty fine.You simply cannot hate those little buggers when they act like that :devil:

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 25 May 2006, 14:43

It wouldn't take a professional 3d animator very long to add at least 1 more attack animation to every unit. I'm not complaining, just saying its not exactly a $10,000 dollar job that would take months...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 May 2006, 18:00

As for the vampire animations and their attacks, well they looks great. I love when they stab peasants to empty them for blood. And who dosent love their latin speech when a stack has been defeated and the vicory is a factum? :D
But as for many creature icons, the vampire and the vampire lords icons should really been refreshed with the present ones, its the same icons as those in the beta.

margie414
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Content of the game

Unread postby margie414 » 27 May 2006, 21:38

[quote="MuadDib"]Hi everyone

The game has been tested on all common configurations and almost all graphic cards, and the results were outstanding, much better than i anticipated.

????All graphic cards? Then why does the list only show 3? I have a Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller which came with my Dell PC and cannot load a game.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 27 May 2006, 21:46

that's not really a graphics card, it's just some basic graphics controller that they bundle with cheap family computers (euch, dell) you need a proper graphics card i'd go for some Nvidia card.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 30 May 2006, 13:44

okay now ive played the heroes series since it was first realsed and ive been hooked ever since, i was thrown off the series because of the pathetic HOMM4, that game was realsed way to buggy minimal maps and the host seat was screwed, now from my knowledge of what ive read on forums and official websites HOMM5 was saposed to be realsed finished with all its features yet it was not, it only has a select few maps and all thoughs stupid maps are FFA and my brother and our friend are unable to play as allies when we are sick of beating the living crap out of one another.

I for one had a pre order of the limited dvd edition hoping for a full game and actually probly to most of your surprise i didnt go to play it straight away i went to make a map and to my surprise NO MAP EDITOR, this angered me alot for i love the HOMM map editors and was really good at making the maps for this game, ive now beaten the single player campaigne more than once on different difficulties, and i am getting very bored of playing the same 10 maps over and over online and off, now this might sound like im having a sook but myself and obviously others are disapointed with this product and do not have the patience to wait a few months which might turn into half a year just to wait for content that was already saposed to in the release.

My advice do not make an expansion pack where we will have to fork out more of our hard earned cash just to receive the content thatw as saposed to be in the offical release, a patch would be good yes but it would be good real soon and not in a few months time because i myself and probly many other HOMM fans might be thrown off the game from the pathetic content in its hasted release. :mad:

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dakobstah » 01 Jun 2006, 15:26

Wow, I am completely blown away by some of your design/release decisions. I did not follow the game up to release as closely as some of the people here, so I was in for quite a shock when my cousin brought his copy here for Memorial Day. While campaigns are nice, the main, indeed almost the ONLY reason that the two of us play it is so we can play coop together. To do that, we need to have good coop maps.

So we fired up HOMM5, anticipating at the very least to see more Multiplayer maps than HOMM4 had. Much to our surprise it actually had less. Not only that, but the few measly maps that it did have was FFA. And only a couple of those allowed us to play against more than a couple computer opponents. Most of them were also quite small. Out of all the maps we dug through we only found one we liked--Warlords. But still, we were annoyed that it was FFA so that one of us couldn't see his territory when the second player ended his turn, allowing enemy heroes to sneak into our territories. "No problem," we thought, "we'll just edit it in the map editor...Wait, where is the map editor? Maybe it's a seperate install."

After much searching, we discovered that there wasn't one. We came upon this post saying "The map editor isn't really important" which I read as "Multiplayer isn't really important." This is confirmed by the slew of other multiplayer problems (Such as syncing problems which make it almost impossible to play using any other method than Hot Seat...once again frustrating us). So I don't know who multiplayer and the ability to make maps for it isn't important to at launch, but it's definitely important to me, and at the end of the day if you want my money you're going to have to deliver a product that I want. So I would highly recommend that if you ever decide to make a Heroes 6, wait until the game is complete, has a map editor and WAY more maps than what you put into this one and then, and only then, launch the game. Anything less would only show that you really don't care about the game, just how much you can milk the Might and Magic name for.

Oh yeah, and all of this is even more disappointing since this was supposed to be your attempt at reviving the series. This game would be weak enough as a standalone, but as a reviver? I doubt too many people will consider it revived. My local EB doesn't even carry it. I suspect if the original HOMM had come in such bad shape the series would never have gotten off the ground.
Last edited by Dakobstah on 01 Jun 2006, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dakobstah » 01 Jun 2006, 15:38

Frenchboy wrote:Hey, like you can see, I'm french and I just want to say something about the little joke on french people. Do you have 6 guns at home to defend justice and liberty ? Has your children shot with a gun before writen with a pen ? I'm asking this stupid question because you 're american. It's just a joke like the man at the beginning of the topic...
But this man is speaking in the name of an official company, and maybe, he should be more careful of what he said in an official topic.

Forgive me for the poor english, you know, I'm french, so I'm not really fond of other language...;)
Um...I don't think that was a joke. The game was released earlier in France than it was in America. Thus anyone who played the game before the American release could have pirated it, or, alternatively could have gotten it early by being French, or heard something about it from a French relative, etc. Thus the comment about the people in question being French. At least, that was my take.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 01 Jun 2006, 16:11

on the topic of the vampires sure they look good in a way, but a green fricking sword? whats the go with that, how are they saposed to suck life out with a sword specially a green one in all reality a red sword would of looked much much better than a green one but in reality the vampires should have huge claws and claw there openants and maybe have a specially attack like the squires where they pounce ont here enemy's and bite them on the neck therefore giving them a chance to double the amount the revive good idea in my books.

Emerald Dragons, wtfs the go with them? why didnt you keep the gold dragons and what happened to the phoenix the black dragon and phoenix where my most favourite creatures to create im glad the B drag is still able to be build but very angry the Phoenix is not, also what i do not understand is why you did not keep the barbaric race i loved that race with the powerful behemoths cyclops and orge mages being able to cast blood lust on allied creatures, maybe in an exp you could bring that race back and maybe another, oh and not to forget beholders my favourite ranged unit and lets not forget about the wonderace thunder bird with a thunder attack and the ability to cast a lightning spell. From my knowledge HOMM4 had more races to build, barbarians/ human/ dungeon/ Night elf/ undead/ demon/ the swamp team ( who got basilisks and hydras as an example/ and the Titan team known as acedemey in HOMM5, key units and key races which made the game awsome and fun are missing from this game and having dungeon being able to get hydras is just plain stupid in my eyes how can they go from the swamp race to the dungeon race WTF??????.

cromulantkeith
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cromulantkeith » 01 Jun 2006, 16:49

ryanmax51 wrote:on the topic of the vampires sure they look good in a way, but a green fricking sword? whats the go with that, how are they saposed to suck life out with a sword specially a green one in all reality a red sword would of looked much much better than a green one but in reality the vampires should have huge claws and claw there openants and maybe have a specially attack like the squires where they pounce ont here enemy's and bite them on the neck therefore giving them a chance to double the amount the revive good idea in my books.

Emerald Dragons, wtfs the go with them? why didnt you keep the gold dragons and what happened to the phoenix the black dragon and phoenix where my most favourite creatures to create im glad the B drag is still able to be build but very angry the Phoenix is not, also what i do not understand is why you did not keep the barbaric race i loved that race with the powerful behemoths cyclops and orge mages being able to cast blood lust on allied creatures, maybe in an exp you could bring that race back and maybe another, oh and not to forget beholders my favourite ranged unit and lets not forget about the wonderace thunder bird with a thunder attack and the ability to cast a lightning spell. From my knowledge HOMM4 had more races to build, barbarians/ human/ dungeon/ Night elf/ undead/ demon/ the swamp team ( who got basilisks and hydras as an example/ and the Titan team known as acedemey in HOMM5, key units and key races which made the game awsome and fun are missing from this game and having dungeon being able to get hydras is just plain stupid in my eyes how can they go from the swamp race to the dungeon race WTF??????.

More punctuation please. Do people not read their posts before posting?

I have a headache now.

Dakobstah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dakobstah » 01 Jun 2006, 17:04

ryanmax51 wrote:and having dungeon being able to get hydras is just plain stupid in my eyes how can they go from the swamp race to the dungeon race WTF??????.
That's not at all stupid if you played Heroes I-III. Hydras were always associated with the warlock up until Heroes IV. One of the things Heroes V has done well is getting back some of the old town types, although I agree that they are missing several which would make the game much better. I'd have preferred that races such as the barbarian be included, but then again, I'd be willing to pay for an expansion that included those races (if they were done correctly).

I also agree that the phoenix should have trumped the green dragon. Green dragons=too much like black dragons. In fact, the sylvans just feel too different from the feel that the old elves used to have. The old elves used to have a sort of "We live deep in the medieval woods where we have fun shooting bows, laughing and dancing and riding unicorns" feel. The sylvans have a "We live in a lake in the middle of Africa where we spend all of our time beating on drums and creating raft structures" feel. I dunno, I don 't really like them.

Wow, this feels really off topic :/

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 18:57

Dakobstah wrote:That's not at all stupid if you played Heroes I-III. Hydras were always associated with the warlock up until Heroes IV.
No,it was in swamp in HIII.
Dakobstah wrote: One of the things Heroes V has done well is getting back some of the old town types, although I agree that they are missing several which would make the game much better. I'd have preferred that races such as the barbarian be included, but then again, I'd be willing to pay for an expansion that included those races (if they were done correctly).
I miss only the barbarians,as a might town.
Dakobstah wrote: I also agree that the phoenix should have trumped the green dragon. Green dragons=too much like black dragons. In fact, the sylvans just feel too different from the feel that the old elves used to have. The old elves used to have a sort of "We live deep in the medieval woods where we have fun shooting bows, laughing and dancing and riding unicorns" feel. The sylvans have a "We live in a lake in the middle of Africa where we spend all of our time beating on drums and creating raft structures" feel. I dunno, I don 't really like them.
I agree.We have too much dragons,and phoenix would fit sylvan much better.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 01 Jun 2006, 22:39

if i was still at school then id use punctuation, seeing as its a forum i do not bother with it for i c no point in making apost absolutely perfect for certain people.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 01 Jun 2006, 22:43

some valid points, but also in my eyes the hydra doesnt really fit the dungeon team cause hydras are more of a swamp/forest land creature.

nosfe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nosfe » 03 Jun 2006, 00:53

ryanmax51 wrote:some valid points, but also in my eyes the hydra doesnt really fit the dungeon team cause hydras are more of a swamp/forest land creature.
I've seen a game in whitch the basilisk was an oversized rooster with a poisonous bite, so i dont realy care if in h3 the hydra was in a swamp; its in another universe(see h2->h3)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”