Favourite Creature Designs.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 12:00

I adore the ancient treant defend animation.Why cant we have more animations for defend like that one?

schmout
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schmout » 29 May 2006, 23:29

Not being far in the game i didnt see a lot of creatures but my favorites are the archangels, the paladins and the archdevils. I think the archangels are great because they have style ( their sword is super cool) abd they are powerful but the most cool thing is to resurect dead units. They can also move far. Although you can only use this ability once you can ressurect any number of units (1k marksman). The paladins are cool, they have the ability to heeal units they can go far and they attack good plus the armor lokks very good. But the most cool ones are the archdevils. They are so well done. They attack pretty good and they move far. The only inconvinient with these three is that they take 4 squares on the tactic mode grid. But they still are pretty cool.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 30 May 2006, 00:42

im a big fan of both incarnations of the succubus, also like the sprite and the unicorn, haven't seen much of the dungeon or academy

Yrkoon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yrkoon » 30 May 2006, 21:41

I just love the way mages , when they get shot with a ranged attack , brush their sleeve like it was nothing

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 31 May 2006, 01:24

i like:

treants - look cool, much better than beta, i really dont understand what people have against them. -edit: they do move a bit too fast though-

Gargoyles - first of all, not everybodyhates them. i dont actually love them, but i think it looks pretty nice and i appreciate Ubi taking such a risk in designing them like that. a little bit of originality never hurt anybody.

Black dragons - they rule!!!

Devils - look pretty good, although i would make some changes.

Demons - i dont really like the art here, but the animations are great. they just remind me of a small, red, flaming King Kong.

Lich - gotta love the liches!

Angels - A guy in a hood with wings. awesome.

Rakshasa - very cool guys

Djinns - i cant believe some people actually dont like these guys. they, imo, are the coolest looking guys in the game. they deffinetly top the list.

Unicorns - actually, i think they tie the Djinns in the #1 slot. they are just beautiful (even though they looked better in the beta)

Skeleton Archers - they just look good.
Last edited by soupnazii on 31 May 2006, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Trian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trian » 31 May 2006, 09:24

Personally i'm a huge fan of most all of the desigins in the game except for that of the Emerald Dragon! The Green Dragon looks so wonderful. So why in the world does it turn hideous upon an upgrade? Anyone else thin that the Emerald Dragon needs to be prettied up?
"Ich bin ein Theil des Theils, der anfangs alles war"
Goethe. - Mephisophiles in Faust
"I am a part of the part, which at first was the whole"

Revenged
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Revenged » 01 Jun 2006, 09:27

Hmm...must be the Wights or the Liches. Both ones look excellent.

The Wraith is laughable - sort of a disco version of Wight. :D

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Jun 2006, 10:16

Forgot to mention the djinns breakfingers animation and sound. Like they have too much magic stored in their huge hands and fingertips or just softening them up before they use their sword. A funny and a bit arrogant "Im ready" pose showing that "Hey yeah I may have big hands but watch what I can do with them,holding a sword, cast spells..." :D

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 01 Jun 2006, 10:26

I also like djinnis! Its odd how so many people like this strange design.

One thing... I think it would be nicer if the Inferno units would be more humanoid. Devils could be like in HoMM 4. Succubi i dont like at all, they are too monsterish. How can you call it the Hall of Temptations? No mortal would be tempted by a monster(a few maybe).

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Jun 2006, 10:34

Purple Sky wrote:I also like djinnis! Its odd how so many people like this strange design.
Mostly becasue they have a small head and a big hands.

The male and female djinn heroes damages this statement abit since they look like the genies in previous games.

Revenged
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Revenged » 01 Jun 2006, 10:44

Djinns are kind of odd. Still ok, I guess.

But there's also one design I particularly dig - the Gargoyles! They're hilarious! They look so...noobish. :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 14:19

Purple Sky wrote:One thing... I think it would be nicer if the Inferno units would be more humanoid. Devils could be like in HoMM 4. Succubi i dont like at all, they are too monsterish. How can you call it the Hall of Temptations? No mortal would be tempted by a monster(a few maybe).
Ammm...they are demons,so no,they dont need to look more humanoid.And succubi is a temptress because she uses magic(polymorf and charm).Of course no one would fall for her if she was in her true form.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 14:47

DaemianLucifer wrote:.Of course no one would fall for her if she was in her true form.
Ur underestimating human perversion.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 14:52

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:.Of course no one normal would fall for her if she was in her true form.
Ur underestimating human perversion.
Does this fix make you happy?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Jun 2006, 15:00

I find djinns hilarious in their current form, but hey, they're other-dimensional beings and we cant expect them to look "normal" in the same way as we percieve the notion of normality.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 01 Jun 2006, 19:53

Trian wrote:Personally i'm a huge fan of most all of the desigins in the game except for that of the Emerald Dragon! The Green Dragon looks so wonderful. So why in the world does it turn hideous upon an upgrade? Anyone else thin that the Emerald Dragon needs to be prettied up?
Yes! i hate the emeralds! they are so ugly! ok, i can live with the fact that their ugly, just like gargoyles, but they dont even look strong! i mean, the green dragons, i actually really like, i forgot to put them in my list before. they look like really buff crocodiles with wings. you can just see the power within them. but the emerald dragons, well, they're all skinny and stuff and look really weak and, once again, ugly! i think i wont upgrade them just because of that. if someone could make a mod that would change the models of the emerald dragon with the one of the gree dragon and vice versa, it would make me very happy.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Jun 2006, 20:39

Somewhat agree on that one, the emerald dragon looks so thin especially its neck. Also I dont quite like the shape of the head either. But the rest is nice.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”