What is the WEAKEST town in the game?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Choose the WEAKEST town faction of all

Haven
3%
Dungeon
7%
Academy
24%
Necromancer
4%
Sylvan
4%
Inferno
58%

Total votes: 72

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 01 Jun 2006, 05:14

Even though inferno has its pitfalls, on a low-resource map academy can have a heck of a time getting on its feet.

I voted academy, simply due to its awkward early to middle game.

Inferno has weak units, but they seem to do well throughout most stages of the game. I was close to voting for this faction, but chose against it.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 01 Jun 2006, 05:30

Academy, mainly because Wizards suck. They get no progression in attack and defense and they rarely get offered the attack and defense secondary skills, which makes mini-artifacts a necessity. Their primary skill is knowledge but they get so much of it that it becomes useless except for the small boosts to the mini-artifacts. Their second highest skill is spell power but they don't get access to many destruction spells, even with the library, and they don't have many abilities to enhance the effectiveness of spells.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Jun 2006, 07:06

I understand why someone would vote necro,they are tough to master.And until you master them,they are weak
and when you do they can become unstoppable quickly ;-)

well, maybe not unstoppable, but a necro skilled player can cause a LOT of hurt

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 07:16

stefan.urlus wrote:and when you do they can become unstoppable quickly ;-)

well, maybe not unstoppable, but a necro skilled player can cause a LOT of hurt
Unstopable by most.Hard to master,hard to stop.Thats why you simply have to like them :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Jun 2006, 07:35

Dont know which one is the weakest.

Need alot more time to test them out, even more after patches and expansions.
Last edited by Orfinn on 01 Jun 2006, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 01 Jun 2006, 08:03

what the .... ?? now two ppl have picked sylvan??

are we playing the same game??

Babri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Babri » 01 Jun 2006, 14:10

I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
The average person thinks he isn’t.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 14:40

Babri wrote:I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
Sure,it sucks to swarm your enemy with bones.But,as I said,its hard to master.Kind of like zergs :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 14:40

Babri wrote:I've only played the Nature and Necromancy angle and Necromancy sucks, as far as I can tell.
Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude. Nuff' said.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 15:14

ThunderTitan wrote:
Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude. Nuff' said.
Not quite 'Nuff'... there's another angle, because if that's ALL you do, you still suck as a Necro.

With Raise Archers and Eternal Servitude (which is nice, but not a game winner), you need one more combo to make it complete...

Summoning Magic w/Master of Life + ANIMATE Dead spell.

Now you're TOTALLY unstoppable!

To the original "Necromacy sucks" poster, you're not playing the right strategy... building creatures and sending them into battle like any other race is the fast-track to defeat... a GOOD Necromancer never even bothers to go back to his castle once he's learned 'Animate Dead'.
Last edited by Wolfshanze on 01 Jun 2006, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 15:20

Wolfshanze wrote: Summoning Magic w/Master of Life + Raise Dead spell.
Which isn't Necromancy....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 15:46

ThunderTitan wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote: Summoning Magic w/Master of Life + Raise Dead spell.
Which isn't Necromancy....
Pardon my French... ANIMATE DEAD... which certainly is Necromancy. You either knew what I meant, or assume I'm an idiot... I hope it's the former.

psychodoom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby psychodoom » 01 Jun 2006, 16:27

the best faction is Necropolis with animate dead ,expert dark magic and freneze or puppet master else they realy sucks.
animate dead helps but not enough in front of the heaven faction which is the strongest. trainig ability helps a lot and makes the difference. and ~700 or more marksmens well protected by footmans are invincibile (they can kill any unit stack on the battle field)
the third factions is dungeon, but when it is about rush games or fast maps the dungeon are the first. the lightning power or ice bolt it is unbeatable 600 dmg or more (empowerd plus 50% from that artefact ) :D rules.(my favorite race).
the fourth race are the elves good but not enough hit points to rezist in fornt of undead or lighning.
and the academy and inferno are the last too weak to uselles.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 16:46

psychodoom wrote:the best faction is Necropolis with animate dead ,expert dark magic and freneze or puppet master else they realy sucks.
animate dead helps but not enough in front of the heaven faction which is the strongest.
I notice you didn't mention EXPERT SUMMONING MAGIC... especially in conjunction with "Master of Life" ability. Perhaps this is why you don't hold Necromancy in a higher state of appreciation. You said "Animate Dead helps but not enough". I can assure you, a proper Necromancer with the abilities I mentioned will impress the heck out of you when he raises back 150 skeleton archers or 50 Vampire Lords in a single spell that you took several turns destroying.

Properly handled, a Necromancer is death incarnate on the battlefield... they're just trickier to wield then a run-of-the-mill Haven town.

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 01 Jun 2006, 18:24

I voted Inferno as the weakest town. IMO their succubi need to be toned down a bit, but their horned demons, pit fiends, and devils need some initiative/speed inscrease.

Inferno has to rely on Succubi so much that if they are neutralized the battle is over. Meanwhile the horned demons and pit fiends rarely get to act.

ultima_squall
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ultima_squall » 01 Jun 2006, 19:46

Inferno isn't that weak imo, the three headed attack from the cerberus with no retaliation is among my favorite, he has good speed and initiative too.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 01 Jun 2006, 19:49

ultima_squall wrote:Inferno isn't that weak imo, the three headed attack from the cerberus with no retaliation is among my favorite, he has good speed and initiative too.
Then dies quickly in large numbers the minute somebody attacks them, as they are amongst the weakest level-3 units in HPs.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 19:51

ultima_squall wrote:Inferno isn't that weak imo, the three headed attack from the cerberus with no retaliation is among my favorite, he has good speed and initiative too.
Yet once they strike they die like flies.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 01 Jun 2006, 20:53

hmmm, I'm littel surprised that Academy is getting so many votes..haven't played them but would guess they would be quite good...In heroes IV the genies and titan killed everything... :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 20:59

Jimmpi wrote:hmmm, I'm littel surprised that Academy is getting so many votes..haven't played them but would guess they would be quite good...In heroes IV the genies and titan killed everything... :devil:
But this has nothing to do with HIV.Djinns are random casters.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”