RT Game Thread: Rules & Regs

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Feb 2006, 23:34

There's that, of course. Lots of personal info is available at the old forum (which is, to the best of my knowledge, still accessable). There is already five active games, and albeit we can be flexible, it would have to be something special.

If (and I say this with every possible interpretation of the word) this game comes about, I'd also create restrictions on how many guesses each "player" can have. I'm getting really tired of all this spamming..
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 May 2006, 19:13

"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 19:15

Whats with the seek,find post?No one seems to visit it anymore.Shall we close it or is someone going to revive it?

And when will the next flaws appear?

Btw,can Kareeah Indaga give us another clue?Might&Magic Riddles seems to be on hold again.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 29 May 2006, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 May 2006, 19:17

"Shall we"? :loll:

I suggest renaming the riddle thread in the same format as the other games, i.e. "Game - M&M Riddles".

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 May 2006, 20:11

There was no interest in another round of Seek, Find, Whatever after the other one ended.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 20:17

I wonder if it has anything to do with wildbear snatching every victory? :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 May 2006, 21:51

The new game has been accepted into the roster. The "Find the Flaws" game is still active, but people are busy playing H5, I guess..
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 22 Jun 2006, 22:11

So now we have...
1. Hang Man - Part 4 -- locked
2. Might&Magic Riddles -- ongoing (Paulus1 up next)
3. Find the Flaws -- temporarily on hold
4. Seek, Find, Post - Season 7 -- locked
5. Part of the Whole -- ongoing (no one guessed Vlad976's aircraft yet)
6. Rage of the Carrots -- locked
7. Hang Man - Part 3 -- locked
8. Diary of Yog the Barbarian -- temporarily on hold
9. Million GP auction -- ongoing
10. Quiz -- locked

But of course, everyone's main game right now is H5! :)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 22 Jun 2006, 22:23

It's sad that Hang Man got locked. I really liked that one :cry:
I hope someone will come up with some new games soon :) I'm too tired to cook up a game :snore:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Jun 2006, 23:49

Thanks for the update TLD. Makes me have to do less work. :D

Yeah, if somebody has an idea, please let us know. And please make it an original one. Until then, let's enjoy H5.. :-D

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Jun 2006, 09:51

Pfft, I don't enjoy your silly games *or* H5, what am I to do? :tongue:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Jun 2006, 10:49

Ethric wrote: what am I to do? :tongue:
Stay out of the conversation perhaps? :D :tonguehands:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jun 2006, 11:07

Hey, I've got 'em all. H1 through 5. So come on over and I'll beat you to a pulp in H2 (if I can only get past those dragons...)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 14:45

I suggest a game of caladont.If someone doesnt know what it is,or calls it differently,here are the rules:

Someone says a word,then another person has to say a word that starts with the last two letters of the previous word.Words cannot repeat,and personal names arent allowed.

Though I dont think Kalah will aprove a spamming game,we could add some more rules to make it more interesting,and harder to post without a thought:

Additional rule number 1:Instead of the last two,you need to use last three,or even last four letters of the word.
Additional rule number 2:A whole sentence involving the word must be written.Or maybe the sentence must contain last X words(X higher then 5 would be ridiculous though)

So Im waiting for the nazi to approve the game so I can start it.And remember,your pleads/begging/death threats can change nazis mind,so go ahead,post your oppinions.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 24 Jul 2006, 14:55

OMG, you called Kalah a game nazi! 8| Now we have to sing the I'm-so-sorry- song.

Hey, I never knew the game's English name is "caladont"; in Romania we call it fazan ("pheasant"). I like the game, but I must admit it has a high potential of becoming you-know-what

DL, you forgot to mention how the game ends: when a person doesn't know a word (which is unlikely to happen in an online version of the game) or when a person can't say a word with the respective letters (for example, in Romanian a common method of blocking a player is saying words that end with "nt", because there's no Romanian word that starts with "nt"). Also, in the RO version, one loses when one gets blocked 5 times (because "fazan" has 5 letters), after which the rest of the players continue until only one remains, who is declared the winner.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jul 2006, 15:29

theLuckyDragon wrote: Hey, I never knew the game's English name is "caladont"; in Romania we call it fazan ("pheasant"). I like the game, but I must admit it has a high potential of becoming you-know-what

DL, you forgot to mention how the game ends: when a person doesn't know a word (which is unlikely to happen in an online version of the game) or when a person can't say a word with the respective letters (for example, in Romanian a common method of blocking a player is saying words that end with "nt", because there's no Romanian word that starts with "nt"). Also, in the RO version, one loses when one gets blocked 5 times (because "fazan" has 5 letters), after which the rest of the players continue until only one remains, who is declared the winner.
Well I dont know if its called like that in english,but it is in serbian(because of the NT ending,which cannot be continued),so I just assumed.

Anyhow,we can play with score system as well,until there is no word to be written,which is when a new round should start.

For example:

If you use just the last two letters,you get 2 point,if you use last three letters,you get 3 points,etc.If you use the whole word,you get an extra 2 points.If you end the round(say a word that cannot be continued)you get 5 extra points.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2006, 15:31

Yeah that blocking thing sounds all right. It would secure a certain limit to be established.

Let's try it out for a bit and we'll see how it goes.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 24 Jul 2006, 18:27

The games archivist strikes again:

1. Rage of the Carrots -- locked
2. Quiz -- locked
3. Seek, Find, Post - Season 7 -- locked
4. Hang Man - Part 3 -- locked
5. Hang Man - Part 4 -- locked

6. Find the Flaws -- temporarily on hold
7. Diary of Yog the Barbarian -- temporarily on hold

8. Might&Magic Riddles -- ongoing (stefan.urlus up next)
9. Part of the Whole -- ongoing
10. Million GP auction -- ongoing

New Games:
11. RT Championship -- ongoing
12. Caladont -- ongoing
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 14 Aug 2006, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2006, 20:43

Good job.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 05:20

This one might be stickified.Also,whats up with the eye poking one(find the flaws)?Any new pictures in the recent future?

Return to “Campfire”