A fanmade campaign/sequel to the old storyline ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you think such a project is interesting ?

Yes, let's keep the old universe alive !
40%
Yes, any new campaign for Heroes V is good.
46%
Nah, the old universe is dead, long live Ashan !
14%

Total votes: 65

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

A fanmade campaign/sequel to the old storyline ?

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 May 2006, 14:34

I had this project for years now. This is why I started drawing the map of Axeoth in the first place (I wanted to make a campaign for Heroes IV back then)

I have a story that I am quite proud of, that would follow the events of both Heroes IV and M&M IX during at least four, maybe five, chapters each containing six to eight levels.

As we have quite some time before the map editor and the campaign editor are released, I wanted to ask you, both the old M&M fans and those who discovered the series with Heroes V, the following question :

Do you think such a project is interesting ?
Last edited by Marzhin on 29 May 2006, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 14:49

Nah, the old universe is dead, long live Ashan !

I dont want like the idea of my precious world destroyed by this game.Id like to see an equi version though.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 29 May 2006, 16:16

I think continuing Axeoth's story is an excellent idea. Using HV could indeed work too. All for it.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 29 May 2006, 16:46

Note that for now it is not known if it will be a campaign editor in Heroes V.

Maybe in an add-on?...
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 29 May 2006, 18:19

let's keep the old universe alive - why not continue making it for H4?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 29 May 2006, 18:25

I voted to keep the old universe alive, but I must say that it all depends on the story you have in mind... Could you give us a tiny preview?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 May 2006, 18:42

At this point in time, it is unknown whether or not Heroes V's Map Editor will be capable of doing campaigns too. Let's hope so. I'd like to know when the Map Editor will be available. It should have been included with the release.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 29 May 2006, 18:54

Any good campaign is worth making. If you have a good idea for the old world, then why not.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 May 2006, 19:31

I'm very fond of the 'old universe'. Voted for the first option, though the second can't hurt either.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 May 2006, 09:40

HodgePodge wrote:At this point in time, it is unknown whether or not Heroes V's Map Editor will be capable of doing campaigns too. Let's hope so. I'd like to know when the Map Editor will be available. It should have been included with the release.
I discussed the map editor issue with Fabrice during the signing event of may 17th in Paris. *Apparently*, there will be a campaign editor released shortly after the regular map editor via another update.

@TheLuckyDragon : Okay, so here is a glimpse of the story of the five chapters... (I don't want to spoil too much, though ;))

Chapter 1 will follow the civil war raging (again) in Nekros, where Malustar, self-proclaimed demon king, tries to seize power from Gauldoth and his necromancers. In the meantime, Great Arcan and Palaedra are having some border incidents, which may very well turn into war...

Chapter 2 will take you to Aranorn, where you'll witness the escape and the following "adventures" of the traitor, Lord Harke, from criminal to hero and even king...

Chapter 3 will take place in Hanndl's Grasp (Chedian, Framon...) where the forgotten prince of a forgotten world will meet his fate, fight thousand terrors and become a true hero.

Chapter 4 will show the power struggle between the immortal king of Channon, Mysterio the Magnificient, and the mysterious necromancer Alamar...

Chapter 5 is mostly unrelated, but there will be barbarians so let's hope there will be a barbarian town in the expansion ^^

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 May 2006, 10:36

Voted for option nr 2.

Ofcourse it would be awesome to see the story rises up from where it left off and continue from H4. With the use of the map editor and propably the campaign editor. There will be plenty possibilities for new and amazing user made campaigns both for continiuing the story from H4 and extend the story in H5. Maybe we get two in one, both normal map editor and campaign editor in one editor :)

But ok lets say the story continue with the old heroes will it be possible to transer the hero portraits into H5? It wouldnt make sense to make an campaign about Ghauldoth when using the face of Vladimir. Anyway before any barbarian or dwarf campaigns can be made we need those factions first. If there are not going to be any campaign editor in a patch I do so hope there will be one in the expansion!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2006, 11:08

Orfinn wrote: It wouldnt make sense to make an campaign about Ghauldoth when using the face of Vladimir.
It wouldn't make sense to use Vladimir's face for anyone.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 May 2006, 12:15

Of course not, it was just an example since they both are undead.

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 30 May 2006, 12:57

You might need to be careful about using old icons as well from Heroes IV, as they are likely copyrighted so you may not be able to transfer them from IV to V without some issues maybe.

There may not be any issues, but its worth pointing out.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 15:23

@Marzhin

It sounds good,but why transfering it to HV when HIV offers so much more?Especially for the start of chapter two(Escaping of the traitor?Sounds like a single thief hero to me)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 May 2006, 15:32

DaemianLucifer wrote:@Marzhin

It sounds good,but why transfering it to HV when HIV offers so much more?Especially for the start of chapter two(Escaping of the traitor?Sounds like a single thief hero to me)
There is three main reasons I think :

1. Even if I like Heroes IV very much I must confess I grew a bit tired of it :snore:
2. I have never been very fond of RPG-maps (probably because I never managed to make such a map myself - I mean a good one :D )
3. The whole point is keeping the old universe alive in the new game ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 15:55

Ubi destroyed the whole universe!And whats worse,theyre mocking it(those crummy "easter eggs" :disagree: )!Yet you want to resurrect that universe using their game? :|

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 May 2006, 16:04

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ubi destroyed the whole universe!And whats worse,theyre mocking it(those crummy "easter eggs" :disagree: )!Yet you want to resurrect that universe using their game? :|
I think Heroes V is a great game with a poor universe. I think by keeping the old universe alive in H5, by making scenarios in that universe, by making campaigns in that universe, we will in fact improve H5. It's my opinion.

And I think Ubisoft didn't trash the true M&M universe because they are evil, but because they're just... well, stupid and proud. The poor fools truly believe Ashan is a better universe. :disagree:

By the way I intend to make a campaign which will better than the H5 ones to humiliate Ubi and burn Ashan in flames. MuhuhahahahaHAHAHAHAHA ! :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 May 2006, 16:15

Marzhin wrote:And I think Ubisoft didn't trash the true M&M universe because they are evil, but because they're just... well, stupid and proud. The poor fools truly believe Ashan is a better universe. :disagree:
If someone doesnt know how to drive and is to proud to admit it,and then he kills a man,should we let him go free?

And HV is not a great game yet.Maybe after a few patches.For now,it is just average.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 31 May 2006, 03:26

Make the campaign for heroes 5, UNLESS, you need features of heroes 4, that aren't in heroes 5. (Most obviously, if you need a hero to be in combat, or not have an army).

DaemianLucifer, is there any reason not to use heroes 5 as a vehicle for keeping the old universes (plural remember :P) alive? Even if Ubisoft themselves don't intend to use the old universe it seems silly to point blank refuse to use heroes 5 for these maps based on there design decisions.
~ Rapier.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”