The Queen → The Fall of the King

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
rboy3
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rboy3 » 27 May 2006, 06:33

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/528

rboy3
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rboy3 » 27 May 2006, 06:33

Spoiler mentioned below:

Just for fun, just before sending Godric through garrison, I had him give all his troops to Isabel and had her wait outside the garrison gates. When Nicolai appeared, I meet him with Isabel and gave him all her troops (15 Archangels, 53 Paladins, 85 Inquisitors, etc and some decent artifacts). But he never left the garrison. Since Agrael was too difficult to defeat by Isabel, (150 Archdevils, 360 Pit loards, 3021 cerebus, etc) I gave up and loaded a previous save, sent her away from the garrison after Godric entered. Then the normal ending triggered. I wonder what would happen if I waited 40 more weeks to develop a similar army and defeated Agrael before Nicolai met him?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 27 May 2006, 06:50

I think that's why they made the army so big... would you have the patience to build up an army of that size? :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 07:33

Psychobabble wrote:I think that's why they made the army so big.
They did it because in the Demo many people kicked Agrael's A$$. And conquered the Inferno town.

Funny thing is when I defeated Agry the final cut scene still played anyway. But other people reported getting stuck.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 May 2006, 12:37

Note to myself: I think I saw an Ore mine to the west of Dunmoor, not a Sawmill, but I'll have to confirm.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 27 May 2006, 19:46

*spoilers*

Since I'm evil, I'd suggest having fun with both Isabel and Godric. Grooming them up- I mean. They carry over to future scenarios, godric even the next one.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 May 2006, 18:16

Contrary to Robenhagen, I actually left Godric to guard the castle and Isabel went of gallavanting around the map. This scenario is a bit tricky, because the player needs to be constantly alert and the distance between an enemy hero and Dunmoor is sometimes extremely deceiving, ie enemy heroes reach your castle in one or two moves.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Queen → The Fall of the King

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 18:51

Metathron wrote:Contrary to Robenhagen, I actually left Godric to guard the castle and Isabel went of gallavanting around the map. This scenario is a bit tricky, because the player needs to be constantly alert and the distance between an enemy hero and Dunmoor is sometimes extremely deceiving, ie enemy heroes reach your castle in one or two moves.
Only the scripted ones that appear from portals do that.I used both godric and Isabel equally in defending and scouting.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 May 2006, 12:44

"If you think you have enough troops then head out and meet Alastor, instead of waiting for him to come to you. Defeating him triggers the final objective: Send Godric to Nicolai."

I triggered that objective by defeating the hero called Nebiros. I don't know if you made a typo, or whether this differs for each player, depending in what order one has defeated other enemy heroes.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 13:34

I think the hero attacking you is random.I even had deleb attack me once in demo(pretty annoying)

haarbal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby haarbal » 29 May 2006, 18:26

for some reason, i can't start diggin the tears of asha :-(

i got al three the clues and all, but i can't start diggin, because the dig-button stays black :S. i've already tried with 5 different heroes :P

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 May 2006, 18:29

Try the hot key, 'D'.

haarbal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby haarbal » 29 May 2006, 18:34

i thought i already tried that, but this time it worked (not with all heroes and all of the time though, probably a bug) :D (maybe i only used the 'G' hotkey)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 May 2006, 18:41

Your hero must have all of his/her movement points in order to be able to dig; that's an old HoMM standard. So if you move, you don't have time to dig.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2006, 23:09

rboy3 wrote:… I wonder what would happen if I waited 40 more weeks to develop a similar army and defeated Agrael before Nicolai met him?
You'd get the same ending. I used a trainer to defeat that huge army in the garrison & then defeated Agrael too. Same ending either way. The only difference is you'll get a ton of experience defeating Red in this scenario. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2006, 23:12

haarbal wrote:for some reason, i can't start diggin the tears of asha :-(

i got al three the clues and all, but i can't start diggin, because the dig-button stays black :S. i've already tried with 5 different heroes :P
It takes a full day to dig for the Tears. If your Hero moved at all, you can't dig for the Tears of Asha until the next day when your Hero has his/her full movement points.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 02 Jun 2006, 23:24

I haven't seen anyone mentioning the summon creatures from nearest town spell, Isabel got this in the second map where I explored everything thoroughly rather than just the "third" of the map necessary. In the next map I realized i had it in the book. It works like the old summon stones in III, or was that an add on in WOG? I'm not sure. You can summon troops permanently to your army from your nearest town with 0 mana requirement on the adventure map. It is so sweet.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2006, 10:52

sumalmamus wrote: You can summon troops permanently to your army from your nearest town with 0 mana requirement on the adventure map. It is so sweet.
Nope, you spend 1 mana per creature.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 03 Jun 2006, 22:37

Nope, you spend 1 mana per creature.

It says "0 mana" under the spell. Even if you did have to spend 1 pr creature it is still a sweet spell. Makes up for no caravan to some extent. I'm a little bummed after building Isabel up there is no way to continue using her developed skills once you are finished with her campaign.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 04 Jun 2006, 08:43

sumalmamus wrote:It says "0 mana" under the spell.
That's because it doesn't cost anything if you don't select any creatures. A neat way to check which town you'd reach if you cast town portal (or whatever it's called now).
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Articles”