Anyone for a good FPS?

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Anyone for a good FPS?

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 28 May 2006, 13:52

Hey I was starting to worry that I was the only person in here that plays both FPS games and RPG's. Is this true? or does anyone else play FPS games too? 8|

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Anyone for a good FPS?

Unread postby Corribus » 28 May 2006, 14:13

DungeonMaster wrote:Hey I was starting to worry that I was the only person in here that plays both FPS games and RPG's. Is this true? or does anyone else play FPS games too? 8|
I do like them, but my computer won't handle the most modern ones unfortunately.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 May 2006, 14:54

DungeonMaster wrote: Is this true? or does anyone else play FPS games too? 8|
Don't really care for the latest FPS's. Did play HL2 though. It's a good game. Before that Unreal 2. It was rather dissapointing.

Could never get into 1st Person RPG's though.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 28 May 2006, 15:34

I like FPS games too! Like them alot actually. Have been on quite some LANs where Quake III was the dominating game :)

Before that it was Quake and Duke Nukem 3D. (Duke was my idol for several years :D)

I've actually bought DOOM on all my consoles and even my computer! Funny thing is that they're all different versions.

I got Quake IV, F.E.A.R and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter but I'll wait until I upgrade my computer so I can crank up everything to max. I always prefer to play games the way they were meant to be played.

And I'm one of the few people that despises HALO and didn't like FarCry.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 May 2006, 17:28

Last FPS I played extensively was TF Quake. My computer can't handle anything beyond Unreal Tournament or Half-Life.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 17:47

There are really few good FPSs.I like HL and CoD.But just the original ones.The sequels simply lack a lot.Although there is a very interesting story in HL2.Also the UT is excelent,but the sequels are simply bad.Same goes for deus ex.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 May 2006, 18:18

The original Unreal was the first game I played on my own PC. The begining in the ship use to scare me... it's still eeary now. And back then I could barely get past the first monster, and only by running away. Eventualy I just cheated my way through. Did try to finish it for real a few years latter when I was better at FPS's, but I got stuck in one of the NaPali temples and got bored. I loved that game.

With HL I didn't get passed those Black Ops guys droping from the chopers. Did finish HL2. UT and Quake 2 were great in MP. Never much cared for Q3.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 18:43

ThunderTitan wrote: With HL I didn't get passed those Black Ops guys droping from the chopers.
Ah,that one was quite tough.I have no idea how many times I loaded before I passed that one.And that is just a middle of the game.I hated water in HL though,because of those giant fishes.They still give me the creeps.

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 28 May 2006, 22:39

ok thats cool, the FPS that i play are like CoD2, BF2, and some other randomn games like that, i did play HL2 but i dont have it, (borrowed from a friend) well i gtg my auto-combat for H III wont last forever lol :D

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 29 May 2006, 04:20

I like the Half-Life, No One Lives Forever and Deus Ex games (originals and sequels a lot). Liked Jedi Knight Dark Forces, as well. I'm not that into the Quake and Unreal games, perhaps because I never got into deathmatch.

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 29 May 2006, 13:50

magritte2 wrote:I like the Half-Life, Liked Jedi Knight Dark Forces, as well. I'm not that into the Quake and Unreal games, perhaps because I never got into deathmatch.
Wait wait wait....... Half-Life = you running around killing unreal monsters, Jedi Knight Dark Forces = You play LUKE SKYWALKER (lol) and run around, flying, having a partner that is a big hairball, do i need go on?

Well my point is you dont know realism playing those games

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 14:09

DungeonMaster wrote:Wait wait wait....... Half-Life = you running around killing unreal monsters, Jedi Knight Dark Forces = You play LUKE SKYWALKER (lol) and run around, flying, having a partner that is a big hairball, do i need go on?

Well my point is you dont know realism playing those games
Realism doesnt mean set on earth with earth creatures.Realism mean obeying the laws of nature(you may call the laws of physics if you like).HL was very realistic for the time it appeared(at least on highest difficulty).But the most realistic game Ive ever played is CoD.On highest difficulty you could survive two bullets max,if you got lucky.And there were no medikits,nor saves.CoDII screwed it by making you immortal :(

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 May 2006, 15:33

DungeonMaster wrote:Hey I was starting to worry that I was the only person in here that plays both FPS games and RPG's. Is this true? or does anyone else play FPS games too? 8|
Totally! I play older games though such as Unreal Tournament and UT2003. I have Quake 1, 2 and 3 but I haven't played those as much as UT. It's odd how satisfying it is to kill people with huge guns :devil:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 15:38

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Totally! I play older games though such as Unreal Tournament and UT2003. I have Quake 1, 2 and 3 but I haven't played those as much as UT. It's odd how satisfying it is to kill people with huge guns :devil:
I thought the huge part was just a male thing :devious: :devil:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 May 2006, 16:01

Pfft! The bigger the gun the more fun :o[
At one point I was a plain killing machine and was able to win a game in a matter of seconds (46 seconds is my highest score). There's propably some of you who are much better but I think it's rather good :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 May 2006, 16:03

I played a lot of the original Unreal Tournament, but I've switched to Stealth games (Deux Ex, Splinter Cell) since, which I find more interesting.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 16:34

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Pfft! The bigger the gun the more fun :o[
But if you dont know how to use the gun properly,even the B(iggest)F(riggin)G(un) wont be any fun :devious:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 May 2006, 16:37

I can use any gun properly! To the max and beyond :D I love the biggest ones that take up half the screen and ensure enormous damage :devil:
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 May 2006, 16:45

But big guns can be very clumsy sometimes.And they need a long time to shoot their next bullet :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2006, 16:47

DaemianLucifer wrote:But if you dont know how to use the gun properly,even the B(iggest)F(riggin')G(un) wont be any fun :devious:
I don't know. Killing everybody in the room including myself has kinda fun.... :devil:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”